maintenance, care, compatibility
What to do if the water in the aquarium dimmed :: The water in the aquarium dimmed what to do :: Care and education
Novice aquarists often encounter the phenomenon of clouding the water in an aquarium. This can happen for various reasons and it is important to know how to solve this problem quickly, so as not to harm its inhabitants.
The question “How does a little girl retrain to go to the tray (she is 4 months old)? “- 3 answers
Some newcomers are in a hurry to equip their first aquarium and populate it with fish. Therefore, after a few hours the water becomes turbid with a whitish tinge. This is due to the violation of the biological balance – the number of bacteria increases dramatically.
Water must first go through a period of “ripening”. To do this, you first need to plant aquarium plants, pour the water that has settled for two days and leave the aquarium for several days.
During this time, the water will become transparent, sometimes slightly greenish. Biological balance will be restored and now you can run the fish.
In some cases, and in a long-functioning aquarium, the mass reproduction of bacteria begins, this happens when there are a lot of fish and the aquarium is not cared for. In this case, you should do a general cleaning.
Sow the fish in another container, clean the soil, remove excess plants, replace the water and wait a few days until the water is clear – the balance will not return to normal.
Sometimes water can become cloudy if you give a lot of dry food. Fish eat it poorly, the remnants begin to rot, which contributes to the proliferation of bacteria.
Therefore, it is recommended to switch to the use of live food, for example, bloodworms. It should be given at the rate of up to 5 pieces per medium fish.
Also great help in the destruction of uneaten remnants of food provide snails, but their numbers also need to be controlled.
Under the wrong light, the water may turn green, become muddy, and a raid appears on the glasses, plants and decorations. This is due to the rapid increase in the amount of algae.
In such cases, make the replacement of the third part of the water 1 time per week, run the fish that eat algae, strengthen or, conversely, reduce the lighting. Be sure to turn on water filtration.
Remove plaque from windows with a special scraper.
The problem of turbidity is easier to prevent than to eliminate. Therefore, follow a few rules:
– do not change the water in the aquarium completely, except for emergency measures;
– adjust the amount of feed, normally it should be eaten with fish for 10-15 minutes;
– watch the number of fish in the aquarium, do not allow overcrowding;
– regularly replace water;
– Do not forget to remove overgrown plants, clean the soil and filter the water.
Muddy water in the aquarium: what to do -description of problems photo video.
So, if the water does not become cloudy immediately after the shift, and you are sure that this is not connected with raising the sediment from the ground, then you need to check further whether you are overfeeding the fish. In this case, you need not to feed them for two days, the fish will not be harmed by this, and the remains of uneaten food during this time will be able to dispose of snails or catfish, and the water should become transparent again.
If your aquarium is very overpopulated, then you should think about selling a certain number of fish or transferring them to another container.
The most difficult to deal with is the turbidity of water from bacteria that have multiplied and microscopic algae. It is necessary to carefully siphon the soil. At the same time, it is impossible to change a part of water to fresh one, as this will give them additional nutrients.
In this case, only boiled water can be used to replace water. If this does not help, then apply Bicillin-5 solution.
It is worth processing according to the instructions for three days. But if the water remains turbid and after that, nothing remains but to completely replace the water, thoroughly washing the soil and plants.
After this treatment, the aquarium must be kept for several days, so that the water will acquire the necessary composition and temperature, and only then run the fish into it.
Many pet lovers acquire aquarium fish. Unlike kittens, they are unpretentious and easy to care for them.
Of course, over time, the owner wants to acquire a normal aquarium and recreate the real underwater world there. Striving for improvement and gradually increasing their needs, often a person does not notice how the ecosystem is out of its control.
The fish may hurt, the algae may turn yellow and die, and after starting the aquarium the water is muddy, although it is still early to change.
Turbid water can be the result of many factors and processes that occur incorrectly in a given ecosystem. Main reasons:
- improper flooding of the water and raising the ground from the bottom;
- reproduction of putrefactive bacteria;
- bad water;
- substandard aquarium;
- improper cleaning of the aquarium;
- improper water filtration;
- poorly wiped soil.
Let’s take a closer look at all the options, because the survival of your home aquatic ecosystem directly depends on it. So, the familiar situation is muddy water in an aquarium.
What to do and how to fight?
1. If you pour water with a strong pressure, then it can lift particles of soil from the bottom, and thus become dirty. If you let the water settle for a couple of hours, this effect will pass – sand and soil will settle.
2. The development of putrefactive bacteria is another reason for the phenomenon of muddy water in an aquarium. What to do in this situation?
Bacteria appear and break down food remnants, fish excreta, dead algae, if the ecosystem is not properly established. Their number can be controlled if the fish are properly fed (so that there is no food left after the meal at the bottom or at the surface of the water), clean in time, siphon the soil.
3. Poor fluid cleaning can also be an explanation of why muddy water in an aquarium. What to do?
In such a situation it is necessary to take steps to clean the liquid that you pour. To begin with, the low quality of water (the presence of chlorine, heavy metals, bacteria) can provoke a massive death of fish and algae. To avoid an ecological disaster in an aquarium, the following steps should be taken to clean the fluid:
– collecting water from the tap, it must be defended for two days – this will allow heavy particles to sink to the bottom of the tank;
– Before the water enters the aquarium, it must be passed through the filter. At the same time, it is necessary to pour the liquid out of the tank very slowly, and the remaining liter of the slurry should not be filtered at all, since the concentration of harmful substances in it is high;
– clean filtered water should be poured into the aquarium slowly.
If you follow these rules, the fish will be alive and well. You can also buy purified water directly for this purpose.
4. Poor quality aquarium. There are cases when all possible causes are eliminated, and the water continues to deteriorate.
The reason for this may be the discrepancy between the adhesive that holds the glass together, the standards. So, if the adhesive base contains water-soluble elements or hazardous chemical compounds, this can serve as an explanation of why the water in the aquarium has become turbid. In this case, another tank is needed for the fish.
You will have to buy a new aquarium, better from whole glass, where there are no joints that will have to be glued together.
5. If the aquarium is poorly cleaned – the soil rarely siphons, there are no snails and soma that clean the glass, no water filter – the result is obvious: muddy water in the aquarium. What to do and how to avoid similar problems in the future? You just need to eliminate these disadvantages, and the ecosystem will be adjusted.
Also, watch for the number of fish: if there are too many of them, you will have to clean more often.