Fans of aquarium fish often think about purchasing a fish feeder for fish. This is a very functional device, the reasons for its installation may be different: a long absence at home, lack of time or just convenience.
But the fact remains that it is a very convenient unit that you can not only buy at the pet store, but also do it yourself.
Prolonged absence of the house makes the owners of aquarium fish think about their automatic feeding.
All automatic feeders work according to the same principle – this is feeding of food in batches and at regular intervals. They are also united in their mechanics: food in certain portions is fed through a special opening or tube from the drum.
No exception and similar automatic feeders for aquarium fish.
After the food is fed to the pet, the drum is again filled with food, while the hole will be closed with a special curtain or valve. There are three types of such devices:
- car feeder for fish, which is fully automated and delivers feed through the opening mechanical flap;
- auger feeders, in which the supply of food is fully regulated by a special worm shaft;
- disk feeder in which food is distributed in compartments in the disk. The disk is spinning, and at certain intervals of time from these compartments, food for the fish is served in turn.
All these devices are united by one common mechanism – it is an electronic type control unit that can be powered both from ordinary batteries and from the network.
As a rule, all automatic feeders for fish are widely represented in any pet store. Each of them has its own dimensions, the volume of the feed tank, as well as the price.
The latter characteristic is influenced by the degree of automation of such an aggregate: the more electronic mechanisms it contains, the more expensive it will be to the buyer.
The most popular products are the four manufacturers – is Eheim Twin (Eheim Twin), Juel (Juwel), Hagen (Hagen) and Replast Shef (Replast Shef). Now about each more:
- Eheim Twin is a German manufacturer specializing in the production of fully automated, high-quality, elite accessories for aquariums and aquarium fish. Automatic feeder for fish in this case is no exception. The device of this company consists of two identical compartments with a volume of 160 ml, of which food for fish is served separately and at different times, both of which work independently of each other. This is the responsibility of a special program that can be customized individually. In addition, there is a mini-fan in this trough in case moisture gets into the feed compartments. The device itself is powered by four finger-type batteries, the service life of which is designed for four months. The price of such a feeder is the corresponding – not less than 7,000 rubles. Feeder weight – 600 gr.
- Hagen (Hagen) – this is another manufacturer from Germany, producing less bulky devices. The feeder of such a company weighs only 140 grams, the capacity for food has a volume of only 14 grams. This unit is good for feeding fry, it is fully automated to feed twice a day. Works only from two finger-type batteries.
- Juel (Juwel) – again a German company, but this time producing budget options for electric feeders. Such a device weighs 300 grams, it only takes two batteries to work, and also feeds fish twice a day. The volume of the food compartment here is 100 grams, experienced aquarists consider such a feeder ideal for people who are planning to go on a long trip.
- Replast Shef – this time a company from Italy, which operates on a screw principle, feeding fish food three times a day and even protecting it from entering the compartment of moist air. Such a unit will work for a long time with only two finger batteries.
Obviously, the choice in pet stores is always there. These manufacturers are not the only ones who produce products for aquariums.
On the shelves you can always find more simple and budget options.
If you liked the video – share with friends:
It seems to many that it is difficult and inexpedient to make a feeder for fish. However, it is not.
If you carefully think about the principle of operation of automatic devices from the store, you can understand that it is not at all difficult to do something similar at home. The main thing is to get the most common alarm clock. and a small box.
By the way, the box itself can be made independently from ordinary plastic.
So, in such a tank it is necessary to make a hole in the lid (in one of the corners) – this is how food will be fed to the aquarium. After that, the lid must be removed, and the partition itself should be glued into the box (it will separate the space with the hole made from the main one).
If you look at such a device from above, it will resemble a maze. Then in the center of the hull it is necessary to make a small round hole, where the stern compartment will be placed on the clock axis.
Make a feeder for fish you can do it yourself
Read more about the clockwork. Here, the top glass should be removed from the alarm clock and mounted on the clock axis: the feed chamber is attached to the shaft and also clockwise with scotch tape.
Then the position of the shooter is chosen so that the feed is fed exactly twice a day. Thus, until the hand of the clock passes a full circle, the feed will be fed to the aquarium.
This self-made device is quite suitable for those people who briefly leave the house (for a couple of days). It is important that the feeder was well fixed, and the battery in the clock was not old.
There is another way to make a feeder for fish on your own – to take an empty plastic bottle and a regular smartphone that nobody uses. Next is the following:
- the bottle is cut in half – the upper part remains with a cap;
- the lid must be screwed to the neck, but not completely, so that a small gap remains;
- food is poured into the bottle itself (if it starts to trickle through the gap in the cork – it doesn’t matter, it is only at first);
- A smartphone with a pre-set “vibrating alert” mode is placed directly in the feed;
- the bottle is firmly fixed above the aquarium;
- when a call is made to this smartphone, the feed under the action of vibrations will pour through the gap in the neck.
This method can look quite funny, however, it works, and the owners can dose the food themselves to the fish, being far from home.
As seen, Leaving an aquarium with fish for several days is not a problem at all.. For savvy owners, you can always find a way to make a simple feeder that will serve exactly as much as you need without requiring a cost.
For those who are accustomed to trusting professionals, there is always a great option affordable at any pet store.
If you liked the video – share with friends: