maintenance, care, compatibility
It is always interesting to observe the living inhabitants of the underwater world for both adults and children. The natural desire of each owner of ornamental fish to an aquarium, which has a beneficial effect on the homely atmosphere of comfort and peace, served as long as possible. And it largely depends on how firmly the artificial reservoir is.
So it turns out that the pedestal, on which the aquarium is installed, performs not only a decorative function, but also plays an important role in maintaining the aquamira in good condition.
Now, perhaps, you will not find a home aquarium, standing directly on the floor. It is always installed on a special stand – a curbstone.
Of course, the 15-liter tank for ornamental fish can be put on a regular table or on a TV stand. But, according to the aquarists themselves, starting with a 50-liter can and above, the bollard is a must.
What is the reason?
But the thing is: constant pressure, for example, a 100-liter aquarium, is so great on the stand that its surface can bend over time, and even a slight deflection will necessarily cause a breakdown of the glass structure.
Simply put, the glass will crack at best, and burst at worst. Consequently, the main difference between an aquarium stand and ordinary dressers or coasters is the large number of vertical internal supports that do not allow the table top to sag.
The second feature is the material for the drawer. It must be waterproof (especially the tabletop), as when servicing the home aquatic system, minor spills are inevitable, and this threatens to deform the surface.
Therefore, it is better to use laminated MDF (fine fraction) or chipboard (chipboard).
Is it easy to find on sale a ready-made cabinet that meets all these requirements? Probably, for some standard aquariums, you can pick up a stand in specialized stores.
And if the aquarium is non-standard? In this case, it is recommended to make it yourself.
Not particularly and difficult task for an experienced home wizard.
Project. Such work begins, of course, with a sketch and size calculation.
When determining the height of the bollard, it is usually assumed that it is convenient to observe life in an aquarium in a sitting position. Therefore, above 60-70 cm (taking into account the height of the legs), it is impractical to do it.
The horizontal size of the pedestal is usually calculated relative to the length and width of the aquarium. For example, if the size of the tabletop is usually either equal to or slightly larger than the size of the bottom of the aquarium, then the whole structure looks very neat and attractive.
What to do back wall? The main difference between the aquarium stand and the linen chest is that the back wall is made of a thick and durable material (chipboard or MDF not less than 22 mm thick).
This is due to the fact that it is the back wall that holds the vertical partitions, preventing them from folding under the weight of a heavy aquarium.
Many home craftsmen are advised to embed the back wall between the side, and not to impose it on top. The design will be stronger.
Frame. Vertical internal partitions are installed every 30-40 centimeters. They protect the countertop from bending.
Of course, the distance between the internal partitions is determined depending on the equipment, which will then be installed.
Table top – very important element. It should be durable, flat, waterproof. It is better to let it be thicker than thinner, especially for large aquariums (from 150 liters and more).
For such a weight, a 22 mm chipboard panel is fine.
Drawing. Based on these calculations, a drawing is made with the exact dimensions of the parts.
Tumba under the aquarium and everything you need to know about it.
Many craftsmen themselves are trying to create coasters of wood, chipboard, make good wrought iron thumbs for the aquarium, which look spectacular and well suited for small tanks. But often inside the home-made furniture looks like a big box, which is not very suitable as a reliable support for a heavy container filled with water.
In addition to the attractive type of cabinet, a round or rectangular aquarium should meet several other critical requirements.
For a start, prepare well the floor where the support will be installed, the surface of the coating should be without unevenness, as smooth as possible. It is also desirable to make the tabletop of our stand not from a simple chipboard, but from a laminated material or wood.
It should not suffer from spilled water or sag under the weight. The dimensions of the cabinet under the aquarium of solid wood should not exceed the size of the tank so that the load is evenly distributed on the vertical wallsand.
The height of such a stand should not be large, otherwise the design will turn out to be unstable. If the curbstone you are doing above 90 cm, then the back wall should be further strengthened. Overall and long aquariums require even more caution.
To eliminate the deflection of the table top, additional vertical partitions should be installed inside the bollards. Free space can be filled with various shelves, which will make the product only stronger.
In the back, closed from the view wall of the pedestal under the aquarium, holes for hoses and wiring are made. This allows you to hide communications that go from water to additional equipment.
The appearance of the furniture only benefits from this.
Stands for aquariums, their types and rules of manufacture
As experience shows, in order to make a cabinet for an aquarium, we will need the following materials:
- wooden blocks of 100×50 mm – 3 pcs;
- 10 mm thick plywood sheet, 152×152 mm in size – 2 pieces;
- self-tapping screws for woodworking 3.5 mm and 7.5 mm;
- waterproof paint;
- decorative rail;
- linseed oil.
The height of our homemade pedestals for the aquarium will be 75 cm, length – 92 cm, width – 50 cm.
- First you need to cut the size of the workpiece from the bars for the top of our product and for the legs of the future cabinets.
- After that, you can begin to connect the workpiece. We do this by drilling a hole to the middle of the bar, and then we screw the screw into the hole.
- In the same way we fasten eight legs to the top of the product.
- Made the frame should be well saturated with linseed oil.
- From plywood scraps we make holders for the shelf and fasten them from the inside on legs.
- To give the structure stiffness below, we attach a plywood tabletop.
- Insert the upper and lower plywood shelves, which will also help to strengthen the thumbs. And for the strength of the lower shelves on the inside of the legs, we nail the slats on which these shelves will rest.
- We paint the whole structure with waterproof paint. Let the paint dry well.
- It was the turn of the plating of the future thumbs. First we sew sidewalls with plywood, then we attach the strips on top and bottom of the front part of the stand. After that, we attach the plywood strips on the back and on the table top.
- Now we sew up the middle part between the doors and attach the doors themselves.
- We decorate the bollard with decorative rail and corners. Attach the handle on the door.
- Cover the cabinet with varnish in 2-3 layers.
Here is our strong and beautiful cabinet for the aquarium.
MARINE AQUARIUM – LAUNCHING COMPETENTLY PHOTO VIDEO STEP BY STEP DESCRIPTION.
If you decide to start aquarium fish and even bought a house for them, then you will always have a question: where to put the aquarium? You can, of course, go to the store and purchase any bedside table or table you like.
However, it is much more interesting to make such a pedestal for an aquarium with your own hands. We should not forget that on such a pedestal there will be a rather heavy aquarium with water, soil, and various decorative elements. Therefore, the cabinet, above all, must be reliable and durable.
In no case should she bend, as this is fraught with unpleasant consequences.
Modern manufacturers, most often, sell a complete set – an aquarium can be purchased with a cabinet corresponding to its weight and size. As an option, the owner makes a support for the aquarium himself. This significantly affects the cost of the aquarium.
After all, it is necessary to purchase equipment that also costs a lot.
Tumba under the aquarium with his own hands is done in accordance with the size of the aquarium. It must meet the standard requirements: be strong, do not bend, not stagger.
The integrity of the aquarium depends on the stability and strength of the support – a sagging tabletop will lead to the deformation of the walls, the appearance of cracks, and the flow of the aquarium.
No one wants to once find all of their pets on the floor due to the fact that the aquarium has burst, unable to withstand the increased load on the walls.
The cabinet for the aquarium with their own hands can be made of old furniture. The main parts are cut according to the prepared drawing, sealed, polished and painted. It is good if shelves are provided in such a homemade cabinet — they will help increase the rigidity of the structure.
Do not forget about the holes in the rear wall – for the wires and hoses of aquarium equipment.
❶ How to make a stand under the aquarium :: how to make a stand for an aquarium with your own hands :: Animals :: Other
Aquarium with all the necessary equipment and inhabitants is not cheap, so it is not always after this purchase money remains on the cabinet. With enough skill and the availability of tools you can try to make stand by myself.
This is a way out for those who are not satisfied with the size, style or color of commercially available products.
The question “Why are cats not a commodity, when there are already reviews about them?” – 1 reply
1. Choose a place where the tank will stand with the cabinet, given the size of the tank. Draw a sketchy future stand on a sheet of paper and apply all sizes. Mark the location of the shelves and their height.
Estimate the size of the items that will be stored there.
2. Select the chipboard color in the catalog so that it matches the shade of the existing furniture. Drawing tables can be created using special computer software Basis-furniture maker, Autocad or others like them.
On the drawing, put the dimensions of each part to accurately calculate the consumption of material.
3. Mark the hole for the wires on the back wall, if you have some of the devices hidden inside the bedside table. Take quality material so that the future stand can support the weight of the aquarium.
4. Sawing chipboard is better to entrust to professionals, the work with a jigsaw is not very neat. Usually in the construction markets there are machines for cutting such materials.
As a result, you will have clean neat details of the bedside table.
5. Choose quality fittings, given the number of doors and shelves. Do not forget to purchase and glue edge for chipboard. Take a drill bit of suitable diameter.
Drill the holes on the previously marked pencil marks, they should be arranged symmetrically. Hexagon tighten comfort (furniture hardware).
You get a cabinet locker-cabinets.
6. Fasten the doors to the walls using canopies or guides if you want to have compartment doors. Screw the shelf supports or corners to place the shelves.
Correct them if something is worth it.
7. Screw the legs to the bottom of the bedside table. To glue the edge, take a towel and an iron. Preheat the iron and iron the edge, which is carefully attached to the edge of the chipboard, through the fabric.
Wear plastic plugs for comfort.