maintenance, care, compatibility
First of all, I would like to note that the design of the aquarium should take into account not only the interior of the room, but also certain features of its inhabitants. So, discus prefer the presence of pebbles as a soil and the presence of small koryag. Others need dense vegetation and live rock.
Therefore, we consider several ways to decorate a vessel designed for 200l.
This design is perfect for aquarists who want to recreate a piece of the sea landscape in their premises. In addition, the style of psevdomore is ideal for calm and peaceful fish.
So what do you need to do it? First of all, a pleasant and calm background is selected in the aquarium of 200 liters.
For this purpose, can come as a photo with corals, and drawings which depict water. After that, the turn comes to the choice of lighting.
For this purpose you can apply:
- neon lamp;
- cold light;
- standard light bulb.
Important! Many inhabitants of an aquarium, for example, discus or guar, react differently to the intensity of light.
It is recommended to decorate the bottom with stones. Tuff stones are best for this style.
You also can not forget about the indispensable attribute of such design as corals. Of course, you can use the design in the style of pseudo-sea and without stones, as shown in the photo, but then you can forget about creating such beautiful decorative designs as coral slides.
As for the fish, the predominantly peaceful and calm species are settled, as mentioned above. For example, discus, panaki, cichlids.
But before settling 200 liters of its future inhabitants into an aquarium, it is necessary to take into account the ratio equal to 7 liters per individual. This is necessary in order to avoid territorial overpopulation.
Aquarium: do-it-yourself design. Styles and design options aquarium
The most fascinating and laborious task for all of us in the process of installing and filling the aquarium tank is its correct and beautiful design in the same style with the design of the room.
To date, there are a huge number of accessories that can be placed in the aquarium. Making your own hands will allow you to recreate as precisely as possible the exact setting that you want to see there. Just do not forget that the main inhabitants of the aquarium are fish.
And they need the maximum amount of free space in order to be able to swim freely.
The main components that allow for the design of the aquarium (200 liters and all others) are:
- natural and artificial algae;
- various wooden elements;
- artificial decorative elements such as locks, chests, etc.
Aquarium decoration with the right background
Such a film can be attached to both the outer and the inner side of the back wall. If you want to get more saturated colors, then, of course, it is better to stick it from the inside.
Before applying the film, you must make sure that the surface of the inner wall of the back of the aquarium is completely dry (to avoid the appearance of pimples). Treat the purchased film around the perimeter with a special transparent silicone sealant, previously purchased at the pet store.
In no case do not use a conventional sealant, since the consequences of its use may be irreparable for aquatic inhabitants.
If you decide to stick the film inside the aquarium, then you should not feel sorry for the silicone: it is better to miss the film very carefully, especially its upper edge, to avoid the possibility of peeling it off. After fixing, wait until the material is completely dry, and only then fill the tank with water.
Registration of an aquarium by different types of plants: live or artificial
In the modern world, many of us suffer from stress. It is not surprising that there has always been a fashion for aquariums. Watching the fish, you can gradually calm down and leave at least for a moment from the cruel reality, put your thoughts in order.
Modern materials allow you to create the most bizarre pictures of the underwater world.
- Design small aquariums. People buy small tanks for various reasons. Sometimes a large aquarium does not allow the size of the room. Very often they are chosen by novice lovers, who only get acquainted with underwater inhabitants, and still do not risk to buy a large capacity. But you need to understand that a small aquarium can create big problems. The fact is that it heats up or cools faster, in a small body of water the less stable whole ecosystem. The simplest option is to design an aquarium without live plants (with artificial algae), it is suitable for an inexperienced aquarist. Try to do so that your glass house very quickly not overpopulated inhabitants. Do not make an aquapark out of many types of fish, better buy them in the same style, some of them are visually poorly combined with each other. For aquariums up to 50 liters, it is good to buy a schooling small fish – neons, guppies, endlers, cardinals (up to 50 pieces). Medium-sized fish can settle a smaller number of -20-30 pieces. Cichlid, guram, macropod – no more than 10-12 pieces.
- Round Aquarium Design. Such tanks usually make up to 25 liters, and a lot of fish in them can not fit. But they also need good lighting. It is better to purchase an aquarium with a ready-made high-quality lamp. The round shape and small size do not always allow to install all the necessary equipment, but it can easily be moved around the room if desired. Here, some species of fish will not feel very comfortable. The best option would be guppies, neons, males, most invertebrates.
- Stone Aquarium Design. The shape and size of these decorative elements depends on the taste of the owner and the volume of the container. Now on sale are artificial stones that imitate grottoes or underwater rocks. But cheap samples do not resemble natural formations. Do not forget about the inhabitants, covering the entire soil with stones, catfish and other fish love to rummage in the sand. Do not take bright samples – this may be a sign of the presence of an undesirable element in the stone. Marble with limestone, shells, sea – increase rigidity, it is better to take granite, basalt, or other rocks.
- Ship Aquarium Design. Pirate schooners and brigantines, torn gear, broken bottom, anchor in the sand – this picture brings romance. The main thing in this business is to maintain the scale so that your boat does not look unnatural, toy. A large shell or large algae leaves next to its body can spoil the impression. Although it is all about the personal taste of the aquarist.
- Goldfish Aquarium Design. They are quite tenacious creatures, but for them a small container is no longer suitable. It should be spacious enough – up to 20 liters per fish. Snags, stones and ceramics are suitable for interior decoration. Just make sure that they do not have sharp edges. Golden fish looks best against the background of lush, bright greens, but remember that they quickly eat the plants, turning your garden into a wasteland. Pick up algae with large hard “tasteless” leaves, you can use common Javanese moss.
- Design of a cichlid aquarium. Regardless of the type of these fish, the ground must be present inside. They love to dig here and prefer to breed offspring in pits arranged in secluded places. Cichlids love shelters where they hide from strong individuals or during spawning. Rocks, castles or stone corridors will be very useful here. So you can split a large aquarium into zones, if it contains a lot of fish.
- Design aquarium for discus. They also need a large tank. Buying an aquarium, expect that one adult requires 50 liters, and a small one – 20 liters. Discussions are fearful creatures, they very badly tolerate stress. Aquarium is better not to put near the aisle. Place it better against the wall opposite the window. Try to darken the back wall of the aquarium with a black background, placing a couple of fancy snags and several artificial plants on the bottom. This design option is considered the most successful and common.
Aquariums can be made of any shape and size. The main thing is that the external and internal design of the aquarium fit well into the interior of your office, city apartment, country house, in harmony with the surrounding interior.
Today it is easy to embody the design decisions of the internal and external design of turnkey aquariums. Modern studios offer the most unusual variations in the artistic design of hidden depths. However, if you wish, you can create your own design project, making a truly unique aquarium.
The design, realized with your own hands, will allow to realize any idea, making the created underwater world a basic element of the interior of the room.
It is best to keep aquarium fish for people who see it as a pleasant activity and rest, and not a hassle or problem. After all, it is not enough just to buy an aquarium and run inhabitants into it.
It is also important to be able to care for him so that he would not just like him, but deliver aesthetic pleasure.
The underwater world at home or in the office is a kind of living picture, it is a way to emphasize the individuality of the interior. Aqua design is an integral part of aquarism.
The special uniqueness of it guarantees its own vision of the design of the underwater world. Thinking over their artistic project, real aquarists approach it with all their hearts. Their main goal is to create an original landscape and a comfortable environment for the life of aquatic inhabitants.
Such artistic design allows the most harmonious pour into the interior of the room aquarium. The design, made by hand, allows you to embody the most incredible design options for compositions, from which it is simply impossible to tear your eyes off.
It can be fabulously beautiful sea, rocky scenes, mountain valleys, mangrove forests.
By virtue of your hectic imagination, you can create the most incredible decoration projects. However, they all require a clear concept – from their development to implementation.
First of all, you need to decide on the style of the aquarium and its features. It is also important to take into account the size of the aquarium and its shape, so that the chosen style would be appropriate for a particular area.
The selection of the internal filling of the aquarium and its appearance should harmoniously blend into the environment.
Fish are also of great importance. The design is developed for them, with the obligatory consideration of their habitat.
Compositions are depending on the type of fish. Many of them need shelters, without which they can die.
Some of them like to hide in a sandy bottom, some prefer small thickets. The role of shelters is perfectly performed by snags and grottoes.
These decorations with special lighting give a special charm and mystery to the underwater world. They allow you to create unique compositions and a real paradise for exotic inhabitants, a new habitat for which has become your aquarium.
Design, made by hand, makes it possible to implement any creative ideas, there would be a desire.
Thanks to the unusual beauty, modern aquariums can become a real gem of any interior. The variety of styles and forms is simply amazing.
Aquariums can be suspended, floor, built-in. Aquariums-dioramas create a stunning effect in the room, their form seems to contribute to immersion in the exciting water world. The handwritten version improves well-being and improves mood.
Today, even a dry aquarium is not uncommon. The design, realized with your own hands, allows you to give yourself an unusual creative concept of the sea landscape.
Many solutions can be created due to the incredible flight of creativity. It is definitely simple and incredibly interesting!
The scenery for the subject environment of the underwater world serves as a safe decoration for the aquarium. But the main component of the internal design is its thriving biosystem.
According to their purpose, aquariums are divided into decorative and special (spawning, selection, nursery, quarantine and others). The most popular of them are species and biotope.
Species aquarium will not only decorate the interior of the house, but also give a unique opportunity to observe a certain type of fish or their closely related species. Its inhabitants have a significant impact on the design of the aquarium.
It’s not difficult at all to do it yourself, but before embodying the idea, you should seriously familiarize yourself with the habits of selected fish in their natural habitat.
Biotope aquariums reproduce the imitation of a natural biotope with a characteristic type of fish, plants, and certain parameters of their habitat.
Many people today are keen on breeding marine fish. Preparing a biological environment for them is more difficult, especially with the use of living corals that are quite demanding on water parameters. But experienced naturalists are quite able to create such an aquarium design with their own hands.
200 liters is the optimal average volume for enjoying the contemplation of the underwater sea. It should not be overpopulated with living beings, since a limited life support system operates in such a reservoir.
Design a marine aquarium is necessary taking into account its type, which not least depends on the inhabitants. These can be predators (sharks, rays, moray eels), non-predatory fish (zebrasomes, angelfish and other species) or corals and invertebrate sea anemones.
Predatory fish are considered the most unpretentious; invertebrates are more difficult to care for and may die from minor deviations in chemical indicators of water.
For the livelihood of such aquariums is to purchase expensive equipment. It will need to be decoded, it is worth considering when developing the design of the aquarium with your own hands.
The photo shows how you can successfully hide all the wires, hoses and tubes, making out the background with picturesque coral reefs, rocks and shelters for fish in the form of mysterious grottoes and caves.
In an aquarium, it is important not only to think over the internal design and pick up the fish and plants, but also to complete the complete impression of the aqua design using the background. Decorating the back wall of the aquarium will allow him to create the look of a real corner of wildlife.
Non-volumetric ways to design the background of the aquarium
The easiest way is to paint the outer side of the back wall with a paint of the chosen color: blue, dark green, black, or brown-beige. Monochrome backgrounds are used by amateurs who want to pay attention to the beauty of fish, plants and interior decor.
The black background is most often used for an aquarium when decorating the back wall in solid colors. With such a background, the viewer’s attention is focused on fish and plants, the details of stones, snags are visually highlighted. Black color creates depth, and the interior of the aquarium looks more natural.
Juicy green algae and bright colors of fish on a black background look just great.
Blue or green background color adds brightness and creates a depth effect, often used to decorate saltwater aquariums. All types of fish on this background will look very beautiful.
On the modern market offers a large number of backgrounds made of film. It can be monophonic or with original images (views of the seabed, underwater landscapes, algae, fish). Background film is attached to the outer side of the back wall with a special glue to simulate underwater landscapes, rocks and marine plants in an aquarium.
The advantage of this design is that it can be easily replaced when it gets bored. They are very inexpensive and look pretty impressive.
Now on sale, embossed backgrounds have appeared that can give volume and make the underwater landscape more natural and realistic. Polyurethane structural backgrounds for an aquarium are attached to the back wall with silicone glue, imitate the natural habitat – stony and short-haired landscapes, corals and create a fascinating effect.
Relief (volumetric) flexible backgrounds from polyurethane will be the best effective decoration for a marine or freshwater aquarium. Such design maximally imitates natural elements – rocks, stones, snags, shells, unique underwater landscapes.
Polyurethane copies of natural elements do not differ from natural ones. Inside they are completely hollow and allow you to hide the internal communications of the aquarium.
A background with a 3d effect for an aquarium is created using an external dry glass box with backlight. Inside it creates an imitation of the sea or herbalist, highlighted by lamps.
Such a vessel is glued behind the aquarium, visible through the water column and gives a volumetric effect. 3d effect can be done inside the aquarium with colored foam, moss, stones.
Background for the aquarium, collected from various elements, is called decorative. This design is created using various decorations: moss, stones, bamboo, snags, shells, underwater castles, sunken ships, coral reefs.
They can also mask the aquarium equipment.
Which background is better to choose for the aquarium, each fan chooses himself, considering all their advantages and disadvantages. Film and painted monochromatic backgrounds are inexpensive, do not become dirty, and do not occupy space in the aquarium; they can, if desired, be painlessly replaced.
Volumetric backgrounds – the most beautiful, but not cheap solution. They become dirty and difficult to clean.
In any case, the aquarium will look spectacular, and the background will emphasize the beauty of the fish and the decoration of the home pond.
Will be required: dark-gray plate from rigid PVC by the size of the back wall of the aquarium, stones, snags, silicone rubber, a small knife.
- Place the plate on the table. Place stones on it and glue them with silicone rubber. Wait for hardening.
- Squeeze polyurethane foam on areas free of stones. Pre-soaked driftwood press into the foam and hold for a few minutes. Leave the construction for several hours until the foam cures.
- Remove excess foam with a knife, giving the background a more natural look.
- Plate miss the mark on the perimeter and glue to the back of the aquarium.
Will be required: foam concrete, silicone sealant, large flat stones or plexiglas plate.
Work sequence: from the foam to perform the reefs. Using a sealant, stick them to the stones or plate (so as not to emerge).
You can install the structures on the bottom of the back wall and press them down with a base or stick them on the back wall of the aquarium.
Create a dry diorama with backlight installed behind the aquarium. To do this, first make a box of plywood or cardboard with a depth of 5-10 cm.
Its inner surface is painted in dark color and decorated with snags, branches, bark, stones, etc. It depends only on the performer’s imagination. The cavity of the box is illuminated with small light bulbs.
pros such a structure: you can hide the equipment, it looks spectacular.
Minuses: its construction requires experience, it is difficult for a beginner to create a harmonious diorama. Also, the design accumulates dust inside that is difficult to clean.
In conclusion, I want to say that you should not underestimate the function of the background for the aquarium. The time and effort spent on this business will surely pay off. What it takes to take care in advance is about additional tanks for the inhabitants during the renovation of their main home.
If the installation of the background occurs before the launch of a new aquarium, then this problem is removed. On the Internet you can find a lot of detailed descriptions and workshops on how to install a ready-made background, and create your own unique one.
Dare, and all must succeed!
Useful video: the background for the aquarium foam with his own hands.
The main types are as follows:
External. The main reasons for the fact that it is most often found in aquariums: low price and high availability.
In addition, it does not deteriorate the appearance due to fouling algae.
Interior. It looks more natural, but when installing it there are a number of nuances that you should definitely take into account.
All materials must be non-toxic and do not affect the chemical composition of the water. Such a background is installed in the aquarium before pouring water and should be well attached to the glass to avoid its falling or the penetration of the fish behind it.
Both types can be bought or made by hand.
Its manufacturers promise non-toxic materials. There are different options for mounting it inside the aquarium:
- with the silicone glue included in the kit (as with Juwel),
- by pressing a layer of soil or stones to the back wall (as in Rochepierre).
Such design is expensive, and it often looks too prim and academic. The background most often has standard sizes. If the aquarium does not correspond to them (say, homemade), then it will be very difficult to choose an option.
This is what concerns flaws.
From the advantages of this background can be noted the ease of installation. Also, it does not look as primitive as the previous ones, and makes it possible to add volume to the contents of the aquarium.
For example, you can paint the back wall of the aquarium. This is not only the easiest, but also the cheapest way. It is better to choose dark monochromatic colors, such as black, brown, blue, green.
Paint can be taken oil or aerosol for the car body.
Pros: non-toxic because the painted surface does not come into contact with water.
Minuses: the background can be made only before installing the aquarium and then it can not be changed.
The third way is to set a decorative volumetric background. It imitates natural materials: stone, sand, plant roots, and more.
It is made of polymeric materials that are non-toxic and, unlike natural materials, do not affect the chemical composition of water, and also have a small weight.
It is installed along the back wall. But often it is placed on the bottom of the aquarium, pressed down with a primer, and plants are planted in the hollows.
The main disadvantages of the volumetric background include the following:
- It is difficult to clean and rinse. Behind the background, water can stagnate and rot organics, which will not add to the health of the fish. Yield: either glue as tightly as possible, or ensure good water circulation and regular extraction and washing of the background.
- It may grow algae.
- It takes a lot of useful space in the aquarium.
- Causes injury and death among fish. Pets can swim between the background and the glass. Exit: close all openings and openings with silicone glue.