maintenance, care, compatibility
DIY Aquarium Lighting, LED Lights in Aquarium
What do you need to create lighting in the aquarium with your own hands and how much will it cost?
First, you need skillful hands, without them in any way))) As well as tools, preferably: drill, electric jigsaw, Bulgarian, other small tools (screwdrivers, keys, pliers, etc.). If you do not have a jigsaw or grinder, do not despair.
You just have to do everything “manually”, for example, with a hacksaw or sawing.
I am “modernsirval” aquarium cover TM “Nature” (plastic, with two integrated LL T8, ballast and starters), like this: Acquired two CD prozhetora 30W, TM “Feron” model LL 730. Features: daylight 6500K, 2850 lumen (by the way, 2 SD * 2850Lm = 5700Lm / 110l.vody = 51.8lm / l).
Acquired Aquaelev electronic starter for LL T5. Such a choice was made in order to minimize the “stuffing” of the aquarium cover, the place under which is worth its weight in gold.
Acquired previously voiced T5 lamp JBL Solar Ultra Color T5, 28 W, 60 cm. + reflector.
Socket – voltage relay. It is necessary for safety and the prevention of power surges.
In such an outlet, voltage limits are set, after which the equipment is de-energized. Sockets timers (2 pcs.). Required for automatic on / off lighting.
It makes life easier and clearly controls the time of the filing of a particular lighting. Electronic sockets-timers were purchased for lighting, since, unlike mechanical ones, they do not go astray.
For example, when the network is de-energized, they “remember everything” and after the resumption of power supply, they work according to a predetermined schedule. To install coolers (fans), you will need: 2-a computer cooler for 12W and a voltage adapter, respectively, 12W. I purchased an adapter with a switch W from 0 to 12 W, it is convenient to reduce or increase the speed of rotation of the coolers and, accordingly, the degree of cooling.
And also to reduce noise, if necessary.
You will also need: Silicone (building and aquarium), fasteners (bolts, nuts, screws), tie-holders for spotlights (preferably aluminum, so as not to rust), wires (strong and three-core), are needed to connect spotlights, coolers, plugs under spotlights with ground connection.
The process of assembling aquarium lighting The process of assembling and installing aquarium lighting with their own hands is different for everyone, since everyone has different covers. I will describe my process.
1. First, connect the power cord and plug to the spotlights. From the spotlight comes a three-core wire (with ground), respectively, you need to attach to it the same wire. Do not listen to smart sellers in building supermarkets.
When I bought the wire I was told, they say: “What are you. / censorship /, ground lights. In general, believe only in yourself and reliable information, and not “woe to the specialists”, who probably understand only cheap vodka.
Photo can be increased paint
2. Next, remove all the “old insides” cover.
3. Make the layout and cut out the holes for the spotlight. This manipulation must be done very carefully, so that the illumination of the spotlights will be uniform – throughout the aquarium.
4. Install the spotlights and fix them with a tie and fasteners.
5. All silicone and seal. Remove special attention to metal parts (if used), make good silicone so that rust does not get into the aquarium.
6. After checking the performance and proceed to the installation of coolers.
7. Making holes for coolers in opposite sides of the cover.
8. Mount the cooler. One cooler is placed on blowing, the other on blowing.
9. Connect the cooler to the adapter, check the performance.
10. After all the wires stretch around the perimeter of the cover and fasten with silicone.
11. Install T5 and Aquaelev electronic starter in the last turn, based on the availability of free space under the cover. SD and LL should not overlap.
It looks like the electrical connection under the aquarium
How much is it? Cover – in stock.
Searchlight (30W) – 2800 rubles. * 2 = 5600 rubles.
Aquaelev electronic starter – 1200 rubles.
T5 JBL Solar Ultra Color T5, 28 W, 60 cm. – 750 rubles.
Reflector – I used homemade, because Standard not intermeddle.
Relay socket – 400 rubles.
Socket timer – 350 rubles * 2 = 700 rubles.
Extension cable with off buttons = 400 rubles.
Power adapter 12W – 210 rubles.
Fasteners, wires, plugs, silicone, screed, and other trifles – 500 rubles. (about).
TOTAL: 9760 rubles. ($ 275)
Is it worth bothering? What is the effect?
Definitely worth it. The price of the issue is not so global, and the effect is stunning.
My plants immediately bubbled up even without T5, with the T5 after two hours of intense lighting, an “oxygen blizzard” begins. And this is a clear sign – effective and high-quality lighting. The plants themselves grow like weeds in the garden.
And the aquarium sparked and transformed beyond recognition.
Here are the primary photos of the aquarium and plants with bubbles
Delight the fish in your tank with high-quality lighting. This is not only spectacular, but also necessary for these animals.