maintenance, care, compatibility
The self-made external filter is constructed on the basis of aerolifting: air bubbles that come from the compressor, rise to the tube, from which they come to the top, and lower with them the water flow from the filter. Clean and oxygenated water enters the upper compartment of the glass, and passes through the gravel.
Then the water enters the bowl through the hole, goes down the tube, and enters the tank. Synthon here functions as a mechanical filter.
This material prevents the silting of the gravel substrate.
External filters chemically and mechanically purify water. It is better to install such structures in a large aquarium with a volume of 200-400 liters. For more spacious aquariums with a capacity of 500-1000 liters will need several such devices.
Branded external water treatment systems are expensive, so it’s best to do it yourself. Materials are inexpensive and accessible to everyone.
Filter for aquarium do it yourself :: DIY aquarium filters :: Household :: Other
External filter for aquarium makes chemical and mechanical water purification. Typically, this type filters installed on aquariums with a volume of 200 liters. Very large aquariums may require several filterov
These devices belong to a high price category, so you can try to make such filter do it yourself
1. Pick for enclosure filterand a cylindrical piece of plastic. For these purposes, a piece of plastic sewer pipe is suitable.
The length of the pipe fragment must be at least half a meter. The hull will require plastic parts that play the role of cover and bottom.
Make a hole in the bottom of the case. Screw the fitting into this hole.
You can buy it ready or take it from another device, for example, from the sensor from the heating boiler of the bus. Then you will need FUM tape to seal the thread. Wind it onto the threads of the fitting.
Lock the fitting with the enclosed nut inside the housing. filterbut.
2. Cut a circle out of plastic. Using a drill or a knife, make a lot of medium-sized holes in it.
Put a circle on the bottom filterbut. Thanks to him, the bottom hole filterand will not be very clogged.
3. Getting Started filterOur filler. Put a round piece of foam rubber on top of the plastic circle. On top of the foam rubber, pour in a special filler for filterWater rations, which can be bought at a pet store.
It is made of ceramic material. Repeat layers again.
First foam and then ceramic biofilter.
4. Over filterLayers installed electric pump. It will create the movement of water from the bottom up. For a wire with a switch that goes from the pump, make a hole in the plastic case.
Insulate the hole sealant.
5. Prepare two tubes. They may be plastic. With the help of them will be the flow of water in filter and its exit back to the aquarium.
Connect one tube to the bottom outlet. To the bottom of the tube you need to connect a special faucet that will remove air from the external filterbut. Connect another tube to the top cover. filterand to the fitting.
Immerse the tubes in the aquarium. Now you can turn on the finished external filter and check it out in action.