In most cases, algae cause a negative reaction in aquarists. They look messy, spoil the look of the composition.
At the same time, not all plants are an integral part of wildlife. They live in the surface waters of the planet.
It is from them begins the existence of most aquatic ecosystems. However, the aquarium is a biocenosis, not a natural body of water. It is supported artificially.
Filamentous algae, like all other species, are settled here independently.
Needle is not the alga, the appearance of which should be happy
If the thread appears in the tank, it indicates improper care for him. Even if it looks beautiful, you should quickly get rid of it. Algae got its name because it is formed by long and small threads, presented in large quantities.
Usually they are green.
How to distinguish them:
- plants consist of thin green threads;
- they are slippery and soft in texture;
- if you get such a plant out of the water, it is deformed.
The filamentous algae in an aquarium can form on decorative objects or on other plants. They can be found in almost any place.
The thread consists of thin filaments and when pulled out of the water it deforms, with healthy algae this does not occur.
It can be:
The parasite can fill all free space and tends to spread rapidly. It feeds on substances present in the water.
It also helps in the growth and development of photosynthesis occurring in the light.
It is important to detect the thread in time, as inaction can lead to the death of the remaining inhabitants of the reservoir.
There are many varieties of filamentous algae. Almost all aquarists have to deal with this phenomenon.
The causes of the appearance of this alga are many, but if you clean the aquarium in time, this can be avoided
The main causes of the parasite are:
- Excessive lighting. If the aquarium is exposed to sunlight or is regularly illuminated with artificial lamps, the likelihood of algae growth increases.
- Insufficient aeration. Oxygen is required by all living organisms. With a lack of this substance, congestion occurs, which is why algae appear.
- Lack of plants. If there are few of them in the aquarium, over time the balance is disturbed, a large number of trace elements accumulate. A favorable environment for the growth of the parasite.
- A large amount of nitrates and phosphates. Lack of cleaning in combination with inadequate care leads to such phenomena.
- Migrant plants. Spores of nitrile sometimes enter the aquarium together with other algae or decorative objects.
- Large amount of iron. There is such a phenomenon in the presence of metal objects in the water.
Read more: reasons for the appearance of nitrile in the aquarium.
A problem has to be faced if the owner does not clean the container from food lumps in a timely manner or does not care about the equipment of the container.
Any action should be performed in stages. Algae appear in the pond first.
If they take root, a favorable atmosphere is formed in it. If growth of filamentous algae is already noticeable during this period, a restart of the aquarium will be required.
If you liked the video – share with friends:
The thread is represented by a large variety of species. To fight with each of them must be individually.
If you can establish a specific type of parasite, it will quickly move to its immediate elimination.
The main ones are algae:
- Edogonium. A classic example of filamentous algae. It looks like a fluffy green ball. The appearance of this plant indicates a lack of useful elements in the aquarium.
- Kladofora. The parasite looks like long threads. With an excess of trace elements and impaired water circulation develops rapidly and rapidly.
The thread has several varieties that can indicate the problem of occurrence.
- Spirogyra. Perfectly gets on with other plants and is able to adapt to any conditions of existence. Quickly fills the free space, to touch the plant slippery, the leaves are easily rubbed with his hands.
- Rizoklonium. Looks like a clasophore. If his spores are in an aquarium, he quickly makes itself felt, usually after the first start of the aquarium. At the same time, there is no particular threat from it.
If you liked the video – share with friends:
Bundles may form on a cluster of filamentous green algae. They are fixed on the snags, enveloping the equipment inside the reservoir, as well as the rest of the plants.
In the presence of such algae in small quantities do not worry. If there are too many of them, serious problems are likely.
The potential damage to the filament is as follows:
- Algae remains are a source of toxic substances that have a negative impact on the inhabitants of the reservoir. Gradually, the plants die off and begin to decompose. This provokes pollution.
- Algae interferes with the full growth of other plants, wrapping them around. Residues of feed can get into the cobwebs, which additionally contributes to the spread of pollution. Small and adult fish may get tangled in bundles.
- Parasites spoil the aesthetic appearance of the reservoir, as the water in it becomes turbid.
Needle carries the danger of the appearance of the aquarium, the health and life of all its inhabitants
Before embarking on action, it is necessary to determine why green beams appeared. After the elimination of the main factor provoking the growth of these organisms, it is possible to achieve victory over the fiber. The first step is to destroy the algae.
The cleaner the reservoir, the better.
Use magnetic trowels, scrapers. But best of all – the sponge for washing dishes. Snags, filters and decorative elements are well washed with it.
To do this, use an old toothbrush. It is suitable for this procedure as well as possible, as it has small sizes and is equipped with rigid bristles.
Even hard-to-reach areas can be disinfected with it.
To get rid of filamentous algae in an aquarium, use specialized tools, among which the most common are:
- Tetra Algezit.
To clean and disinfect an aquarium, use a regular sponge and specialized products.
There are other problem solving techniques. Efficacy against nitric acid has hydrogen peroxide.
Per 100 liters of water is permissible to use no more than 40 ml of this tool. They collect it into a syringe and direct it to the area where the parasitic plant is located.
The peroxide has no negative effect on the fish and other monasteries of the aquarium.
It’s impossible to figure out how to deal with filamentous algae in an aquarium until the state of the aquarium has been analyzed. Getting rid of the pest is not easy.
Even a small thread can quickly spread and fill the entire space.
But following simple recommendations, this problem can be solved. Selecting plants for the future of the aquarium, as well as decorative ornaments, you should carefully examine them before putting the tank.
Perhaps there are already threads on them, and they need to be quickly removed.
If you liked the video – share with friends:
For higher plants should create a comfortable environment. If for some reason it is impossible, you will have to resort to the use of specialized formulations. Quality aeration very important for oxygen intake all the inhabitants of the aquarium.
The amount of nitrates and phosphates should be adjusted.
It is important to follow the lighting. Suppose the light mode is not more than 8 hours. It is better to move the aquarium, which stands in a sunny location.
Feed volumes should also be reduced. It is better to give it gradually so that food pieces do not remain in the container. It is good to let shrimps and creatures eating algae into the pond.
They pretty quickly destroy the thread.
How to get rid of the nitrile in the aquarium, do not have to think, if you follow the simple recommendations. Prevention measures consist in timely cleaning of the soil. A large amount of fish waste is deposited at the bottom.
If they are not removed in a timely manner, the concentration of nitrates will exceed all permissible norms. After cleaning, it is desirable to replace approximately 30% of the water with a new one.
You can avoid the development of unwanted algae by timely cleaning the soil of the aquarium
Aquarium is better to put in a lighted place, but without access to direct sunlight. Filled with plants reservoir. If they are enough, the algae will not be able to actively reproduce.
Regular feeding of plants contributes to their strengthening and intensive growth. There is also a simultaneous negative effect on the thread.
When the balance of the natural environment of the aquarium algae do not harm, and play the role of a participant in biological processes. In small quantities they absorb an excess of nutrients and products resulting from putrefactive processes.
That is why aquarists prefer to place algae in the most secluded places. Due to this, the tank will look harmonious and make a favorable impression.