maintenance, care, compatibility
The cause of the turbidity of the water is considered “euglena”, known as free-floating alga. It is an integral part of the food chain and quickly adapts to environmental conditions.
The national name “green water” exactly describes the appearance of the vessel, in which such alga is present. Most often, aquarium owners are faced with a problem eugle some weeks after launch.
But why does the water turn green in the aquarium and the algae reproduction begins? There are several reasons:
- Wrong lighting. Excessive light triggers the growth of small algae. If the lighting in the aquarium works for more than 10 hours, then this can be considered favorable conditions for the development of euglena. Starting the aquarium lighting should be turned on for 4 hours, adding a couple of hours in 3 days.
- Excess ammonia. That it is often available in new aquariums and with large-scale changes of fluid. Watch out for the composition of the water you are adding and this problem can be avoided.
- Improper feeding. Overfeeding the fish can cause water bloom. Excess food, not eaten by fish, will settle at the bottom and will be the main reason why the stones are green in the aquarium.
Why does the aquarium quickly turn green, does the water turn green in the aquarium?
In aquarism there can be problems that can be encountered not only by a beginner, but also by an experienced specialist in this field. One of the most frequent occurrences is when the water becomes green.
The reasons why this happens may be several, however, as well as ways to eliminate this phenomenon. The first reason for the change in water color is an excess of intensity or duration of light, as well as a direct hit of sunlight in an aquarium.
Due to these factors, there is a rapid reproduction of unicellular algae, which spoil the beauty of our little underwater world.
If the process of “gardening” water is not started to a catastrophic limit, then, apart from the aesthetic aspect, there are no special problems. Danger to the inhabitants of your aquarium, this situation does not amount to.
But in order to cope with this problem and avoid it in the future, you need to understand why the aquarium quickly turns green in your case, and what actions need to be taken.
Much depends on the correct choice of location: it is desirable not to have the aquarium in places where sunlight will fall. If you see that the water and glass are green, then shade the aquarium for a while – this will help the destruction of algae.
Remarkable helpers in such cases are catfish, shrimp and snails. It is also possible to launch live daphnids into the aquarium – in much larger quantities than is necessary for feeding. Fishes will not have time to eat daphnias, and the latter will clean the aquarium for a rather short period of time.
Feeding the fish during this period should be stopped.
Partial replacement of water in this case will bring only the opposite effect – the algae will begin to multiply even more intensively.
There are several other reasons why water is turning green in an aquarium – this is insufficient hygiene of the aquarium, accumulation of dead leaves of plants and sewage, as well as remnants of food that the fish do not have time to eat. If the inhabitants of the aquarium do not have time to eat food for 10-15 minutes, then its amount should be reduced.
It is systematically necessary to check the serviceability of equipment providing aeration and filtration of water. You also need to clean the aquarium, soil, glass, leaves of plants.
Timely implementation of these procedures will ensure proper chemical and biological balance of water.
To date, there are many drugs that will help cope with the reproduction of algae – they can be purchased in specialized stores. Such preparations are harmless to the inhabitants of the aquarium and plants, and the simplest algae will be destroyed in the shortest time.
How to get rid of greenery in an aquarium :: how to remove green bloom in an aquarium :: Fish aquarium
Beautiful aquarium is a true decoration of any apartment. But if you do not take care of him or disturb biological balance with inept actions, all beauty disappears.
Glass overgrown, water can turn green from the rapid development of single-celled algae. How in this case to restore the broken balance?
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
1. The rapid development of algae, which cause water to bloom, occurs when the aquarium has a bright light, high temperature and high nutrient content in the water. The reason for the latter is often the use of too much dry food – the inhabitants of the aquarium do not have time to eat everything and, as a result, the remains rot and decompose.
2. Faced with the bloom of water, do not try to clean it by partial substitution. When adding fresh water, you bring mineral substances into the aquarium and the algae you need; as a result, the flowering of the water only increases.
3. To restore disturbed biological balance, turn off the aquarium lighting. If it is located close to the window, hang the window, protecting the aquarium from direct sunlight. Stop feeding the fish – a week-long hunger strike will not only hurt them, but on the contrary, will benefit.
Let the aeration work, the oxygen that enters the water will accelerate the oxidation of the decay products of feed and the purification of water. Remove trash from the bottom using the siphon.
During the week you will be able to restore the normal mode of the aquarium.
4. One of the ways to combat blooming water is to use daphnia. Run into the aquarium a large number of crustaceans – enough that the fish did not have time to eat them immediately.
Single-celled algae are food for daphnids; during the day, water in aquarium will become clean. This method requires a good aeration of the aquarium – otherwise daphnids may die, which will only increase flowering.
5. The indirect reason for the rapid development of algae is a small number of plants in aquarium. When there are many plants, they actively absorb minerals, as a result, algae for their rapid development are not enough.
6. Even in a normally functioning aquarium the walls are gradually covered with a thin green patina. Clean this coating with a razor blade scraper.
If the patina is brown, this indicates a lack of coverage of the aquarium. The back wall of the aquarium can not be cleaned.