maintenance, care, compatibility
Water in the aquarium should be constantly filtered. This is known to all owners of home decorative fish.
In pet stores there is a fairly large selection of aquarium filters of various designs. However, such a device can be made independently of the available material.
Some aquarists believe that it is not worth saving on the fish and the food for them, but you can find a replacement for expensive equipment for the aquarium. Some accessories and accessories, including a water purifier, are quite capable of making with your own hands.
Of course, for this you need to know the basic principles of filtration of water, as well as have some skills as a home craftsman.
Materials for the simplest internal aquarium filter are commercially available at regular hardware stores. The exception, perhaps, is only a compact electric pump.
However, it can be bought in the building hypermarket or in the electrical goods store.
So, for work will be required:
- plastic container with a tight lid (suitable container for storing bulk products);
- thick porous material or sponge;
- hermetic water pump with a fitting for attachment to the lid of the container;
- ceramic granules or rings for biological filtration (for fine cleaning, simple cotton wool can be used as a filtering element);
- 2-3 suction cups, adhesive resin.
- In the lower part of the canister a hole is cut into which a metal or plastic fitting with a one-way inlet valve is screwed tightly.
- There are 2 holes in the cover: for fixing the water outlet valve and the electropump.
- The pump itself through the fitting is attached to the inside of the cover.
Now you need to make cassettes, or cartridges, with filter elements. They can be made from plastic flower pots, smoothly cutting off the top wide part.
The diameter of such self-made cassettes should be slightly less than the internal diameter of the canister.
At the bottom of each cassette burned holes for the passage of water.
The first cartridge, where the sponge is placed, is inserted into the canister so that its bottom is slightly above the adapter with the inlet valve.
A second cartridge is installed, where the filtering material can be fiber, synthetic winterizer or cotton wool. A filter cartridge with biomaterial is mounted on top so that it is below the pump canister attached to the lid.
If the body of the external filter is made by itself, then its bottom and lid are sealed with silicone or resin.
Tubes or hoses are connected to the inlet and outlet adapters with valves. Their length is adjustable depending on the depth of the aquarium and the distance to the filter.
External aquarium water purifier ready.
As in the first case, the working pump creates pressure, under the influence of which the water is first sucked into the canister, passes all filtration stages and then flows back into the aquarium. Before using it is necessary to check the canister for 24 hours for tightness by filling it with water.
The main element of the cleaner is the pump. When choosing it, you should consider the volume of the aquarium.
For example: for a 70-liter aquarium, a pump with a capacity of 300 liters per hour is suitable, and for a 200-liter one – 1000 liters per hour.
Filter for aquarium do it yourself :: DIY aquarium filters :: Household :: Other
External filter for aquarium makes chemical and mechanical water purification. Typically, this type filters installed on aquariums with a volume of 200 liters.
Very large aquariums may require several filterov These devices belong to a high price category, so you can try to make such filter do it yourself
1. Pick for enclosure filterand a cylindrical piece of plastic. For these purposes, a piece of plastic sewer pipe is suitable. The length of the pipe fragment must be at least half a meter.
The hull will require plastic parts that play the role of cover and bottom. Make a hole in the bottom of the case.
Screw the fitting into this hole. You can buy it ready or take it from another device, for example, from the sensor from the heating boiler of the bus.
Then you will need FUM tape to seal the thread. Wind it onto the threads of the fitting.
Lock the fitting with the enclosed nut inside the housing. filterbut.
2. Cut a circle out of plastic. Using a drill or a knife, make a lot of medium-sized holes in it.
Put a circle on the bottom filterbut. Thanks to him, the bottom hole filterand will not be very clogged.
3. Getting Started filterOur filler. Put a round piece of foam rubber on top of the plastic circle.
On top of the foam rubber, pour in a special filler for filterWater rations, which can be bought at a pet store. It is made of ceramic material.
Repeat layers again. First foam and then ceramic biofilter.
4. Over filterLayers installed electric pump. It will create the movement of water from the bottom up.
For a wire with a switch that goes from the pump, make a hole in the plastic case. Insulate the hole sealant.
5. Prepare two tubes. They may be plastic. With the help of them will be the flow of water in filter and its exit back to the aquarium.
Connect one tube to the bottom outlet. To the bottom of the tube you need to connect a special faucet that will remove air from the external filterbut. Connect another tube to the top cover. filterand to the fitting.
Immerse the tubes in the aquarium. Now you can turn on the finished external filter and check it out in action.