maintenance, care, compatibility
Why die fish in an aquarium and what to do.
It is very unpleasant when the fish begin to die in the aquarium. It would seem that everything was done correctly: clean water was poured, aquarium equipment was working, the fish received timely feed.
Despite this, the animals die. Unfortunately, this situation occurs in newcomers of the aquarium business quite often, which is why it is necessary to arm yourself with knowledge of the causes of this phenomenon.
Each novice aquarist should understand the following in advance: if conditions are created in the water house for its inhabitants that are as close as possible to their natural habitat, then they will not get sick, much less die.
At the very least, the risk of death will be minimized.
Practice shows that in the overwhelming majority of cases, the death of fish is caused not by any external diseases, but by errors in content, illiteracy and carelessness of their owners. There are various reasons for this unfortunate phenomenon or a whole combination of causes and factors that should be considered in detail.
AQUARIUM FISHES WHICH CAN BE WITHOUT OXYGEN AND AIR
Sometimes in the aquarium, the fish begin to die one by one. Their owner makes a rash decision – he goes to the pet store and buys any funds offered by the seller. But nothing helps.
So, why fish die in an aquarium? There are several reasons for this.
The main problem of all troubles in an aquarium is dirty water. Beginning breeders, as a rule, forget that the fish not only breathes and eats, but also feces. As a result, the increased content of nitrate, ammonium and nitrite leads to a mora.
And the first two are especially dangerous. Poisoning with these substances can be seen with the naked eye: a smell of rot appears, the water becomes cloudy and the question: “Why do fish die in an aquarium?” Can be considered closed.
Bacteria that fight poison and toxins live in the filter media and in the soil. It is important to clean both substrates carefully but carefully.
Otherwise, you can destroy the fighters for health. Thus, there is no need to clean the aquarium to sterility and periodically turn off the filter (otherwise anaerobic microorganisms will settle there).
By following these simple rules, you can maintain the health of this biosystem and then the fish will not die.
To restore the lost balance, the following instructions are recommended:
- Stop feeding for a short period of time. Fish without food can last for several days
- Measure the level of toxic substances using special tests (sold at the pet store)
- If the readings are equal to 2 ppm, then it is necessary to replace half the water in the aquarium, but gradually, otherwise the death of the fish will not stop.
- Follow the second and third points for several days until the microflora is restored.
- In no case can not use antibiotics. They are completely destroyed biobalance!
It is important to remember that the aquarium, as a fabulous teremok, can fall apart if it is overpopulated. Fish die because of gluttony.
If overfeeding occurs, food debris will simply begin to decompose. Therefore, it is better to reduce portions than to increase.
As a rule, the temperature, pH and hardness of the water in the pet store is very different from the aquarium breeder. The strongest stress, and therefore the reason why the fish die in the aquarium, can become an ordinary room in a new habitat.
Changes in pH can even kill pets or lead to their fatal illness. How to help them endure stress?
First you need to put the bag with the newly purchased fish in the aquarium and attach it with a clothespin to the glass. Then – weak aeration. After 10 minutes you need to pour into the package aquarium water.
Repeat this step every 12-15 minutes. After half an hour, you can release the fish in a new home.
And finally, the last step – the addition of anti-stress drugs and feeding.
Very often, this is the reason newcomers hear from sellers to the question: “Why do I have fish die in an aquarium?” Because the latter are interested in profits from selling expensive medicines. It is important after the purchase of pets to quarantine, and sometimes – preventive treatment.
But even in this case, the fish can get sick. In this case, to prevent the pestilence, the ill person should be placed in a separate aquarium.
Imported fish sometimes bring rare species of disease that cannot be determined without special laboratory analysis. In pet stores there are a lot of drugs that can save pets from misfortune, but it’s better not to be consulted about the choice of treatment from the sellers, but from experienced aquarists.
But, as a rule, before treating the problem itself, it is necessary to look for its source: reduced immunity and, consequently, the poor state of the composition of the water.
Fish die from many causes, but the pillars of care for them are unchanged: regular cleaning of the soil and water filtration, timely replacement of water, not overfeeding.
No one wants to blame himself, so beginner breeders blame the disease. Unscrupulous sellers only reinforce their doubts, because they have a goal to sell expensive medicine and cash in on.
However, do not rush for a panacea, carefully examine all possible causes of death.
Blame the disease is possible only if the symptoms have been noted for a long time. The fish died away gradually, and not just died in an instant, for no apparent reason. Most often, the disease is brought to the aquarium with new residents or plants.
Death may occur due to malfunction of the heating element in cold weather.
Going to pet stores, you should be aware of what exactly you need medicine. Each of the drugs directed to a specific disease. Universal drugs do not exist!
If possible, consult an experienced aquarist or ask a question on the forum, knowledgeable people will tell you what to do in this situation.
Of course, the disease can not kill a healthy fish. Why do fish die in an aquarium? If the death occurred, then the immunity has already been undermined.
Most likely, the first two errors occurred. Do not rush to launch new residents, no matter how beautiful they are.
What to do to protect the aquarium:
- Organize quarantine for new inhabitants;
- Sanitize fish or plants.
What to do if the disease started up in the aquarium:
- Change one tenth of the water daily;
- Increase the temperature;
- Strengthen aeration;
- Remove the carriers of the disease and those who are clearly infected.
Remember which fish you ran at home last. Individuals brought from other countries can be carriers of rare diseases, to detect and classify which are sometimes not possible on their own.
What to do if you find a dead fish in the walls of the aquarium?
- Look at the number of fish in the tank. Recount them in the morning and in the hours of feeding. What is their condition, do they take food well? Are there fish that refuse food? Is it possible bloating in one of the fish? If you have not found any fish, check all the corners in the aquarium by lifting the lid. Inspect the plants, caverns and all the scenery. If after a few days the dead fish did not float to the surface, it may have suffered from a neighbor in the aquarium, and you can hardly find it. Sometimes the fish fall into an unprotected filter, and die there. In any case, keep searching until you find the visible reasons for the disappearance.
- Fish that have died in an aquarium should be removed from it. Tropical species of fish quickly rot because of high water temperature. Under conditions of such an environment, bacteria multiply rapidly, water grows turbid, and an unpleasant odor appears, which can cause infection of other pets.
- It is necessary to do inspection of the dead fish. You must understand why she died in an aquarium. Wear medical gloves. If the body is not completely decomposed, look at the condition of the fins, scales, and condition of the abdominal cavity. Perhaps there are wounds on the body or signs that she has suffered from unproductive neighbors. If the stomach is strongly swollen, eyes bulging, the scales are covered with bloom or stains – it means that the pet has suffered from illness or poisoning. After inspection, gloves should be discarded.
- Check the water parameters. Water is often the main cause of poor health. Take tests with indicators, and make the necessary measurements. The increased content of ammonia and nitrates in water, heavy metals leads to the fact that pets die quickly. If the aquarium has a decorative element made of iron, zinc, copper – this is another pointer. Some fish do not tolerate metal, and suddenly die.
- After the test results, draw conclusions. The test will show two results – either you have everything in order in the aquarium, or the water is dirty and there is an overabundance of toxic substances in it. In the second case, you need to enable powerful filtering, and make a replacement of 25% of the aquarium water for clean and infused. Dramatically change the parameters of the water is not necessary, it can harm living fish.
- But if the water is in proper condition, there may be a number of other reasons why the fish died. Sometimes aquarium pets die of hunger, overeating, illness, severe stress, bruises after attacking other fish, age. If the fish die suddenly, you need to do everything necessary to keep others alive. Contact your veterinarian if you do not find obvious causes of death of the pet.
MUTT WATER IN THE AQUARIUM: WHAT TO DO – DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEMS OF PHOTO VIDEO.
Most of the inhabitants of the aquarium needs careful maintenance. This concerns the quality and composition of water, neighbors and vegetation.
If the fish began to die in an aquarium, the necessary conditions for keeping were most likely not met. To avoid such troubles, it is worthwhile to familiarize yourself with the list, which lists the most common causes of death of fish.
- Like all the abodes of our planet, the fish need air, they need aeration of water. Always check the cleanliness of the air and water before settling. Fish often die in the aquarium from the lack of oxygen. This happens when you have settled many inhabitants in too small an aquarium.
- But even with the observance of all the rules, sometimes the fish die immediately after settling. This is due to the fact that they have a simple shock of adaptation. That is why it is impossible to release a pet into the general aquarium right after the purchase.
- The next reason why the fish die in the aquarium is the introduction of a disease. As a rule, you will notice a gradual deterioration of the condition of the fish, and the disease will mainly spread to one species.
- Never neglect the aquarium lighting. This is especially true for lovers of variegated tropical species. Light day for such fish should last about 12 hours. With a lack of light, the pet’s biological clock will break, leading to death.
- The temperature of the water is no less important than its composition. It is believed that a couple of degrees will not be able to significantly affect the state of the aquarium inhabitants. Meanwhile, the fish are very sensitive to the slightest temperature changes, so that constant fluctuations in degrees can become a serious threat.
- Fish die in the aquarium if they do not follow the recommended composition of water. When buying a new species, be sure to carefully study the water characteristics that are recommended for it. Water hardness directly affects the condition of the pet, if the water is too soft or hard, it is almost a guarantee of death.
- Quite often, problems begin with the settlement of incompatible species. This statement is true for both carnivorous and herbivorous species. And sometimes only one species of fish dies in the aquarium, while the others feel quite normal. It is likely that there have been changes in the composition of the water, which for some fish are insignificant, and for others have caused the death.
- If the fish die in the new aquarium and at the same time all the water parameters and selection rules are observed, you should pay attention to the feeding regime. Newbies often only get along with dry food and just throw a handful of pellets. After a time, from such a regime, the fish have got enough stomach inflammation and they die en masse. In fact, your pets need a varied diet. Add vegetable and live food to the menu.
Why do fish die in an aquarium: forewarned is forearmed
To avoid such problems, it is necessary to take the content and maintenance of the aquarium seriously. Before you go in search of fish, do not be lazy to read enough literature about the features of their content.
Often we try not to follow such a simple rule and simply find out the details in the pet store.
Most often the reasons why the fish die in an aquarium are associated with impaired content. Always keep on control all the parameters of the water in the aquarium, track any changes in the behavior and condition of pets. These simple rules will allow you to notice the beginning of the problem in time and solve it in a short time.
Fish can not tell you, but in her behavior you will always notice something was wrong.