maintenance, care, compatibility
Aquariums: how to change the water in the aquarium? How much to defend the water for the aquarium
It is not a secret for anyone that not fresh spring water flows from our taps, but a liquid in which almost the entire periodic table is dissolved. It is easy to notice by conducting a simple experiment.
Take a can of water and see what happens to it over the course of a few hours. First, gaseous impurities.
It would be good if it was oxygen. Although an overabundance is unhealthy for fish. The bubbles through the gill slit penetrate the bloodstream and can provoke thrombosis.
But ozone, which in some cities is used to disinfect water, is poison. The same undesirable elements are chlorine and its compounds. It is good that the gases come out of the liquid quickly – it takes an hour.
But the limescale and rust accumulated from old water pipes, settles at the bottom of the can after 12 hours. Dissolved impurities can be neutralized with special conditioners (for example, Sera Toxivec). Here is the answer to the question.
It makes no sense to defend water for more than a day. Everything that could precipitate or evaporate has already done so.
And then the water is just beginning to fade, harmful microorganisms start in it and dust rushes in.
In what situations should be carried out a complete replacement of water
How to defend water for an aquarium :: Settling water for an aquarium :: Care and nurture
Water is the cradle of life. We are all familiar with this statement, but in the course of our evolution we learned to use such water, which is able to kill some living things – such as aquarium fish.
In principle, any drinking water can be used for aquariums, but by no means mineral water. However, only after preliminary preparation and settling.
How to defend water for aquarium, so that the fish in it safely live and breed? There are some simple rules.
The question “How does a little girl retrain to go to the tray (she is 4 months old)? “- 3 answers
1. The first thing to remember is that any fresh water — from a tap, a well, or a fish well — is not suitable. Tap water most often has a large proportion of impurities, including a large amount of chlorine.
Water from a well or well is too hard. And in any case – fresh water is always not the temperature that is necessary for the life of fish.
In principle, a small amount of water, if it is not chlorinated in your area, can be poured into the aquarium without prior preparation. However, it will be better to defend it.
2. What else water, except tap, can you use for aquariums? If you take a lake or river to fill in the aquarium water, then before use it must be heated to a temperature of +70 degrees in order to destroy unwanted microorganisms. City rain or snow is not suitable for aquariums, as it contains a large amount of harmful impurities.
The application of rain or snow water from the countryside is possible, but it should be filtered.
3. How to defend water? Pour water for aquarium in a large container with a wide neck and top with gauze. Defend water within a few days to two weeks.
The time of settling depends on the quality of water in the region where you live. During this period, the harmful impurities in the water will decompose or evaporate.
If you have just purchased an aquarium, then for the first time water can defend it. And besides that you get defended water, you also ensure that the aquarium is not leaking.
4. How to determine that the water has settled down sufficiently? First try to replace not all water in the aquarium at once, but only one third.
If the fish after such a replacement feel normal – try to replace water wholly. Watch the fish.
Some aquarists go to the trick and change water first run inexpensive fish. And only in the case of their well-being – let the rest.
5. And finally, the last piece of advice, how to determine that water is settling well: smell water functioning dwelling for small fishes. If it smells nice freshness – everything is fine.
If the smell is unpleasant – it means something in the aquarium is wrong. Among the reasons for the unpleasant smell, except for water, which was incorrectly defended, non-compliance with the rules of care for the aquarium and dirty soil.
Water change in the aquarium, what kind of water is needed for the aquarium?
Let’s talk about the questions asked in order:
In order for chlorine to evaporate and a 24-hour excess of dissolved oxygen will be enough to keep the tap water. The maximum water for the aquarium defend 14 days.
This should be done in a bowl with a wide neck.
I note that in pet stores sold a large number of specials. preparations for adaptation of tap water (for example, AquaSafe from the Tetra series, etc.). In addition, these drugs have additional additives that improve the quality of aquarium water.
I strongly recommend using them.
Frequently asked questions: About changing aquarium water, for example, is it possible to replace aquarium water (1/4 volume) with undisturbed tap water?
– Nothing bad can happen (one thing, but: it should be about the same temperature as in the aquarium, do not pour ice water from the tap). But still, if you are a caring owner or fish are expensive … Do not be lazy to defend the water.
When changing aquarium water, always remember that old water is always better than fresh water. In many sources, they talk about the need to replace the weekly aquarium water to fresh. Personally, I disagree with that.
Since the older the aquarium water, the better it is configured biological balance. I replace the aquarium water in my aquariums about once a month and I think that this is quite enough.
For ten years aquarium management complaints from aquarium fish on this issue have been reported.
Making conclusions and summing up, I emphasize:
– Frequent change of aquarium water is not needed!
– The frequency of changing the aquarium water to fresh depends on the volume of your aquarium. The larger the aquarium, the less need to replace the aquarium water.
– The change of aquarium water can be done with undisturbed water (up to 1/5 parts). But not desirable. )))
– The clouding of aquarium water after a fresh substitution is a direct evidence of an imbalance in the aquarium. (clouding will pass by itself, in 3-5 days).
– Answering the question what kind of water is needed for an aquarium and fish? I will say – better than old than new.
If the water is green, dirty or muddy – use aquarium coal and other specials. drugs. In addition, consider the specifics of your fish.
For example, discus – very picky to the conditions of detention and require frequent replacement of new super high-quality water and high temperature.
– Carrying out a complete change of aquarium water (restarting the aquarium), pour into the container and leave at least 1/3 of the old water. Exception, disease and quarantine aquarium!
– Changing the aquarium water should follow the cleaning of the aquarium, and not vice versa.
I recommend also to read the article. AQUARIUM WATER from which you will learn about the qualitative components of aquarium water and methods for balancing them in the home.
Video about changing the water in the aquarium:
Aquarium for beginners
Aquarium water temperature
Boiled thawed or distilled water for aquarium. Category: Aquarium Articles / EQUIPMENT AND FACILITY AQUARIUM | Views: 34 647 | Date: 5-03-2013, 10:11 | Comments (2) We also recommend reading:
- – Fluorescent, glowing fish GloFish
- – What is rH redox potential of aquarium water
- – How to leave the aquarium and fish alone and unattended and go on vacation or business trip
- – The background for the aquarium, how to glue and fasten
- – Soil for the aquarium, which soil is better?
An aquarium with fish not only decorates the interior of any home, but also helps to relax after a hard day. Although the fish and silent, watching them is very, very interesting.
If you are thinking about whether or not to get a fish, you need to remember that you need to take care of them, and very carefully. It is necessary to choose the aquarium itself, the fish, the necessary accessories, to adjust the access of light, air, and, of course, the main point in the care of the fish is water.
Before you prepare the water for the aquarium, you need to prepare the aquarium itself for further settling with fish.
To do this, wash it thoroughly with soap or table salt, pour water into it and allow it to stand, so that all traces of the substances used to clean it are completely washed off the walls.
After the aquarium itself has been prepared, you can start decorating it with stones, soil, plants, and then pour water into it and launch fish into the aquarium to test their new home.
It is worth noting that the preparation of water for the aquarium varies depending on whether you make the aquarium with sea or running water.
In most household aquariums pour the usual running water, before it is thoroughly cleaned. Normal water contains many chemical elements and compounds that can negatively affect the life of the fish, so water must be defended for from two to seven days.
One of the main elements of this is chlorine.
To minimize the amount of chlorine in the water, pour the water into the vessel in which it will settle, with a powerful jet or with the help of a shower – this way chlorine will evaporate more quickly. You can warm the water to 70-90 degrees, and then leave it for a few days in a strong vessel.
It is worth noting that when boiling in water all microorganisms die, which can be useful for the existence of fish, therefore, dechlorinators are often used to disinfect water from chlorine – they are sold in pet shops. You can also use activated charcoal – special charcoal for the aquarium is also sold in stores.
Another adverse compound for fish life is ammonia. For the purification of water from it, a phytomethod has recently been used: a submerged rocole can absorb ammonia.
This plant is also advised to use in new aquariums – they will absorb all that is not necessary.
If you want to completely disinfect the water from all aggressive elements for the life of the fish, you can also use special filters – both at the stage of water preparation and in the future, with an already existing aquarium.
Anyway, the main thing in water preparation is its settling and its room temperature: only after that you can safely run the fish into their new home.