Without exception, all aquarium lovers are engaged in the cultivation of special plants. There are many.
Such a plant as echinodorus is not the last place in popularity due to the ease of breeding, content and ability to get used to the existing conditions of temperature.
It is not at all difficult to contain a plant, if one does not take into account some particularly thermophilic species, which in cold and soft water begin to wilt and lose leaves.
For planting you need to prepare a clean soil with the addition of fine-grained substrate – sand or pebbles. Siphon soil is possible only for the purpose of cleaning out organic matter.
The plant prefers and develops better in pure water, without hitting direct rays of light. Installation of the filter and devices for aeration are required. Once a week it is necessary to substitute water for fresh, and saturate it with additional carbon dioxide.
Some types of shrubs respond well to fertilizer with sludge or fertilizers with iron, but with organic and chemical substances for fertilizer you can not overdo it. They can be used only in the case of excessive growth of the shrub.
If you liked the video – share with friends:
- Amazonian Echinodorus is an aquarium plant that grows up to 40 cm and forms a thick rosette of narrow leaves of bright green color. Amazonian ekhinodorus unpretentious in the care and maintenance, does not respond to changes in hardness or acidity reaction in water. Amazonian Echinodorus is very easy to maintain, so it is often recommended to plant it for beginners. For successful growth requires a weekly replacement of the fifth part of the water in the aquarium. Because of its rather large size, Amazonian Echinodorus feels better in a large aquarium, and when kept in a small container, its leaves begin to creep along the water.
- Echinodorus mottled – water shrub, which forms rosettes of petiole. Echinodorus speckled grows up to 25 cm. Its leaves are ovate green in color with a pointed tip and a heart-shaped base with several veins. There are underwater and flood leaves. Echinodorus speckled sometimes forms a peduncle with a circular cross section, which sucks all the forces from the plant, and it begins to wither. It is better to remove this flower stalk in time.
- Echinodorus horizontal is a popular plant for aquariums, reaching 25 cm in height with leaves of a heart-shaped light green color, which differ from similar types in growth at an equal right angle in relation to shanks. It turns out that echinodorus horizontal has leaves that are located parallel to the ground. If the aquarium has echinodorus horizontal, then the temperature can be changed from 22 to 28 degrees. In the autumn and spring, the growth rate of the shrub decreases, so about one and a half months should maintain the water level in the region of 20 degrees.
- Echinodorus narrow-leaved – rosette aquarium shrub, which quickly grows and begins to let a mustache, has a ribbon-like underwater leaves of a light green shade. Echinodorus narrow-leaved can grow up to 60 cm. The plant feels great in the aquarium due to the presence of a mustache. They allow him to adapt well to any parameters of water, but he prefers bright lighting. Echinodorus narrow-leaved normally transfers temperature changes in water even with a large range of oscillations. The plant develops in both temperate and tropical aquariums. It is better to make water of medium hardness, but in soft water the narrow-leaved Echinodorus feels great. Stable growth will occur only in an aquarium with normal acidity.
- Echinodorus vertical – aquarium shrub up to 20 cm in height, has a short stem and a dense rosette of leaves of bright green color oval. It is usually placed in the foreground, regardless of the depth and capacity of the aquarium.
- Echinodorus small bear – a rather squat species, which is a hybrid. It forms many leaves and has a squat rosette up to 15 – 25 cm in diameter. Young shrubs of a ruby saturated shade, but their brightness weakens over time.
- Echinodorus Florence is one of the largest types with powerful roots, from which up to 40 cuttings depart – they are short with narrow tape leaves up to 40 cm long. Echinodorus Florence has young leaves of red shade, and as they grow they become olive. Echinodorus Florence is considered to be a capricious shrub for which the organization and maintenance of the following conditions is important:
- soil more than 5 cm thick;
- bright light;
- the duration of daylight hours is not more than 10 hours;
- introduction of root and foliar bait;
- carbon dioxide supply.
- Echinodorus ocelot green (green) – different beautiful wavy leaves with lots of dark spots that contrast with the green background of leaves.
- Ekhinodorus python – not only attractive, but also the most enduring shrub of all similar. Thanks to this, its content is even for beginners. An adult bush has a dense rosette with leaves, up to 50 cm in height. The leaves of young plants are light cherry in color, and over time they turn pale brown, and specks, on the contrary, darken.
- Echinodorus region hildebrant – a small echinodorus, growing up to 25 cm. Regina Hildebrant has a bright red-brown color, and the leaves have an interesting, memorable, wavy shape. Echinodorus region hildebrant, as a rule, breeds peduncle, where young plants form a bright shade. Such children can be removed from the peduncle after regrowth of 10 or more roots. Sometimes the echinodorus region hildebrant multiplies by forming young bushes from long-dormant buds. At present, the Ekhinodorus region Hildebrant is rapidly gaining popularity, and finding and purchasing it is not as difficult as before. The plant is not demanding to the conditions, but responds well to the supply of carbon dioxide. Also echinodorus region hildebrant will grow better in water of soft or medium hardness.
- Echinodorus Mercedes – a species with a very short stem, which is modified in the rhizome. Differs in an attractive rosette of leaves. The leaflet plate is lanceolate, slightly wavy, about 15 cm in length and 5 cm in width, has a pointed end. Only the leaves that appear have a red color, and then they darken, but do not change the shade, in old plants the leaves are olive.
- Echinodorus small-color tropic – its distinguishing feature is the saturated color and corrugation of the leaves. The rosette of the plant is compact, and the maximum height reaches 25 cm. Planting this bush is better in the foreground because of its small size and attractive appearance.
- Echinodorus small-color parviflorus – shrub for aquariums with a short stem and rosette of leaves without petioles. Its height is about 40 cm. Some of these plants can have up to 40 leaves. The size of the leaf plate and its shape depends on the length of daylight in the aquarium. If the light penetrates there for more than 12 hours, then the leaves are linear with a pointed top of a light green shade.
- Echinodorus gentle or tenellus – got this name due to appearance. His thicket looks like a pleasant to the touch fluffy carpet. The leaves are lanceolate, tapering to the bottom and form a rosette. If there is enough light in the aquarium, then the plate acquires an emerald hue.
- Echinodorus sinusoid – this species is different because of its beauty, is an ornamental plant. It is included in the group of Ekhinodorus Igor Filippov. According to its characteristics, the name Echinodus sinusoid is fully justified by its appearance. Part of the sheet bends in the likeness of the shape of a sinusoidal graphic. The color is also unique, echinodorus changes the range of colors as it grows. Sinusoids can reach 30 cm in height. Echinodorus sinusoids – unpretentious to the conditions in the aquarium, can grow up to 30 cm. He needs a weekly change of the fifth part of the water, preferably the injection of carbon dioxide, but the lighting can be left at an average level. Echinodorus sinusoids in all its characteristics is one of the best varieties of Europe.
If you liked the video – share with friends: