Selection of plants for a home aquarium is a responsible and demanding question. It must be remembered that, along with its main function – enrichment of water with oxygen – they play a role in ensuring the vital processes of individuals inhabiting the artificial reservoir. Necessary to create the necessary:
- areas of bright lighting and shading
- places for spawning and saving offspring;
- the ability of the fish to hide (in case of perceived danger) and, at the same time, quickly and rapidly overcome the distance in the length of the aquarium.
In the process of selection should pay attention to such an aquarium plant as cryptocoryn. Its numerous options are so diverse and polygamous that they can satisfy the most specific requirements.
for example, cryptocoryne pontederiolifolist and cryptocoryne becket of Patch are ready to grow anywhere in the aquarium, in the front, middle and background. They are unpretentious and aesthetic.
If you liked the video – share with friends:
Kryptokorina parva is the smallest plant of this species. It can be used even in small aquariums, giving it natural freshness and naturalness.
A similar property is characteristic of Neville cryptocoryn. It is the smallest bush, while having a beautiful green color and pomp.
The aroid family is loved by many aquarists. This is explained, on the one hand, by their sufficient study, on the other – by the richness of morphological characters, and on the third, by the relative unpretentiousness.
However, do not forget that each version of the plant has a number of features that must be considered.
- The variety of leaf shape can neither surprise. The cryptocoryne of the jeep has narrow lanceolate elongated leaves narrowed at the base and towards its end. They are gentle and vulnerable. Well planted aquarium, without creating a strong zone of shading. Have a light shade, regardless of the intensity of illumination.
Cryptocoryne cordata has heart-shaped leaves, and when it grows it may look like a common carpet. In nature, it blooms in general on the surface of the reservoir.
Cryptocoryne inverse spiral
Cryptocoryne inverse-spiral has long leaves with a well-marked grooved, which makes them richer and brighter.
- Plant height If you wish to arrange the underwater kingdom, the cryptocoryne is brilliant with low options. Its maximum height does not exceed 10-12 cm. At the same time, ciliated cryptocoryne can grow to a height of 50 cm. It is suitable for processing high and volumetric aquariums. The cryptocoryne Nuri and the cryptocoryne of the Walker are suitable for the foreground of the landscape: they are small, near the bottom and tend to grow.
- Coloring leaves. For many, the color design of the plant world is not indifferent. By choosing such an option as a cryptocoryne with a marshland, it is possible to make a composition of the bushes of bright green and brownish-red coloring, diluting the landscape with an olive-brown background. Cryptocoryne brilliant (Lucens) can always give the ensemble brightness and expressiveness. And cryptocoryne purple will decorate the created ensemble with the brightness of its color.
But the cryptocoryne Walker its leaves can be painted in two colors: the top is bright green, the bottom is reddish-brown. When water moves, it favorably emphasizes the bicolor composition.
- Growth rate. According to this criterion, the species also differ. So, slow growth differs cryptocoryne Neville. Cryptocoryne inverse-spiral grows rapidly, but requires appropriate conditions (for example, organic feeding).
Those who love real aquarium thickets should stop choosing the brown version. This is a small plant that grows quickly and looks presentable with soft and nutritious soil.
The development of the root system is a characteristic feature of the plant. However, some options require attention to its composition, the height of the soil layer, the presence of fish, picking the bottom in search of food.
For example, Neville cryptocoryne does not need a thick layer of soil, it should be lightweight and well ventilated in the aquarium. Cryptocoryne pontederiovolistnaya needs a soil base of at least 6-7 cm in height.
Its rhizome massively and widely extends to adjacent areas.
For the cryptocoryne parva, sand or fine gravel is necessary as a soil, it is better if it is silted. Similar requirements are put forward by small cryptocoryne.
Cryptocoryne inverse-spiral requires the addition of a special mineral fertilizer to the soil, without which the main valuable quality – size – will lose its relevance. In addition, the plant is fixed brown leaf color (or red – in young).
In cryptocoryne tonkinensis, in addition to the massive rhizome, there are also quite noticeable rhizoids, which can often be mistaken for obsolete rhizomatous elements.
For spiral cryptocoryne, a soil consisting of coarse sand mixed with clay is recommended.
In general, the issue of reproduction of such a plant is simple. However, certain skills still have to be. For example, the cryptocoryne brilliant reproduces easily and is characterized by a rapid survival rate.
To do this, it is enough to break off a part of the rhizome or wait for the natural “babies” in the form of bushes, then separate them from the connecting stem that stretches along the bottom and fix in the selected area.
Cryptocoryne Walker breeds slowly. If you wish to fill the aquarium with this type, the paludarium is usually used, where the bushes are grown artificially, with observance of all optimal conditions.
After their formation and strengthening, individuals can be planted back.
Slow growth is also characterized by cryptocoryne neville, but it very rarely loses its leaves, so its ranks rarely thin out.
The cryptocoryne Nuri reproduces only by vegetative means, forming daughter processes with the beginnings of bushes, which are fixed independently in a new place. At the same time, spiral cryptocoryne increases the number of its bushes by cuttings on a creeping stem.
However, they can only be disconnected when at least four or five leaves appear on the new bush.
Characteristics of the main conditions for growth
Plants of this species can hardly be called fussy, but they will not look presentable if:
- Water below 22 ° and above 28 °;
- It has high rigidity and acidity;
- Not cleaned of mechanical impurities;
- It is insufficiently illuminated or, on the contrary, has a too high luminance index.
At the same time, for example, the Tropic Wendt’s cryptocoryne does not suffer from hard water and can grow even with inflated figures.
Cryptocoryne inverse-spiral does not suffer from a lack of lighting and can grow safely in shaded areas. And, on the contrary, spiral cryptocoryne needs bright light and effective water purification.
And affinis, maintaining a long time without bright lighting, changes its color and loses the elasticity of the sheet.
Cryptocoryne Patch, ideally having bright purple or brown leaves, would be grateful if you add bivalent iron to the water (as part of appropriate supplements).
Cryptocoryne Petch (Cryptocoryne petchii)
The well-being of cryptocoryne beckett patch is affected, oddly enough, by algae. With their presence, plant growth slows down and the exotic appearance suffers.
Moreover, algae should be removed before planting is planned.
Cryptocoryne Usteriana does not tolerate a change in the parameters of the reservoir microclimate in the course of its life. She tends to get used to the original indicators and responds to the slightest fluctuations in acidity or hardness by the death of the leaves.
This property is completely absent from the Walker cryptocoryn: it is easily rebuilt and adapts to change.
Cryptocoryne Nuri is demanding on the presence of a flow of water created by special devices for an aquarium.
A factor that upsets many aquarists is the high susceptibility of such aquarium inhabitants to disease. The most susceptible cryptocoryne cordata and cryptocoryne brilliant.
But the cryptocoryne and the cryptocoryne spiral also do not stand aside. When an unfavorable microflora enters the aquarium, the leaves of the plants soften, change their color until yellowing (for example, the cryptocoryne valker), can curl longitudinally and with time, separating from the common bush, float to the surface. This may be the case:
- Topping up or replacing unreliable water;
- Planting a new, bacteria-damaged plant;
- The settlement of unhealthy fish;
- Conducting a new design and other
Whichever choice is made, it is worth adding to the design options such as shiny cryptocorin and Nuri cryptocorin. And the originality of the spiral cryptocoryne bush will always attract attention.
An aquarium with original plant compositions is a worthy decoration of any home, and the correct selection of their options is a guarantee of the health of your favorite underwater world and its inhabitants. Therefore, you should not rely on “maybe”, it is better to immediately take into account all the nuances and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
If you liked the video – share with friends: