maintenance, care, compatibility
How to install and use aquarium filters
Internal filters are installed inside the aquarium. The most popular – internal pump filters and airlift. They are inexpensive, they are easy to install yourself, they are convenient to use during operation.
However, these mechanisms have their drawbacks – they must be cleaned of dirt almost every day, they are overall and noisy. Before purchasing such a water purifier, determine whether it fits in your tank.
Will it be possible to install the internal filter correctly the first time? Completely if you carefully read the instructions.
The device must be placed in the tank when it is half filled with water, when there are plants planted in the soil. Before turning on the filter in the network, it should be assembled in parts, and mounted on the wall or above the aquarium.
Water purification devices such as internal filters should be completely immersed in the aquatic environment. Above the filter should be another 3 cm of water. The device itself should not touch the bottom.
If you bought an internal filter, or made it yourself, then attach it correctly using suction cups to the glass wall.
See how to disassemble, assemble and install the internal filter.
Included with the branded filter is a hose for air supply. In the homemade device, it should also be present, however, the principle of attachment is the same. Take one end of the tube and attach it to the special opening of the filter, the other end of it out above the water and fix it with the help of the fastened material to the upper edge of the tank wall.
The tube must be above the water level, otherwise the air will not be properly sucked.
On the tube or directly on the filter should be an air supply regulator. Its location affects the flow of water in the aquarium.
After installing the water purification device, the regulator should be correctly set to the middle position. Then watch the behavior of the fish – some will love the flow of water, others will avoid it.
Adjust the water flow level so that the fish feel comfortable.
Internal cleaners should be installed after they are completely immersed in water. Before you get it out of the water for cleaning, the device must be disconnected from the power supply.
Also, do not leave the mechanism turned off in the water, and turn it on after a long period of stagnation (if you did not have time to clean it).
Filter for aquarium do it yourself. How to build a filter for the aquarium: schemes, tips
Is it possible to make a run for the filter aquarium?
How to install a filter in an aquarium?
So, you bought or made a filter for the aquarium with your own hands. Now what?
How to install it? What rules should be followed?
First of all, everyone should understand that in no case should a filter be installed in an empty aquarium. The container should be at least half filled with water.
It is also worth noting that before you assemble the filter for the aquarium, all the details of this device must be carefully dried. And only after that, proceed to install it. The filter is usually attached to the wall with suction cups at a distance of 3 cm from the surface and in such a way that it does not touch the bottom.
First, it must be submerged in the water off.
The tube that takes in air must be brought out. It is very convenient if a fastening is provided for this tube.
In a fixed state, it will not move and fall into the water.
If you understand how to install the filter in the aquarium, and did it correctly, then only now it can be plugged into an outlet. If the filter began to circulate and saturate the water with oxygen, then you should have no doubt that you did something wrong.
One of the important elements in the equipment of aquariums is the filter. Many think first of all about which one to choose: external or internal. If you are going to draw a large amount, then the type does not matter.
In other cases, it is better to use an external filter to save space. In specialized stores there is always ready-made equipment, but its cost is sometimes quite high.
In this article, we offer to make an aquarium filter with your own hands.
All the components that we will use to assemble the external filter with your own hands can be purchased on the construction market or in construction hypermarkets.
- First of all, we need quick-release garden fittings with a sealed lead-in. As well as a filter with different nozzles, plugs with sockets and sockets.)
- In the plug we make holes for fittings, sealed lead-ins and teats.
- We assemble the first part of the external aquarium filter with our own hands: we install the fittings and the pressure seal with the nipples, and then fix all this with the help of silicone.
- Included with the filter is a special pump, it is also fastened through the adapter. The head design is ready.
- The next step in assembling the filter for the aquarium will be the inside. It consists of the upper filter, intermediate separators and the filter housing itself. As separators it is convenient to use ordinary kitchen nets for washing.
- Put a bell on the grid and draw its outlines with a marker. Cut out.
- We will use a capron saucer from a flower pot as the upper separator. We drill holes in it: one for the inlet and a lot of small ones around it.
- Install the workpiece in the socket, connect with the coupling and fix with silicone.
- We assemble the finished parts of the aquarium filter with your own hands. We attach the head to the pipe and the upper separator.
- Begin to fill the nozzle. The author of the lesson proposes to use the following scheme: a sintepon, a separator, then a bio-ball, again a separator, and at the end foam rubber.
- Included filter has a special corner.
- We prepare the second cap as follows: along the edges with glue we attach rubber stoppers for medicine bubbles (similar materials can be used). Next, collect the filter.
- Now follows the assembly of connectors with male and female threads, and the installation of tubes. (photo 23)
- We assemble the fittings for the external filter with your own hands. As a rule, all the necessary details are included with the filter.
- We take any environmentally friendly tube and make holes in it to increase the indentation area. You will also need a suction net, a mosquito net (this will be a prefilter, you must twist it into a tube and insert it into the suction tube). The intake tube is put on the intake using a silicone gasket. A small piece of garden hose will do. Also in the kit must be a discharge socket, tap and corners. Even if you cannot find all this in the kit, there are exactly the same parts on the construction market.
- The arc connection for butt reinforcement is called overflow. It can be made from any plastic tube or use an extension pipe of an Atman canister. The manufacturing process is simple: we fill the wet sand into the tube and slowly begin to bend it over the switched-on gas stove. As a result, you get the desired shape and the tube will not crack.
- Filter for aquarium do it yourself! He blows work no worse than the purchase, and will save a lot of money and space.