maintenance, care, compatibility
Aquarium for beginners: care, content, useful video
The motivation for writing this article was the frequent appeal of newcomers to aquarism at FORUM FanFishka.ru. Almost every day, newly minted owners of the aquarium world ask their questions to which they either do not know the answers, or need advice, or have problems after the first launch of the aquarium.
All who asked for help on the forum, did not go unheeded! Even if the newcomer had gross or absurd mistakes, I never scolded him, and tried to explain what was what planned.
But, at some stage, I realized that I would not be enough for everyone and that I needed methodological material for beginners!
Looking at the already written materials from the site FanFishka.ru, I saw a sufficient number of articles – “about the first steps into the aquarium kingdom”. But, all of them were scattered and only mutually complementary.
After analyzing further similar materials on the Internet, my desire to write a decent, systematic material, only intensified!
For constructive conversation, let’s break down the article into sections:
1. AQUARIUM FOR BEGINNERS: arrangement, launch, frequent questions, problems.
2. FISHING AND PLANTS FOR BEGINNERS: what are the issues that are necessary, problems.
3. NUANS OF YOUNG AQUARIUM: rules that will help to avoid problems with the aquarium.
AQUARIUM FOR BEGINNERS
arrangement, launch, frequent questions, problems
To create an aquarium world, you need not only the aquarium itself, but also related products. Many beginners make the mistake of buying only the minimum part of the necessary equipment.
And then they begin to run in a hurry in search of a product.
Remember, as Captain Vrungel said: “How do you call a ship, so it will sail.” The first launch of the aquarium should be perfect – and this will be the key to the joy and pleasure from aquarium contemplation, eliminates possible problems and difficulties, and most importantly will give you invaluable experience.
In the future, you can miss something, lazy … but not now!
Below are links to articles in this section, in bold, priority articles are highlighted:
Running Aquarium from A to Z
An example of an aquarium design 100 liters
Which aquarium is better
WHAT NEED TO AQUARIUM
I WANT TO GO TO FISH: how to equip the first aquarium.
AQUARIUM BEGINNING: the basics of the aquarium, the basics of aquarium
FIRST AQUARIUM DAYS: Start the creation of the aquarium world of fish!
INVENTORY FOR AQUARIUM AND DEVICES
BOTTOM and GROUND of the AQUARIUM
CHANGE OF WATER IN THE AQUARIUM! WHAT WATER IS NEEDED FOR THE AQUARIUM?
Boiled thawed or distilled water for aquarium
Seashells in the aquarium
SMALL AQUARIUM merits and demerits!
LACK OF THE AQUARIUM, but are these fish really necessary?
AQUARIUM FOR CHILDREN
Other questions on the forum …
Here’s another, for convenience, as a reminder – I give a list of what ponabitsya for a novice aquarist:
– lighting, if not included;
– aquatic organisms: fish, plants, mollusks, etc .;
– food for prospective fish;
– inventory: net, siphon, aquarium silicone, sponges, buckets. Secondary – hoses, valves, windshield wipers, other;
Plus, I recommend to all beginners to buy immediately a means to stabilize the aquarium water. It is called the water stabilizer. Different brands have different names, here are some of them: Tetra Aqua Safe, Sera aquatan, Sera bio nitrivec … others.
Read about them here AQUARIUM CHEMISTRY.
The above articles fully disclose all the nuances of buying, installing and running an aquarium. Below are the blitz answers to the most frequent questions of novice aquarists.
one. Question: Is it possible to put the aquarium on the furniture? In the kitchen?
Bath and so on?
Answer: Can. It is important that the surface of the furniture was solid and withstand the weight of the aquarium with water, soil and decorations.
The aquarium can be placed anywhere, as long as direct sunlight does not fall on it. Cooking, bathing does not interfere with the life of the fish.
2 Question: After the launch of the aquarium, the water turned cloudy – became whitish!?
Answer: Nothing wrong with that. When you first fill the aquarium with water for the first time, the reservoir’s biobalance is not yet tuned, because This is a long process. Primary adaptation processes of aquarium water occur.
The whiteness of the water will pass itself in 3-7 days.
3 Question: What kind of water to pour into the aquarium? How often should it be changed?
Answer: It is necessary to fill in at least a day separated water. Otherwise, you can run into trouble, for example, gas embolus.
Yes … you can fill the aquarium with tap water – but, counting on it at random.
The substitution of aquarium water is purely individual and depends on the size of the aquarium, the number of fish and plants, and other factors. In general, it is customary to replace water once a week.
But, as the poll on our site shows, this is not a dogma.
“How often do you change aquarium water to fresh water?”
four. Question: Is it possible to decorate an aquarium with statuettes, shells, beads, etc.
Answer: Can. But, you must make sure that the material from which the decor is made is not soluble in water. The same shells undergo a gradual dissolution in aquarium water, which increases, albeit slightly, the rigidity of aquarium water.
Painted, plastic items are best not to use. Metal – are prohibited.
FISHING AND PLANTS FOR BEGINNERS
what is necessary, issues issues
Giving advice on choosing fish for a novice aquarist, you can immediately get rid of him with the phrase: “Choose unpretentious in the content, small fish, for example, from the family of petsilievi – guppies, swordtails, radishes, etc.”.
But who thought it up that it is impossible to immediately start large, beautiful fish – the same tsikhlazom: severum, diamond or black-striped? If you properly care for them, then there will be no problems.
And if you do not follow the aquarium and let everything go to chance, then the guppies will die in a week.
Perhaps the main qualification when choosing aquarium fish are your abilities and desires.
The opposite situation is with aquarium plants. It’s not so simple. The success of plant maintenance is LIGHT + SUPPLY + CO2.
Their deficiency leads to the death or poor health of plants.
Unfortunately, in the aquarium covers that come with, as a rule, there are 15-18 watt light bulbs, the power of which is insufficient for the normal existence of aquarium plants. Therefore, before you start a plant you need to study everything and prepare in advance.
The initial way out of this situation may be unpretentious, resistant aquarium plants that are not pretentious to the conditions of detention.
Below are the articles that fully and comprehensively disclose this section.
Aquarium Fish Compatibility
COMPATIBILITY OF GOLDEN FISHES
ALL about AQUARIUM FISHES
TOP: The most beautiful aquarium fish and fish!
The most unpretentious little aquarium fish
WHAT FISHES LIVE WITHOUT OXYGEN
What fish live in the aquarium. What kind of fish to get?
AQUARIUM FISHING OF ALL FLOWERS
Purchasing Transplant Fish Transportation
AQUARIUM PLANTS: let’s talk about the benefits of plants for your aquarium!
CO2 for aquarium
The benefits and dangers of CO2 in an aquarium
Why in the aquarium …
YOU CAN AQUARIUM: all the answers
Fish and snails: enemies or friends!
How much are the fish or the price of aquarium fish!
How much can the fish in the aquarium
Perhaps the most important thing when choosing fish is to take into account their compatibility and the volume of “living space”. Do not chase the quantity!
Frequently asked questions by novice aquarists in this section:
one. Question: Did the fishes get covered with white dots, bumps?
Answer: This is ichthyophthiriosis or “semolina” fish. It is treated with Tetra Contral or Sera Kostapur. Read more here:
Ichthyotiria how to treat semolina in aquarium fish
Discussion on the forum
2 Question: Fish die, why, what to do?
Why die fish or the sad fate of goldfish!
The first symptoms of fish disease
WHAT TO DO IF FISHES ARE DISEASE OR SUSTAINABLE
We also recommend you to see the colorful brochure. Popular types of aquarium fish. This brochure contains all the popular types of fish, with a description of their conditions of maintenance, compatibility, feeding + photos.
(to view or download, click on the image)
NUANS OF YOUNG AQUARIUM
rules that will help to avoid problems with the aquarium
DON’T BELIEVE SELLERS.
Unfortunately, they have such a job – to smell you as much as possible. Often the sellers’ advice is wrong and aimed only at one greedy enrichment at your expense.
READ, LEARN, ASK QUESTIONS.
Actually this rule follows from the previous one – it is your weapon in the fight against lies. Your own opinion based on what you read is the key to success not only in aquarism.
Read several materials on the topic of interest, for comparison and analysis.
DO NOT HURRY, AND THEN SUCCEED.
Do not rush, do everything thoroughly. It is impossible to get ahead of time – everything that was done in a hurry will collapse soon.
DO NOT OVERDO IT.
Feed the fish once a day, “do not rub” the aquarium daily, do not fill the aquarium with fish and plants. In fact: aeration, filtration, normal water temperature and feed – these are the basic living conditions of the fish.
STUDY AND USE AQUARIUM CHEMISTRY.
This will give you the opportunity to quickly adjust the bio balance of the aquarium, to keep it clean, and in the case of illness of pets – to take action on time.
BONUS: VIDEO FOR BEGINNERS AQUARIUS ”
During cleaning it is necessary to turn off electrical equipment. Only an external canister filter can be left on if its water intake hose is low enough and remains below the water level.
As for the internal filter, if the cleaning is ordinary and does not take long, it can be left in the aquarium in the off state. If the cleaning is large, general, cleaning all the decorations, weeding and transplanting plants, draining a significant part of the water, the internal filter is placed in the drained aquarium water and turned on so that the bacteria colony does not die.
At the time of cleaning the fish are usually not evicted from the aquarium.
First proceed to clean the glass. To do this, you can use different devices, each of which has its advantages and disadvantages:
- Long-handled scraper with permanent or replaceable metal razor blades. A very effective thing, but not suitable for cleaning Plexiglas aquariums, as it can scratch them. When choosing such a scraper, you need to pay attention to the strength of the handle (if it is too flexible, you will not succeed with the necessary force and at the right angle to press on the glass). In addition, the metal blade should not be longer than the plastic cover and stick out of it on the sides, as in this case, when cleaning around the corners, you can damage the silicone joints of the aquarium.
- Magnetic scraper is extremely handy when cleaning large and deep containers. Suitable for cleaning plexiglass. When choosing, it is necessary to take into account what thickness of glass the scraper is designed for, otherwise the power of the magnet may be insufficient and the scraper simply will not attract. Using this device, you must be very careful when cleaning the glass near the bottom, so that there is no pebble or grain of sand between the scraper and the glass. They will leave deep and visible scratches on the glass. Usual household sponge washcloth. Many aquarists use just such, but they are made from materials of different stiffness, and some are completely capable of leaving scratches on aquarium glass, which individually are almost invisible, but over time make the glass all the more cloudy.
- The usual bank plastic card has perfectly proved as a scraper. It does not spoil the glass, and its only drawback is the lack of a handle and, accordingly, some inconvenience of use.
Green algae, torn off from the surface by a scraper, if there are not too many of them, can be left out of the aquarium, and left in the water, the fish usually eat them instantly and with great pleasure.
Some aquarists recommend that the rear window of an aquarium should not be cleaned of algae, as it is usually almost completely hidden by decorations and plants, and the algal plaque usually does not spoil the appearance of the pond, and nitrates and nitrites from the water slowly consume. And if you lead several algae fish, then the raid will not remain either on the rear window or on the viewing window.
Now, when our glass is clean, it is the turn of the ground.
Buying an aquarium is the very first step towards creating a living corner.
- The shape and size of the device is very important. A good aquarium does not interfere at home and guarantees comfort. In addition, he must ensure the normal existence of the fish.
- When buying it is necessary to take into account that in large tanks the water stays clean longer. Care for a large aquarium is required less frequently.
- Aquarium should be selected according to the size and number of fish. If you want to contemplate large fish, then you need to make a big house for them.
- Landscaping aquarium also requires a thoughtful approach. It is possible to decorate a house reservoir with soil, algae, stones and various figures.
- The shape of the aquarium should provide convenient cleaning.
Caring for fish in an aquarium includes the following regular activities:
- keeping the aquarium clean;
- timely partial renewal of water (in a small aquarium – once a week, in a large one – once a month);
- the inner surface of the aquarium should be cleaned with a special scraper;
- the ground must be in good condition.
These are the basic principles of fish care in an aquarium. Water quality is important.
In the course of their life, the fish emit harmful substances. Some of them recycle plants.
But a surplus of bad components still accumulates. Therefore, the rules of care for the aquarium must be observed.
Fresh water for fish requires prior preparation:
- it must have the same hardness and temperature as the water in the aquarium;
- it must first be defended and filtered to remove chlorine from the water supply. Instead of settling, you can use special conditioners (for example, AQUAYER AntiToxin Vita);
- regular maintenance of water in the aquarium ensures the creation of a favorable environment for fish;
- water must be saturated with oxygen.
On the Internet there are a huge number of articles on the launch of the aquarium. Our site also has similar articles telling about installing an aquarium, about starting a large aquarium, about starting aquarium novice, and about the first month of life aquarium.
These materials, of course, are useful, however, have a narrowly focused character. In this connection, there is a need to write a full-scale material that would serve as a guide for action for beginners.
Let’s first determine the goals and objectives, stages of the launch of the aquarium, as well as the base equipment and the aquarium chemistry that will be needed.
The main goal is to show a novice aquarist that “that aquarium features are not scary as he is painted”! Additional, but equally important goals:
– Show that a beautiful aquarium with plants is in the teeth for everyone! What to create and maintain it is easy.
– Give step by step instructions.
– Make recommendations on the use of aquarium products and aquarium equipment.
– Teach a novice to “see your aquarium” and develop an unconventional way of aquarium thinking.
– Create a beautiful herbal aquarium.
– Show the dynamics of the development of the aquarium: one month, three months, six months.
– When arranging an aquarium, use the maximum possible palette of aquarium plants, which will provide an opportunity to see the development of a single plant and its reaction to one or another action.
– In spite of the abundance of plants that will be used, to show the basics of an aquascap – the basics of hardskape, the rules for using koryag and stones when building an aquarium composition.
– Show the procedure, the basics of care for the aquarium, as well as give a workshop on the use of aquarium preparations at start-up and the subsequent life of the aquarium with live plants.
– Coverage of related issues, nuances and tricks.
Equipment to be used in the review
Aquarian complex Tetra AquaArt Discover Line 60L;
External filter Tetra EX 600 Plus;
Curbstone for aquarium Tetra AquaArt 60l;
Tetra SafeStart, Tetra AquaSafe, Tetra EasyBalance
Fertilizer line for aquarium plants from the company Tetra
+Tetra Balance Balls
Installation of the aquarium:
– choosing a place for an aquarium;
– installation and installation of aquarium cabinets;
– laying of an aquarium substrate and soil;
– Hardscape bases (placement of stones and snags);
– planting plants (basics aquascape);
– use of starting chemistry;
– peculiarities of the maintenance of the aquarium with plants nuances and tricks;
Care of the aquarium after launch:
– correct adjustment of biological equilibrium;
– care for the aquarium in the first month;
– use of fertilizers for plants;
– Aquarium lighting (daylight mode);
– temperature conditions for the aquarium;
INSTALLATION OF AQUARIUM
This stage is quite simple and clear, however, a number of beginners make fatal mistakes at the very early stage of creating an aquarium world.
Below, let’s look at the rules for installing an aquarium:
– The aquarium is installed in an area where direct sunlight does not fall;
– The aquarium is installed away from the aisles and doors. The best place is a corner of the room or a niche.
– Aquarium should not be placed on fragile surfaces.
– The aquarium should not be installed near the central heating radiators, near other heating appliances, in close proximity to household appliances, as well as on the window sill.
– The aquarium is installed taking into account the convenient placement of power outlets.
– Aquarium aesthetically and comfortably looks on a specialized tank cabinet.
Educational film about the launch of the aquarium for beginners
And so we chose the place. Getting to the immediate installation of the aquarium.
In this review, we used a tank stand for an aquarium. Tetra AquaArt 60l. white color. This cabinet was delivered in durable, branded packaging and despite the fact that it was delivered by a transport company from Moscow, all its component parts, including the glass door, were safe and sound.
The cabinet itself is standard, with two shelves and a specially designed rear wall design for convenient supply of aquarium equipment. The bollard is easy to assemble. The complete set of accessories is included in the package.
And what is especially pleased: the kit included the necessary furniture key. Probably, many of our readers were faced with the problem of lack of keys when buying furniture, which forced us to run around the hardware stores in search of the right hex key.
In this case, there was no such problem; the pedestal was assembled in 20 minutes.
The next step is to install the tube on the selected place.
nightstand tetra nightstand tetra
IMPORTANT. Any tuba, any surface on which the aquarium will stand, must be leveled with a building level. The larger the volume of the aquarium, the more carefully you need to approach this issue.
Any deviation of the aquarium from the horizontal is fraught with uneven load on one or another wall of the aquarium.
It should also be noted that the aquarium tube should not be installed close to the walls. It is necessary to observe the indents for convenient supply of cords and hoses to the aquarium.
Installing an aquarium. In this review we will install the aquarium complex Tetra AquaArt Discover Line 60L. This complex includes all the necessary equipment that is needed to start the aquarium:
– pan for aquarium;
– convenient aquarium cover;
– lighting + reflector;
– internal filter mounted;
– he aquarium 60l. net volume;
– and also two bottles of starting chemistry (TetraAquaSafe, EasyBalance) + TetraMin feed.
Of course, all these components can be purchased separately. In this case, the company Tetra relieves the novice from a difficult choice of aquarium equipment – everything is ready to launch!
The order of installation of the aquarium:
installation of an aquarium
installation of an aquarium
– It is necessary to unpack the aquarium. Remove the lid.
Remove all components of the complex.
– Check the walls and edges of the aquarium for cracks and chips that may have occurred during transportation of the aquarium from the store to the house.
– Further, if necessary, you need to paste the background. If a film is used as a background, the easiest way to fasten is to secure it with transparent tape to the outer rear wall of the aquarium. Note that the film must be mounted on a dry surface.
The film is attached with tape on all sides! This will save you from distorting the background image caused by moisture between the glass and the background.
Additionally, see the article – How to glue aquarium background?
how to glue the background of the aquarium how to glue the background of the aquarium
– Install the aquarium on the cabinet. The bottom of the aquarium should be completely on the surface of the bollard.
After that, we check once again with the construction level whether the aquarium is exactly installed.
LAUNCH OF AQUARIUM
After the preparatory activities, the most enjoyable stage begins – the launch of the aquarium.
Laying aquarium substrate and soil.
A beginner aquarist needs to take the issue of laying the substrate and the soil very seriously. After all, they play a crucial role in the life of plants and the aquarium as a whole.
The substrate of the aquarium bottom is also a source of food for plants and a natural biological filter in which colonies of beneficial bacteria of nitrifiers settle.
The choice of substrate and soil is specific, individual and depends on many factors. It is impossible to give a clear recommendation.
Each aquarist, on the basis of his own requests, must personally determine for himself what kind of substrate, what kind of soil he will need in a particular case. Below, we will try to highlight those aspects that the newcomer must pay attention to:
1. It is necessary to distinguish the substrate for the aquarium from the aquarium soil. The substrate is a nutrient substrate that contains the necessary nutrients that the plant incorporates through the root system.
Soil is a substrate that may also contain useful elements, but its main function is to cover the aquarium bottom.
2. Nutrient substrate is used only under the root system of aquarium plants. It should not be laid on the entire surface of the aquarium bottom, if the plants, say, are only located in the corner, in this case, the substrate is placed only in the corner.
Or, for example, if you have a small number of 5-10 plants, you can and even need to do without a substrate.
Often in the aquarium forums you can see the following dialogue:
“Newbie: I applied such a substrate, planted 5t plants.
The answer is offline: Vanguyu you algal flash and greening aquarium. Since the substrate in the first month will be very fonit “.
What does it mean? All aquarian substrates are a nutrient substrate, in simple language it is “earth, black soil”.
The compositions of the substrates are different and the concentration of fertilizers in them is different.
From this, we can conclude that before you buy a substrate you need to clearly understand what exactly will be in your tank. If we put a substrate in the aquarium and at the same time do not plant the aquarium with a sufficient number of plants, the substrate will “fade”, that is, it will donate nutrients to an empty one, which will cause an outbreak of algae – the lower aquarium world.
3. If a small number of plants are used in the design of an aquarium, it is possible to feed them through the root system without a substrate. For example, placing pills under the roots of plants Tetra PlantaStartand Tetra crypto.
It will be quite enough for plants.
4. Ground for aquarium plants should be light, porous, it must be checked for “hissing”. See the article for more details. soil and nutritional substrate for aquarium plants.
In this article we will use the substrate Tetra CompleteSubstrate. In our opinion, this substrate is optimal for a novice aquarist.
It is balanced, contains all the necessary world elements and at the same time will save the novice from excessive concentration of fertilizers in the aquarium.
In addition, this substrate company Tetra, unlike others, can always be found in any city, in any pet store.
So, open the bucket, pour out the substrate and evenly, using a ruler or a construction spatula, distribute it along the bottom of the aquarium. Please note: if the substrate is distributed over all areas of the aquarium, you should try to distribute it so that the thickness of the substrate is minimal at the front wall of the aquarium (1-2 cm), and at the back wall of the aquarium, on the contrary, more.
This is done, firstly, in order to visually add volume to the aquarium, and, secondly, as a rule, plants are not planted in the foreground (except for ground cover plants).
After the substrate is laid, you can additionally make a layer of drugs that will “strengthen” it and / or make the aquarium substrate more “attractive” for colonies of nitrifying bacteria:
– crumble a few tablets Tetra PlantaStart and evenly scatter them along the bottom, reinforcing the substrate;
– spread the granules Tetra InitialSticks;
– apply granules Tetra NitrateMinus Pearls;
– sprinkle the required number of capsules Tetra bactozym.
– you can even use baby tourmaline.
At the same time, we draw the reader’s attention to the individuality of each aquarium. All of the above drugs can be used both together and separately.
For example, when launching an aquarium in this review, we did not use Tetra NitrateMinus Pearl because in the future we will use the new Tetra Balance Balls. We also took into account the fact that nitrate (NO3), although it is poison and the last link in the chain of the nitrogen cycle, at the same time, NO3 is an important macro-fertilizer for plants. We also did not use Tetra InitialSticks, this was done intentionally, firstly, in order to protect ourselves from possible excessive concentration of fertilizers in the first month, secondly, it was decided to use Tetra PlantaStart and Tetra Crypto to feed the plants, through root system and, thirdly, we will use liquid fertilizers Tetra plantamin, Tetra PlantaPro Macro, Tetra PlantaPro Micro, and Tetra CO2 plus.
Thus, by such actions we push the care of our aquarium with a herbalist to a more complex, but at the same time more “advanced level” – translating it “into manual mode” when we ourselves, based on the behavior of the aquarium, will adjust: increase or decrease the concentration this or that fertilizer.
Before laying the ground, we only scattered Tetra Bactozym capsules. A detailed description of this drug you can read by clicking on the link that was given above.
Here we briefly say that Tetra Baktozym is a drug that promotes the rapid growth of beneficial nitrifying bacteria, the drug creates an invisible film that is “settled” and which bacteria feed on. Having scattered the Tetra Bakozim capsules on the substrate, we kindly politely invite the beneficial bacteria to move into the soil as quickly as possible.
We proceed to the next stage – laying ground. It is carried out according to the same rules as for the substrate (the thickness of the front wall is less).
Let’s pay attention only to the fact that not every soil is suitable for plants. Aquarium soil should meet the following criteria:
1. It should be easy – it will contribute to the good development of the root system of plants.
2. Must be sloping – this will negate the possible formation of oxygen-free zones and levels the likelihood of acidification of the soil and the substrate.
3. Must be porous – this will contribute to the development of a larger population of beneficial bacteria in the soil.
4. Soil should not “hiss.”
All of the above requirements are met by the ground. Tetra Active Substrate. This soil is a novelty in the line of Tetra products and preparations for aquarium plants.
That is why we will use it and test it in practice.
The basics of hardskape – placing stones and snags.
Harscape is the skeleton of an aquarium design, manipulating decorative elements until the aquarium is filled with water. See the article for more details. Hardscape in Aquarium Design.
Any aquarium is a corner of nature, a microcosm that lives according to the laws and rules of Mother Nature. The harmony of the world is embodied in everything that we see in every bush and every branch.
An aquarist must learn to see the beautiful, to borrow from nature its rules and laws.
On our site there are wonderful articles that will help you take the first steps in the world of harmony, we strongly recommend that you read them:
AQUARIUM DESIGN, ORDER IN CHAOS!
TAKASHI AMANO: PHOTO, CONCEPT, BIOGRAPHY
In this review, we used diabase as stones, and also used an intricate snag as the main design element and surface for growing moss.
It is necessary to pay attention of the reader that stones, in the same way, as well as soil should be checked for “hissing” – they should not increase hardness of water. Diabase is a mountain volcanic rock and in different areas the chemical composition of this stone is different – one diabase “hisses”, the other is not.
Be sure to try to check the “stone decor” vinegar on hiss. Hissing stones, hissing soil can only be used in aquariums where there are no plants, and for fish that love hard water, such are most African cichlids.
In a question of use of kryag, there are also nuances! Details about them are described in our form branch – Snags in an aquarium: how to prepare, soak, boil, dry, sanitize.
Here we note that you should not use the first log in the aquarium. Take a closer look, choose a snag, think about how it will look in an aquarium, how it will be combined as a whole in an aquarium composition.
Also, before the embodiment of the design idea, we recommend that you make sketches of the desired (at least schematically) – this will greatly facilitate the realization of the idea.
Planting plants in the aquarium.
In this review, we intentionally used an incredible number of different plants:
Hemianthus Monte Carlo;
Ludwig ordinary palustris;
Alternater Colorate Ed;
Moss Flame (Flamemoss);
Queen moss / S.P .;
Java moss and others.
Such an abundance of plants justifies the use of the substrate and will allow us to show the reader that the cultivation of any, even the most fastidious plant is not such a difficult task. In the future, the list and the number of plants will be adjusted.
Below are the general rules of planting plants: