Echinodorus tender (Echinodorus tenellus), dwarf Amazonian – freshwater plant of the genus Echinodorus. Belongs to the Chastukhov family.
In nature, it lives in the shallows of standing and flowing waters of North and South America. Reaches a length of 25–35 cm.
In the southern United States and in Mexico, annual Echinodorus tenellus var. Parvulus.
In aquariums are not in demand. Echinodorus tenellus var. Grow to the south. tenellus – aquarian subspecies.
Stem missing. Leaves come from one whorl. The leaves are elongated, pointed.
Have a whorl narrowed. Color green, saturated.
The root system is developed medium. Ground cover, in aquariums grow to 10 cm (typically 6–7 cm).
Width – up to 5 mm. Form thickets: refuge for fry.
It grows in moist soil in greenhouses. Racks for trampling.
It blooms, pollinates and gives seeds. Germinated in water poured sand.
Not detected due to active breeding.
The genus Echinodorus combines a mass of natural species bred by breeders. The conditions of echinodorus are similar.
- Echinodorus gentle rubra (Echinodorus tenellus rubra) with blade-shaped pointed leaves of 100 x 2 mm. Stalk missing, one whorl. Color purple with a reddish or bright green stripe. The lighting is intense.
- Echinodorus large (Echinodorus major) with elongated elliptical leaves. Color green with light streaks. It grows up to 65–75 cm. It is cultivated in deep containers. The lighting is intense.
- Echinodorus Bleher (Echinodorus bleheri), yarrow with rounded pointed leaves. Densely planted, create blackout on a large area. Color green with light streaks. The length reaches 35–45 cm. The standard lighting is diffused.
Echinodorus gentle – unpretentious plant. Basic requirements are suitable for most inhabitants of the aquarium.
He likes water changes every 7–10 days.
If you do not weed, take all the soil. Except shaded places.
The shape of the vessel does not matter. The plant is low.
At a depth of 30 cm there is a risk of lack of light.
Water temperature: 22–28 ° C. At 20 ° C ceases to grow and multiply.
Stiffness: 3–15 ° W. Calcium is washed out of the foliage in soft water.
Old leaves are destroyed.
Acidity: pH 6–8.
The soil consisting of a stone crumb is optimum. Fragments – 3-6 mm.
The layer is 2–6 cm. In the high layers of the soil, the removal of waste is impossible, and the soil is acidified, which the echodorus does not tolerate.
For the same reason, a sandy substrate or sand in rocky soil is not recommended. As the dressing suitable clay pellets.
Filtering is necessary to preserve the transparency of the water and the flow of light to the plant.
For photosynthesis of Echinodorus, a gentle illumination of 8000–9000 lx is necessary.
Every 10 cm of water layer reduces the illumination by half.
The illumination (in lux) on the surface is calculated by the formula:
Ф – luminous flux in lumen (indicated in the description of the lamp);
S is the water surface area in m2 (multiply the aquarium width in meters by the depth in meters);
k – coefficient selected from the table:
|Fluorescent lamp without reflector||0.2|
|Fluorescent lamp with reflector||0.33|
|Fluorescent lamp with mirror reflector||0.5|
|LED luminaire without reflector or optics||0.6|
|LED luminaire with reflector or optics||0.8|
Fluorescent cylindrical lamps of type LB with a power of 4–80 W create uniform diffused illumination. Ultraviolet, mercury. Visible light is created by the glow of the phosphor on the walls of the flask.
Common and inexpensive.
- Service life – 6,000–12,000 hours. Decreases from frequent on / off.
- The color temperature is 3400–3500 K. 6000–8000 K is recommended for plants.
- The color rendering index Ra is 60–69 (out of 100).
- Contain mercury. Dangerous poisoning in violation of the integrity of the flask.
LED lights vary in performance. Same service life and efficiency.
Durability – from 50,000 hours. Depends on the manufacturer, does not depend on the mode of operation.
LED luminaries according to light output (the ratio of the luminous flux to the power consumption) exceed the fluorescent ones by 2-3 times. Incandescent bulbs – 20-30 times.
Brightness controlled (dimming).
- Single white LED. Color temperature – from 3000 K. There are ultraviolet (Blacklight, UV). The angle of the beam depends on the optics. A SPOT-lamp is suitable for highlighting a separate element, for aquarium – a flood light (WASH).
- LED panels without optics provide uniform illumination. If the composition includes “cold” and “warm” LEDs, the color temperature increases.
- RGB lamps theoretically full color. 3 separately controlled LEDs (red, green, blue) capable of giving 16.7 million colors. Panels are formed from LEDs of basic colors or from full-color RGB multichip. The length of daylight hours is 10–12 hours. Attempts to compensate for the lack of coverage with the duration of echinodorus gentle will not help, but will cause the growth of harmful algae. Needles and blue-green.
Plants feed on carbon dioxide emitted by the inhabitants and silt contained in the soil. Mineral dressing applies only to densely overgrown “carpet”.
Suitable “Foskamid”: up to 2 g per liter of water. Do not allow fertilizer to fall on the leaves – will burn.
Echinodorus gentle compatible with all plants. The exception is sprawling shadowing specimens.
Soft foliage is eaten by herbivores and snails. Omnivorous species add to the diet more vegetable food, vegetables.
Soma, fights, goldfish will be eaten anyway.
Look at this posting on Instagram
Addis, extensions AquasAstana (@ aquas.astana) 23 Sich 2019 p. o 9:35 pst
In the water breeds vegetatively. Rejects “mustache” with a new plant. When 4–5 leaves appear, trim the tendril and root the new plant.
On the surface is bred by seeds.
In the recommended conditions do not get sick.
Under too bright light foliage “burns”, turns yellow. The lack of light causes the leaves to stretch and discolor.
The lengthening of the daylight day provokes fouling with filament and blue-green algae.
In the summer and spring disinfectants are applied to the city’s water pipes. Filter the water for replacement / refilling through an osmotic filter.
A bush of 2–4 cm costs 10–30₽.
Ekhinodorus tender opened for aquascape designer-aquarist Takashi Amano. In his “Natural Aquarium” thickets resembled a well-kept lawn.
Plant foreground. Does not interfere with sightseeing other attractions.
Sometimes long leaves are cut off.
Echinodorus tender – ground-cover fast-growing unpretentious plant. Does not require care.
Excellent shelter for fry. Used when starting a new aquarium.
Demanded by designers.