maintenance, care, compatibility
How to repair an aquarium :: cracked an aquarium how and where to fix it :: Apartment and chalet :: Other
Breeding fish at home is an interesting occupation, contributing to the pacification of a person’s mental state and stabilization of his nervous activity. But, having an aquarium at home, we have to solve the problems that arise with it.
If the water tank has drained and a puddle forms regularly under it, the tank should be immediately repaired without waiting for its irreversible damage.
- – silicone sealant and a gun to it;
- – acetone;
- – glass.
1. Carefully inspect aquarium and determine the location of the leak. Inspect the luminaire and cover glass, you may have picked up ordinary condensate flowing on the table for a leak, in which case repair aquarium not necessary.
2. Purchase a silicone sealant in the store, it is best to take a special seal, marked “for aquariumsv. In the absence of this, you can take a universal, for glass, but make sure that it does not contain antifungal additives.
It is advisable to use a gun to squeeze the sealant, because without it you will not be able to apply the adhesive evenly.
3. If water gradually seeps through the through-bubble in the seam (passage through the entire width of the adhesive joint), then try to drop the silicone into this place and press so that it passes inside. Do the same from the inside. aquariuma, smear the protruding part of the glue with a spatula or finger.
4. If the water flows along the entire seam and there are no bubbles visible, it is likely that the glue has departed due to poor degreasing. In this case, it does not cost anything to gloss over, the seam will in any case go further.
Try one of the following options. Find a full-length glass of the same thickness. aquariuma and about 6–7 cm thick
Then degrease the surface with acetone. Apply a mesh of silicone sealant and tightly attach a strip of glass to the bottom, pressing it to the front glass (between the end of the adhesive strip and the glass should be a layer of glue of at least 1 mm). The other end of the strip is also well smeared with sealant so that there are no bubbles.
A week aquarium must dry, then you can pour water and run the fish.
5. A more cardinal method for sealing aquariuma: remove all the glass and carefully clean the old silicone (cut off the main mass with a knife, and wash off the rest with soap and water, wipe it clean with paper). Wipe the glass where the seam will be made with a sponge moistened with acetone, then apply a layer of sealant and apply a wall aquariumbut.
Spread the silicone over the seam with any tool, even with your finger.
6. If the bottom is cracked aquariuma, take a strip of glass overlapping the crack and degrease all with acetone. Spray the bottom with a silicone sealant and attach the strip. Once again, make a good coat of all the ends, ensuring tightness, there should not be a single bubble or gap.
Leave aquarium dry for a week. Before you put it in place, make sure that the entire bottom surface will rest on the table top, otherwise repair will not help for long.
Silicone glue should never be sanitary, it will poison the inhabitants of the aquarium.
Newly purchased aquarium immediately carry to the store for an exchange, homemade – repair.
The main types of professional aquarium compressors
Such a device can be assembled, if you understand the basic principle: first you need to somehow accumulate air, and then gradually submit it to the aquarium. This is the fundamental difference between an improvised unit and commercial piston or diaphragm pumps operating from an electric motor.
But how can you accumulate air? The answer suggests itself: in a balloon, car chamber, soccer ball camera, etc. By the way, it is the inflatable ball that some homemade craftsmen use in such cases.
So, in order to quickly and without special difficulties to assemble an aquarium compressor, you need:
- rubber chamber (like an air battery);
- car (or bicycle) pedal or hand pump;
- three-way faucet (tee);
- plastic tube from a medical dropper with a clip.
Three tubes should be taken from the tee: the first to the hand pump, the second to the inflatable ball, and the third tube (a dropper hose with a clip) will be the output hose. The end of this hose must be firmly plugged, and in front of it a tube must be punctured with several small holes, from which air will flow.
Of course, all connections must be reliable and tight.
To collect air using a tee, the pump-chamber line opens first. The ball chamber is very durable in itself, so you can pump it up to failure. Then this direction is blocked and the “camera-outlet tube” line is turned on.
In order for the air to enter the aquarium gradually, the diameter of the outlet tube in one place is regulated by means of a clamp. Naturally, this clip should be outside the aquarium, closer to the tee.
Experienced way selects the flow rate of the air flow.
In principle, a homemade compressor is ready. The disadvantage of such a device is that the battery chamber must be periodically pumped.
As a rule, for normal aeration of an aquarium with a capacity of up to 100 liters, such pumping should be carried out 2 times a day. Consequently, a homemade compressor can not be left unattended for a long time.
It has already been mentioned that a larger number of small air bubbles have the best effect on the degree of oxygen saturation of water. This is achieved with the help of the so-called sprayer, which can also be made independently.
Special knowledge and skills are not needed here.
First way: use of a short rubber tube that is put on the outlet hose. It is enough to pierce a set of holes with a needle from all sides of the tube, firmly plug its free end – and the sprayer is ready.
By the way, such holes can be punctured on the air hose itself, but it is better not to spoil it and use a rubber spray nozzle.
There is another option. For example, a natural stone looks very impressive in an aquarium, from which a lot of air bubbles come out.
For this fit myotis porous or porous limestone. But in this case, there are two problems. First, it is necessary to take into account the influence of the stone on the state of the rigidity of the aquarium aquatic environment.
And secondly, it is necessary to ensure reliable fastening of the edge of the output air hose to the stone. In principle, a special silicone will help to successfully solve this problem.
If the “can” is low and long (there are such forms of aquariums), then the air should be sprayed in several places. Otherwise, all the fish will be collected in one place aeration.
You need to take a longer piece of rubber tube (almost equal to the length of the aquarium), and pierce the tiny holes in groups in several places at the same distance from each other. This tube can be placed on the bottom along the back wall and slightly decorated. Columns of air bubbles will rise from these areas, uniformly mixing water with oxygen.
Yes, and looks like aeration is very attractive.
With the normal maintenance of ornamental fish and water plants, a compressor cannot be dispensed with. Some advanced home craftsmen assemble such devices using standard electric motors, grind out the flywheel and pump parts on lathes, and place homemade devices in soundproof boxes.
Of course, such technical home-made deservedly are the pride of their owners.
However, in all other cases it will be easier and more reliable to purchase an inexpensive commercial compressor, which, if properly used, will last a long time, providing pets with life-giving oxygen.
Water in the aquarium should be constantly filtered. This is known to all owners of home decorative fish. In pet stores there is a fairly large selection of aquarium filters of various designs.
However, such a device can be made independently of the available material.
Some aquarists believe that it is not worth saving on the fish and the food for them, but you can find a replacement for expensive equipment for the aquarium. Some accessories and accessories, including a water purifier, are quite capable of making with your own hands.
Of course, for this you need to know the basic principles of filtration of water, as well as have some skills as a home craftsman.