maintenance, care, compatibility
Aquarium catfish maintenance care compatibility feeding description of the photo video.
Care and maintenance
Maintenance and care of catfish is not a difficult process. They are contained in normal aquarium conditions at a temperature 22-28 ° C . Hardness of water 6-12.
Acidity is neutral. If you have the acidity will deviate a little in one direction or another, there is nothing terrible. But it is very important that the water was not salty.
To the oxygen regime, most species are not whimsical because the catfish has skin breathing or the ability to breathe atmospheric air.
The process of breathing consists in ascent of catfish to the surface, intake of air and submersion to the bottom until the air is completely exhausted. Soil does not matter. In order for your catfish to be comfortable you need to equip an aquarium for him.
Since the catfish is the bottom inhabitant of the aquarium, you need to make some kind of shelter for it.
It can be made of stone, different types of snags, it can be artificial houses, castles and plants. As for living plants, it is necessary to look at a specific species of catfish, since many of them are herbivorous and the plant can live with you for a very short time. But still, if you want to plant plants in an aquarium, and you have herbivorous catfish, you need to choose plants that are large and have a well-developed root system.
It is very important to make a territory for catfish and put snag. Without such a shelter, the catfish will not be comfortable and the ego will shorten life significantly, and thanks to the coarse, the catfish will receive an important pulp of life.
Preparing for the purchase of aquarium catfish
When deciding whether to purchase a pet, you should conduct the necessary training. Qualitatively examining the peculiarities of a pet’s lifestyle and hobbies, one can guarantee the acquisition of necessary things.
Additionally, catfish are called “household orderlies” for their love of eating soil. Fishes destroy scales and food waste from the bottom of the aquarium, thus maintaining the purity of the reservoir.
High-quality cleaning of the aquarium is carried out by catfish, which is why the owner of the reservoir can forget about cleaning the aquarium. However, it does not hurt to get a quality filter, because the fish get their food in an original way.
They raise the settled debris from the bottom surface, moving the body, after the food begins to emerge, catfish eat it.
When organizing the settling in an aquarium, it is important to pay attention to the inhabitants of the reservoir that have already taken root. Not all fish get along with new neighbors and can eat them.
Guppies and neons are a favorite delicacy of catfish, therefore, to avoid deaths, the fish should be divided.
To create optimal conditions for catfish, it is necessary to fill the aquarium with stones or thick vegetation. These fish prefer to be in the shelter before the onset of the night time. In the daytime, they love to clean the bottom of the aquarium.
However, somics are not easy to see, because they have a special protective coloration and almost merge with the stones.
KALLIHTIS OR AQUARIUM SOM KALIHT CONTENTS BREEDING PHOTOS.
DIANEMA LONGIBARBIS CONTENTS DIVISION COMPATIBILITY PHOTO DESCRIPTION.
BROCHIS OR GREEN SOMIK CONTENT REPRODUCTION DESCRIPTION PHOTOS.
AMBLIDORAS OF HANKOK OR BEDROOM SOMIK-AQUORIUM FISH.
Aquarists love catfish for their unusual appearance, the ability of some species to grow to impressive size, as well as decorative. There are incredibly many types of aquarium catfish, some of them are even distantly similar to catfish.
There are species that completely change our idea of catfish, and some can truly compete with any goldfish in an aquarium.
- Mottled aquarium catfish representative of armored. Almost all of this family of fish have a calm disposition. Let’s combine the marble aquarium catfish with any other species, prefers to live in flocks and in aquariums with sandy soil.
- Redtail Aquarium Catfish also applies to ornamental species. It is this species that grows by leaps and bounds. And while growing fish to a very impressive size. Therefore it is worth keeping them young individuals. Most often, you can find this inhabitant at the bottom of the aquarium, where he prefers to rest.
- Aquarium catfish sucker got its name due to the unusual structure of the mouth. The correct name is ancytrus. These fish are also the orderlies of your aquarium, completely unpretentious. This is also the lovers of life at the bottom of the aquarium, peaceful and not get along except with cichlids. Cichlids will begin to gnaw the fins of the catfish and thereby harm them.
- Aquarium catfish orca a representative of the inhabitants of South Asia, in an aquarium will grow no longer than 12 cm. Such a fish needs space, therefore an aquarium of at least 100 liters is suitable for it. The aquarium catfish of this species prefers life in the midwaters, but activity occurs at night. This fish is important enough sorts of decorations and kryagi at the bottom.
- Tiger aquarium catfish also called tiger pseudoplastic. Planting these fish, be prepared for their fearful temper, sweeping away everything in its path. The fish will grow big, so it needs a large aquarium right away, so for an adult couple you need about 1000 liters. According to the sizes, it is desirable to lay the bottom with large stones or pebbles. If possible, don’t add to those types that look like shy people, as this will only increase fear.
- Catfish catfish already its name is of interest to any aquarist. They got their name for a cute and whiskered face. Unpretentious this type of food, but water quality plays an important role. Therefore, continuous filtration, aeration and water replacement are mandatory conditions.
- Striped aquarium catfish or the so-called singing catfish. Along the whole body of the fish are wide bright stripes of white and black flowers. This representative armor boasts incredibly durable armor in the form of bone growths on the body. In addition to their strength, these growths have small spikes, which gives the fish excellent protection.
- Spotted aquarium catfish or catfish cuckoo – representative of the inhabitants of Africa. The species got its name for a reason: a fish after throwing caviar does exactly the same thing as the well-known birdie. Fish are incredibly active and can chase each other for hours in the water.
- Shark aquarium catfish quite rightly got its name, as it looks like a killer whale, but only in miniature. Pangasius, the second name of the aquarium shark catfish, has a flat head shape, as well as two pairs of whiskers and fins, very reminiscent of sharks. The fish is quite nimble, while also very shy. For the maintenance of aquarium catfish you need an aquarium of at least 300 liters. It is very good if the bottom is decorated with a multitude of all kinds of snags and shelters for fish.
Basically, somas are peaceful, do not climb into a fight with other aquarium fish, sometimes there are conflicts among themselves.
It happens that even a stronger catfish starts to drive the weak, and, alas, kills him.
But this is extremely rare. Compatibility of catfish with other fish depends on the type of catfish.
By peace-loving, herbivorous need to pick up non-aggressive neighbors. And to predators – larger fish that can stand up for themselves.
The process of breeding in catfish is quite simple, and if you only live in the aquarium of the fish of this species, you can not even put them in a separate aquarium. Otherwise, for spawning somikov better to allocate a container of clean water with a capacity of 30 to 50 liters. Usually 3-4 males are left for one female.
It is very desirable that in the place where the spawning takes place, there is a lot of algae and soft soil.
If you want to push your pets to breeding, you need to change the water temperature within 17-25 ° C for several days and aerate the aquarium. Spawning usually occurs early in the morning.
When caviar is already set aside, you can leave the natural light or darken a little. One week after spawning, the female will be ready for a new spawning.
The fry develop quite quickly and almost immediately they can be fed with finely chopped bloodworms or “dust”.
Feeding catfish is very easy. They eat fish food, which lies at the bottom, thereby cleaning the bottom of the aquarium.
They eat almost everything: fish pieces, shrimp, pills, frozen food, flakes Well, since most catfishes are predators, they can eat small fish in the aquarium and take them as food.
Making a conclusion, we can say that catfish in an aquarium is a necessary fish. Unpretentious and does not require additional care, resistant to various diseases, and, well, very original and beautiful.
Having a catfish, your aquarium will always look unique, and you can always enjoy and enjoy the beauty of your pet.
In subsequent articles you can find the most necessary information about the maintenance of aquarium catfish, the types that interest you, a variety of aquarium catfish, feeding, care, as well as tables of compatibility of catfish with other inhabitants of the aquarium.
One can often hear from sellers of pet stores that small and large catfish purify the water in the aquarium and this is not necessary for the owner to do. Som-like, combing the soil at the bottom, really pick up all edible, partially cleaning the pollution.
By the way, this does not mean that the power of your pet should be allowed to drift.
It is also important to note that silted water is the habitat of these fish. But this also does not mean that it is possible not to clean the aquarium at all and only occasionally change the water.
Reinforced aeration of water is really not needed, and clean water and an aquarium are a guarantee of the health of your fish. If other fish also live in your house, they simply need cleanliness, and catfish will quickly get used to it and will not experience any inconvenience.
General information about catfish
All types of aquarium catfish, of which there are a huge number in nature, are surprisingly similar to each other in appearance. In aquariums alone, more than 1,200 thousand different waterfowl variations of this species live.
Otherwise, these fish are called sweepers, because they eat the remnants of half-eaten rotting food lying on the bottom.
And many amateurs acquire such “orderlies” precisely because of their accuracy. You can buy such curious items at any pet store.
These aquarium fish instead of scales have a plate cover consisting of bone tissue. This feature distinguishes them from other waterfowl. Somics mostly live at the bottom of glass reservoirs and actively behave only at night.
They feed on plant food, but sometimes they do not disdain to feast on the remnants “from the master’s bottom table.”
Catfish are very popular among aquarists, so the demand for them is very large. They buy shellflies for the reason that they: are peaceful enough; Feel great in water at a temperature of 18 ° + 25 ° C; adapted to hard water; feel confident with its average acidity with plus / minus deviations in different directions.
Nature has somik intestinal breathing. Looking out of the aquarium, they swallow air with their mouths, which are then processed into pure oxygen.
If the catfish often lingers at the surface of the water, then it is difficult for him to breathe. Medics of aquariums