maintenance, care, compatibility
Useful video about the treatment of fish, which will help solve the question of what to do with a dying fish?
Video section of the site on the treatment of aqua fish
Why die fish in an aquarium and what to do.
AQUARIUM FISHES WHICH CAN BE WITHOUT OXYGEN AND AIR
❶ Why do fish die? From what do aquarium fish die :: Aquarium fish
How often the joy of buying such beautiful, almost fantastic creatures, like aquarium fish replaced by bitterness because of their death in the first days, and even hours after settling. It would seem, and drove to the house carefully, and the aquarium was carefully prepared in advance.
What is the matter?
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
Aquarium fish die most often, of course, among beginners. This happens because of non-compliance with several rules. The fact is that the content of the aquarium and its inhabitants can not be compared with the content of domestic animals.
A fish cannot whimper or blink when it feels bad, just because it swam briskly in a package with water from a pet store, and now it does not move at the surface of the water of your aquarium. For example, a dog, coming out of a house where the air temperature is plus twenty-five degrees, feels fine at twenty degrees of frost, after going home from the cold to heat, it will also be happy. A fish can quickly be killed by an instant change in temperature of a couple of degrees. Actually, the store water itself and the water in your tank can be very different not only in temperature, but also in composition.
Release the usual minnow in the sea, how long will he live there? Therefore, the water along with your guppy or swordtail should be poured from the package into a suitable jar, and a little water should be added there at intervals of at least 10 minutes, diluting the first one at least twice. The number of populated fish should also be strictly limited: one individual per 3 L is the maximum density for the smallest species. The vegetation in the aquarium should not be too much, from time to time it must be thinned, removing excess grass.
Thus, you will not only free the inhabitants of the space for normal motor activity, but also increase the access of light. By the way, the duration of the daylight hours of most aquarium pets is 10-12 hours, natural lighting from the windows of the apartment is not enough, especially in winter. In view of this, it is necessary to turn on the lamp in the evening, otherwise the internal clock of the fish will break, and as a result – lack of appetite, illness and death. A few words should be said about nutrition separately. It is not worth hoping that you can get by with one dry food, the option “poured more and calmed down” will not work.
First, not eaten food will begin to rot and poison the water, secondly, it is difficult for fish to digest it, which leads to diseases of the digestive tract, thirdly, monotonous food leads to a decrease in immunity, diseases, and, again, to the death of fish. Add chopped lettuce leaves, fresh bloodworm, daphnia, cyclops to the diet of your charges barbs, gourami and scalar. Southern countries are the source of all the main types of aquarium fish.
In addition, they are bred and kept in greenhouse conditions, therefore even not very long, although even a smooth decrease in water temperature to 16 ° C and lower will lead to fungal and other diseases, the result of which you already guess. In general, read the special literature in advance, treat your aquarium fish with attention and love.
No one wants to blame himself, so beginner breeders blame the disease. Unscrupulous sellers only reinforce their doubts, because they have a goal to sell expensive medicine and cash in on.
However, do not rush for a panacea, carefully examine all possible causes of death.
Blame the disease is possible only if the symptoms have been noted for a long time. The fish died away gradually, and not just died in an instant, for no apparent reason. Most often, the disease is brought to the aquarium with new residents or plants.
Death may occur due to malfunction of the heating element in cold weather.
Going to pet stores, you should be aware of what exactly you need medicine. Each of the drugs directed to a specific disease. Universal drugs do not exist!
If possible, consult an experienced aquarist or ask a question on the forum, knowledgeable people will tell you what to do in this situation.
Of course, the disease can not kill a healthy fish. Why do fish die in an aquarium?
If the death occurred, then the immunity has already been undermined. Most likely, the first two errors occurred.
Do not rush to launch new residents, no matter how beautiful they are.
What to do to protect the aquarium:
- Organize quarantine for new inhabitants;
- Sanitize fish or plants.
What to do if the disease started up in the aquarium:
- Change one tenth of the water daily;
- Increase the temperature;
- Strengthen aeration;
- Remove the carriers of the disease and those who are clearly infected.
Remember which fish you ran at home last. Individuals brought from other countries can be carriers of rare diseases, to detect and classify which are sometimes not possible on their own.
What to do if you find a dead fish in the walls of the aquarium?
MUTT WATER IN THE AQUARIUM: WHAT TO DO – DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEMS OF PHOTO VIDEO.
- Like all the abodes of our planet, the fish need air, they need aeration of water. Always check the cleanliness of the air and water before settling. Fish often die in the aquarium from the lack of oxygen. This happens when you have settled many inhabitants in too small an aquarium.
- But even with the observance of all the rules, sometimes the fish die immediately after settling. This is due to the fact that they have a simple shock of adaptation. That is why it is impossible to release a pet into the general aquarium right after the purchase.
- The next reason why the fish die in the aquarium is the introduction of a disease. As a rule, you will notice a gradual deterioration of the condition of the fish, and the disease will mainly spread to one species.
- Never neglect the aquarium lighting. This is especially true for lovers of variegated tropical species. Light day for such fish should last about 12 hours. With a lack of light, the pet’s biological clock will break, leading to death.
- The temperature of the water is no less important than its composition. It is believed that a couple of degrees will not be able to significantly affect the state of the aquarium inhabitants. Meanwhile, the fish are very sensitive to the slightest temperature changes, so that constant fluctuations in degrees can become a serious threat.
- Fish die in the aquarium if they do not follow the recommended composition of water. When buying a new species, be sure to carefully study the water characteristics that are recommended for it. Water hardness directly affects the condition of the pet, if the water is too soft or hard, it is almost a guarantee of death.
- Quite often, problems begin with the settlement of incompatible species. This statement is true for both carnivorous and herbivorous species. And sometimes only one species of fish dies in the aquarium, while the others feel quite normal. It is likely that there have been changes in the composition of the water, which for some fish are insignificant, and for others have caused the death.
- If the fish die in the new aquarium and at the same time all the water parameters and selection rules are observed, you should pay attention to the feeding regime. Newbies often only get along with dry food and just throw a handful of pellets. After a time, from such a regime, the fish have got enough stomach inflammation and they die en masse. In fact, your pets need a varied diet. Add vegetable and live food to the menu.
Why do fish die in an aquarium: forewarned is forearmed
Dear reader! This article is a team of all the articles on our site.
We also tried to supplement the article with the nuances of maintaining and caring for goldfish in an aquarium.
Why do you need such an article? Everything is very simple.
Many beginners in the aquarium world do not know how to contain them, make gross mistakes, as a result of which in a month the goldfish at best fall ill with fin rot and at worst pop up with the belly up.
For example, often on our forum, and on the Internet as a whole, they ask the question – why does my goldfish swim sideways or belly up? When you start to understand, look for the cause of this disease and ask questions to the owner. the answer is by itself and literally lies on the surface of the water.
Many do not know, forget, or do not want to know that feeding fish should be balanced, that is, in their diet should include dry food, and live and vegetable. Goldfish are gluttonous, prone to overeating, so the question of balance in the diet for them as for anyone is relevant.
As for the aforementioned question, the answer is simple – in the process of eating dry food, goldfish swallow air with food. If you feed them only dry food, fish, due to excess air in the food system, begin to float belly up.
The problem is solved elementary – the fish are transferred to the correct, full-fledged feeding and after 3-4 days the goldfish begin to swim normally.
Alas, such examples are mass and it is impossible to highlight everything. But, we still try to do it, by centralizing all the information about goldfish.
We will try to focus on the most important points of the content of gold aquarium fish.
Goldfish: description, types, highlights
Why fish die in an aquarium :: why fish aquarium die :: Other pets
The causes of death of aquarium fish can be many. Ideally, the environment in the aquarium should be as close as possible to the natural habitat of the species of fish that you settled in it.
If there are any deviations, it can lead to health problems and even the death of your pets.
Question “Snowy turtles.” – 3 answers
Aquarium fish should be provided with perfectly clean water, the aquarium itself should be well lit and filtered. And, of course, we must not forget about feeding and live plants. It would seem that to fulfill these requirements is quite simple, what can go wrong?
Most often the fish die as a result of the following violations.
The first reason – poor-quality water. If you do not clean your aquarium often enough, then the waste products of the fish disintegrate and poison the water with nitrogen compounds.
During the day, the fish accumulate a huge amount of feces – up to a third of its weight. In addition, do not overfeed your pets, otherwise the uneaten food will begin to decompose.
Unfortunately, many novice aquarists are poorly oriented in such matters and completely forget about timely cleaning. Nitrogen compounds, such as ammonium, nitrate and nitrite, make themselves felt unpleasant smell and muddy
The second reason is the wrong adaptation of the purchased fish to new conditions. The problem is that the water in pet shops aquariums and the water in your home can vary dramatically in terms of pH, temperature, hardness.
You can not just take and throw a newly acquired fish in your tank, it can experience shock. It is necessary to attach a bag with a new fish to the glass of the aquarium, install weak aeration and pour aquarium water into the bag every 10-15 minutes.
After an hour and a half, the water from the package can be poured into the sink, and the fish run into the aquarium. In the aquarium for a better adaptation of new fish, it is desirable to add a special anti-stress drug
The third reason is quite common – various diseases. But It is worth noting that the disease option should be considered only when the possibility of contamination or maladjustment is excluded. And here it is necessary to make a reservation that the fish get sick because of the reduced immunity caused by adverse conditions.
If one fish has died, or the sea has begun, you need to consult with a specialist who is not interested in selling expensive drugs. For the prevention of disease, take care of the fish, and place the diseased and recently acquired imported animals into quarantine.
Finally, you should list the adverse factors that may adversely affect the health of your fish, which can lead to death. These factors include tap water, a heater that broke down in winter, a lack of oxygen, and finally, aggression from other fish.