maintenance, care, compatibility
How to calculate aquarium volume :: aquarium volume calculator :: Equipment and accessories
An aquarium in a house is not only very beautiful. It has been proven that observing the underwater life calms the nerves, improves mood and puts thoughts in order.
But in order that the underwater life not only looks harmonious, but also does not cause inconvenience to underwater inhabitants, it is necessary to create comfortable conditions for them, namely, to choose the right size. aquarium.
- calculator or the ability to count in the mind, aquarium scenery and soil, fish
1. First, think carefully about which fish you plan to place in the aquarium. It should not be very closely, otherwise internal wars are inevitable and, as a result, the death of tenants. And this is not what you want to put the aquarium.
Therefore, it is necessary to know how much internal space this or that individual requires. As a rule, a peaceful small fish of medium size (5-8 cm) requires 10-15 liters. Accordingly, the larger the fish and the more aggressive it is, the more space it needs to get along peacefully with its neighbors.
2. Decide which interior decorations you want to place, which plants in which soil you plant.
We must not forget that the scenery, plants and soil occupy a certain amount of internal space of the aquarium. The thickness of the soil layer depends on the size of its particles and ranges from 3 to 8 centimeters.
That is, the larger the particles, the thicker the soil should be in the aquarium. The background can also be voluminous (although more often it is not), so do not forget to take this into account.
3. Taking into account all the selected positions, calculate the volume of aquarium you need. As a rule, the volume is already indicated in the stores, and with the purchase you will know for sure whether this or that aquarium will suit you.
But if you do not know exactly the volume of this particular aquarium, it can be calculated by the formula. To do this, multiply the length, depth and height of the aquarium in centimeters.
We get the volume in centimeters cubic. This value must be multiplied by 0.001 to get liters.
By choosing the right aquarium, you can create a beautiful corner in your own home and ensure a joyful happy life for its inhabitants.
If you want to achieve perfect accuracy in calculations, it is worth remembering that the proportion of basalt crumb, quartz, river sand is different.
In the network there are a large number of links to various aquarium calculators online. They allow you to calculate the volume of your aquarium and the weight of the soil necessary for its proper functioning.
Sooner or later, many aquarists visit the idea of replacing their home pond with a more spacious one, or a more interesting and original one. There may be several options here: buy ready-made, order from a professional master or do it yourself.
For those who like to experiment and “work with their hands,” it is very important to think over everything in advance and calculate that the self-made aquarium will last a long time, and not fall apart every other day, creating a lot of problems for the owner. To help the craftsmen was created aquarium calculator.
Let’s understand what it is and why it is needed.
This indicator is in the first place for a reason. After determining the dimensions of the aquarium, the next step is to select the glass of the “correct” thickness.
- Too thin can not be: it will burst, the water will flood the neighbors, and all the fish will die.
- Too thick does not make sense either: it will make the structure heavier, reduce transparency and “hit the price”, because glass is about a third of the cost of an aquarium.
Yes, and the glasses themselves come in different brands and from various materials (acrylic, silicate, special hot, etc.). And for everyone there is a standard thickness.