maintenance, care, compatibility
You can try to clean the vertical surfaces of the aquarium with improvised means, but experts do not recommend using for this, for example, a simple household sponge. If the aquarium is small, an ordinary safety razor, attached by wire or fishing line to the handle of the required length, is suitable.
Recently, many owners of aquarium fish have adapted plastic cards for wall cleaning, which have become obsolete for their intended purpose. If there is no desire to get your hands wet, then such a card can be easily attached to the pole.
Such a homemade cleaning tool is quite effective and does not scratch the walls of the tank.
When the aquarium’s poor lighting or improper care, accumulations of algae begin to form, which must be removed from time to time. Otherwise, the water will get a muddy green tint that will affect the health of the fish. The best way to clean it from dirt is a scraper for an aquarium.
The obvious option with a sponge for washing dishes instead of a special tool should not even be considered as possible: its abrasive spraying leaves scratches on the walls of the container.
How to clean aquarium glass :: cleaning aquarium glasses :: Equipment and accessories
The aquarium is not only the magic world of ornamental fish, snails and algae, it is an integral part of most modern interiors. And in order for the aquarium to please its owner with beauty and refinement for a long time, it is necessary to maintain certain conditions in it with the help of various compressors and filters, special lighting and hydraulic supply systems.
In addition, timely and proper cleaning of the aquarium is a prerequisite for its maintenance.
1. Over time, the glass walls of any aquarium become covered with a greenish or brownish bloom of microalgae and bacterial mucus. Naturally, because of this raid, the inhabitants of the aquarium become completely invisible.
Brownish mucus on the glasses of the aquarium appears as a result of insufficient lighting, and greenish – due to excessive.
2. It is not necessary to clean all the walls of the aquarium, if the plaque on them does not interfere with the view. It is enough to confine thorough cleaning of the front sight glass.
3. If a bloom forms on the glass of the aquarium with fresh water, it is easy to wash it off with a clean foam sponge. Only this should be done very carefully to prevent the appearance of bacterial muti.
4. Leisurely, firmly pressing the sponge to the glass, you should lead it down to the ground. Also, slowly, without taking the sponge from the aquarium, you must lead it up.
As a result of such actions on the glass should remain a clear transparent path.
5. Next, rinse the sponge in water and repeat all the steps until complete cleaning of the entire viewing glass of the aquarium.
6. Glasses in an aquarium with old water should be cleaned with a special scraper, which can be purchased at any pet store. There are magnetic and spongy scrapers.
7. Magnetic scraper for cleaning aquarium glass consists of two halves. One of them is placed in water.
Another piece at this time pulls the scraper through the glass outside. Using such a device, you can leave the hands of the owner of the aquarium when cleaning dry.
8. Sponge scrubbers with a wooden handle are ideal for shallow aquariums. They perfectly clean the glass, without leaving scratches and streaks on it.
9. Clean the glass aquarium can not only with special tools. In nature, there are such fish and algae, which are no worse than various devices clean small dirt on the glass.
You can learn more about such assistants from the sellers of specialty stores.
10. Every aquarist who cares about the beauty of his home interior and the health of the inhabitants of the underwater world, should regularly clean the glass of the aquarium, because the thinner the coating, the easier it is to get rid of it.
Proper care of the fish living in your home in an aquarium implies not only food, lighting, providing flora, but also timely thorough cleaning of the walls of the aquarium. Follow the recommendations and you will always be satisfied with the state of the water corner of nature.
1. On the walls of the aquarium, especially in its upper part, lime deposits are usually accumulated. And often there are so many of them that a simple brush and hot water will not help.
Better take a razor blade or razor. This machine is very convenient to clean the plaque.
It is clear that such cleaning should be carried out in the absence of the inhabitants of the aquarium.
2. Try this method. Take a small rag and table salt.
Thanks to them, you clean the bloom from algae. Intense mechanical movements simply remove unwanted dirt.
3. Buy in the hardware store tough washcloth, better metal. Go through the washcloth on the walls of the aquarium, the deposits and deposits will quickly be cleaned.
But there are some downsides. The glass may scratch and defects will ruin the look of the aquarium.
4. Get a special scraper (wiper) for the aquarium, it gently cleans the surface of the glass. The price is quite affordable.
5. Drain all the water from the aquarium. Dampen a sponge or cloth in vinegar and rub the inner surface.
This method is effective, most importantly, after such a procedure, thoroughly rinse the aquarium.
6. The thinner the bloom, the less you will have to sweat when cleaning it. Do not run the aquarium so that later, unable to cope with strong pollution, throw it away.
The most difficult to clean aquariums from plexiglass. Be very careful when cleaning, do not scratch the walls.
7. Wash the walls of the aquarium at least once a month and inside and out. Do not use household detergents and fine sand, harmful to the inhabitants of the aquarium.
Pollution control regularly.
8. To keep the inner walls of the aquarium clean will help fish-suckers and snails.
Try to soften the water, and you do not have to very often clean the walls of the aquarium.
How and from what to make a snow scraper with your own hands?
Today, shops can find a variety of scrapers for cleaning sidewalks, courtyards and steps. They are mechanical and manual. If you are not ready for big expenses, you will have to purchase a manual scraper.
It is often called in English manner pusher or scraper, emphasizing the main purpose of this product – push and scrape. Regardless of whether it is a shop product or decides how to make a snow scraper with his own hands, it should be:
- having a convenient nonskid handle from material with the poor heat conductivity that will prevent freezing of hands of the person making cleaning.
From the above it is clear that when choosing a snow scraper, it is better to pay attention to the options of plastic or aluminum, as they are durable and at the same time light. In this case, the one who will be engaged in cleaning will get less tired, and the probability that the device will break will be reduced to zero.
In addition, it is desirable that the handle be covered with rubber, in order to prevent the arms from slipping, and the height of the tool corresponds to the height of the person who will use it, since working in a bent position is not particularly convenient.
Everything said regarding the selection of such devices in the store also applies to home-made tools for cleaning the yard or sidewalks. The easiest way to make a hand scraper resembling a shovel.
For its manufacture, you can use an ordinary aluminum sheet with a size of 40-50 cm, bent along the upper edge so that a border with a height of 4-5 cm is formed. You can also bend the side flanges, and make the handle in the form of a frame, like a garden wheelbarrow.
It is always easier to roll than drag. Having guessed this, our distant ancestors invented wheels. They can be used in order to facilitate the process of snow removal using a hand scraper.
For the manufacture of such a modernized device, you need a plastic or aluminum pipe with a diameter of 27 cm, from which you need to cut a sector with a side length of 2-3 cm less than the circumference of the section. The result is a part that will be used as a blade.
As for the frame, an old baby carriage will be useful for its creation, which certainly can be found in any house where there are pre-school or schoolchildren. You will also need to get old water pipes. Next, you need to perform the following operations:
- create in the pipes on one side slots for the axis of the wheels, and on the other, weld them to the blade;
- from metal corners to make ears for fixing racks;
- make 3 holes in the top of the posts so that the height of the handle can be controlled;
- if you intend to use such a homemade scraper for cleaning snow on asphalt, then you can attach a conveyor protective tape to the lower edge of the blade;
- Paint the scraper to protect the metal from corrosion and give the instrument a finished, presentable appearance.
Such a product will be a great helper, as it is convenient to use and does not scratch the road surface. In addition, it can be adjusted in height in order to customize the user.