maintenance, care, compatibility
When can I run the fish in a new aquarium? After the water is filled, the décor is installed, and the equipment is connected, wait 2-3 days (4-5 is even better) before planting the fish.
During this time, the water warms up, cleared. You make sure that the equipment works as it should, the temperature is stable and what you need, the dangerous elements (chlorine) have evaporated.
AquaSafe for water.
At this time, it is good to add special preparations to facilitate the establishment of balance in the aquarium. These are liquids or powders that contain beneficial bacteria that live in the soil and filter, and purify water from harmful substances.
Plants can be planted a little faster, before planting the fish, but not before the water warms up to 24 C. Plant the plants, wait a couple of days until the raised dregs settle and launch your new pets.
How to run the fish in the aquarium :: run the fish in the aquarium :: Aquarium fish
Many dream of having a little piece of the underwater kingdom at home. The aquarium allows not only to contemplate the beautiful, but also to join the amazing world of underwater inhabitants, to learn a lot of new and interesting things from their life.
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
1. So you decided to start an aquarium. First of all, study the literature on aquarism, decide what type of aquarium you want to buy and what fish you want to keep in it.
2. Do not rush to buy everything at once. First you need to purchase the technical part: the aquarium itself, the filter and aerator, light, heater, thermometer.
Then you need to choose the soil, plants and snails (if you plan to start them). Fish at this stage is not worth buying, you first need to equip them with a house.
3. Install the aquarium, pour the washed soil into it, fill the tank with 1/3 of the distilled tap water. Install hardware.
Then plant the plants, put decorations on the ground in the form of embossed stones, specially prepared snags, sculptures. Fill the aquarium with water and connect all the equipment.
Now you can run a few snails.
4. After that, the aquarium begins to “ripen.” Water is colonized by microflora, various chemical and physical processes occur.
During this period, the water is not suitable for settling fish. It is necessary to wait until it dims (this is a natural process), and then again becomes transparent.
As a rule, “maturation” lasts about one to two weeks.
5. The process can be accelerated with the help of various water conditioners that are sold in pet stores. After the water becomes crystal clear, you can go for the fish.
6. When choosing fish, their compatibility should be considered, as well as similarity in keeping conditions (hardness, water temperature, illumination, etc.) It is also necessary to correctly calculate the number of fish in your aquarium so that all inhabitants feel comfortable.
7. Try to buy fish in a pet store, which is located near the house, since transportation over long distances has a negative effect on their well-being.
8. Arriving home do not rush to run new tenants in the aquarium. First rinse the bag with fish under running water, and then place it in the aquarium to equalize the temperature.
After 10 minutes, add a bag of fish with aquarium water to equalize the chemical composition and wait another 15 minutes. After that, carefully release the fish to the new house.
9. At first, the fish may become clogged under a filter or plants – this is a normal reaction to a change of scenery. Give them a little look around and come to their senses, then feed them a little.
A few days later the fish will get used to the new conditions of detention, and you will be able to watch the little underwater world in all its glory!
Have you decided to purchase a new aquarium and have prepared it to receive new inhabitants? Please note: you cannot run all the fish there at once, as this can lead to dramatic consequences for both individuals and for the entire aquarium ecosystem.
1. Thoroughly clean the aquarium with baking soda and salt. Avoid using detergents, as their residues on the walls of the aquarium can harm plants and fish.
2. Place the aquarium on a perfectly flat surface so that the glass does not show cracks due to fluid pressure on one of its walls.
3. Lay the soil, pre-rinsing and boiling it. The thickness of the soil layer should be at least 5 centimeters.
4. Install equipment for normal functioning of the aquarium. Such equipment includes:
– the filter necessary to clean the aquarium from waste;
– a compressor that will saturate the aquarium water with oxygen;
– heater for heating water in the cold season;
– Thermometer to monitor water temperature.
5. Having installed the equipment, start planting. Be careful not to plunge the growing point into the ground, otherwise the plant roots will stick out in different directions.
6. Having thus prepared the ecosystem of the aquarium, fill it with water. Use only tap water, do not bring water from rivers and ponds, as it may contain dangerous bacteria and heavy metal particles.
Wait 2 weeks.
7. If your fish live in natural conditions in the same climatic zone, launch all at once into the aquarium, but if they are natives of different latitudes, then when sharing your neighbors you are unlikely to be able to avoid victims. In any case, it is better to run the fish in batches so that they gradually get used to the aquarium ecosystem.
8. Quarantine each subsequent batch up to several weeks. Before starting the next group, gradually change the chemical composition of the water in the tank in which your pets are “on overexposure”. Within a few hours, gradually pour water into the transit tank with the fish there and carefully observe their behavior.
When you start each next batch of fish do not need to feed, they are at this point not to eat.
Starting the aquarium from scratch: step-by-step instructions for creating a new aquarium
LAUNCH OF AQUARIUM
The launch of the aquarium is the most important starting point in the life of the aquarium world! That is why, this issue should be given maximum attention. Due to the fact that Forum FanFishka.ru users regularly ask questions about the proper start of the aquarium, about the first month of its life, it became necessary to supplement this article with this preface, the goal of which is to put the aquarium beginner all in a simple and understandable way and to give a basis for understanding the essence of the aquarium.
The first thing you should pay attention to is that we all have different aquariums: in terms of parameters, in aquatic organisms, etc. In this connection, it is simply not possible to display the standard of launch and further care of the aquarium.
Each “bank” has its own specifics, its own nuances. From this, it is possible to make an important conclusion – before doing something, a novice aquarist should independently read, study information on the specificity of the content of certain aquatic organisms, a beginner should thirstyly absorb information about the nuances of the content of his aquarium. Without this, nowhere!
As they say, you will not help yourself, no one will help you! A common misconception of people is their understanding of the essence of an aquarium – like a certain can of water and fish.
Far from it! An aquarium is not only water, fish and aquarium plants. This is a whole microcosm – an almost closed biological system, in which, as in nature, everything is interconnected.
It should be understood that the aquarium is a collection of hydrobiotic, i.e. of all living aquarium organisms and these are not only fish and plants, they are also mollusks, crustaceans, algae, protozoa, bacteria and fungi. Can say that The aquarium as such is a compound organism consisting of a chain of “living links”!
From this we can draw another important conclusion that the primary task of an aquarist is to establish a well-coordinated work of all links in the chain. You can often hear the expressions: “aquarium balance”, “biological balance”, “healthy aquarium”, “correct aquarium”, etc. – in essence, this means that the aquarium works like a clockwork, where all the gears are in place and perform their function.
Also, it should be understood that the aquarium is a complex mechanism. The processes that take place in it are complex and diverse.
A frequent delusion of a newbie is the thought that: “Here I’ll throw a pill right now, which I’m recommended and everything will pass,” no … no … no and no again! There are no magic pills. All aquarium hydrochemistry only makes life easier for an aquarist, but is not the key to success.
For a deeper understanding, here are some examples of some processes (chains) that take place in an aquarium.
Example number 1. The so-called “Nitrogen cycle”
Fish waste and dead organic matter (hereinafter referred to as “PJ”) are regularly released into the water.
Under the action of beneficial bacteria – nitrifying, PJ breaks up into poisons:
first ammonia / ammonium (NH3 / NH4),
then nitrites (NO2),
then nitrates (NO3),
and then, by bacteria denitrifiers, nitrates decompose to a gaseous state and are removed from the aquarium.
Example number 2 “Nitrogen cycle with plants”
PJ, regularly fall into the water.
Under the action of beneficial bacteria – nitrifying, PJ breaks up into poisons:
NO3 nitrates (or more precisely nitrogen N) are fertilizer for aquarium plants and are used by them in the process of photosynthesis.
If the process of photosynthesis is adjusted (there is a proper amount of refreshment, CO2 and other fertilizers in the aquarium), the plants “pull out nitrates” take nitrogen (N) and release water H2O and oxygen (О2), which is very useful for aquatic organisms and in general for oxidation processes.
Example number 3 “Negative”
PJ, regularly fall into the water. And in the aquarium there are not enough good bacteria, no plants.
The concentration of poisons accumulates, deadly for all living things.
Aquarium, as a holistic organism “Sits and thinks what should I do? How can I reduce the concentration of poisons … and here he recalls algae disputes, which are always in a state of depression in aquarium water ”
There is an “algal flash” – the aquarium is covered with the lower plant world: green, brown, black algae.
Due to the algae, the aquarium is trying to get rid of harmful substances.
Well, and then, if you don’t remember it in time … the aquarium is overgrown with “greenery”, goes out, turns sour and dies!
You can continue to continue to give examples of the relationship of individual elements of the aquarium chain. A lot of them!
But I think the essence is clear. Additionally, see the material: MUTT AQUARIUM, Nitrates and nitrites in an aquarium.
And here we come to the main task of this article – to the question, how can an aquarist help his family aquarium, at the start and the first month of life?
The most important thing that a happy owner of a new aquarium should understand is that in a young aquarium there is no bioblans at all – that is, in fact, nothing works: there is no proper amount of bacteria, fungi, freshly planted plants have not yet become stronger, etc. … while the fish are already giving out PJ, some leaves of the plants die off, the remnants of the uneaten food are decomposed …
In this connection, below I will cite a set of rules for the care of an aquarium in the first month:
one. As a general rule, in the first month of fish in the aquarium, for obvious reasons, should not be. Often, newbies ask … well, you can, well, you can already plant a fish))) By myself I know, this is a heel-burning desire to have the first fish!
Therefore, I will answer this way – it is possible, but carefully))) … it is desirable to at least wait two weeks … well, at least a week))) At the same time, it is necessary to start populating the aquarium with fish gradually, starting with the most stoic and undemanding. Which often are catfish like fish (for example, Corridors, Ancistrus).
Well, then, if everything is normal, you can already look at and sit down “the main characters of your aquarium theater.”
Often in the vastness of Runet, you can find opinions and statements such as: “You think, I immediately put the fish in the aquarium and everyone is alive!” I note that this attitude is not permissible. Why?
The answer will be given by this visual table about the growing concentration of poisons in the first month of aquarium life.
From this table it is clear that toxic substances simply “climb up” and go off scale, because there are no bacteria, no balance. And now imagine, you bring the first cabin from the pet store!
I note that in most pet stores fish are in poor conditions, and therefore, the health of most of them is not the best. So, from transplantation and transportation of your fish, in addition, stress, here it is still being planted in a new aquarium with other parameters of water, and besides, in water, the concentration of ammonia, nitrite and nitrate is high.
What happens to the fish. A fish with a strong immunity will “tolerate” and it can all go well, a fish with weak immunity will get sick and will need to be treated, the treatment will negatively affect the condition of the aquarium as a whole and complicate the life of the aquarist several times, well, glue together flippers. ”
2 In the first month of the life of the aquarium they try not to bother!
What does it mean? This means: you do not need to constantly climb into it, you do not need to do the cleaning, change the water, or siphon the aquarium floor!
Yes Yes Yes. Exactly. It would seem that if we clean everything thoroughly, siphon and rub everything, then there will be no PJ, and therefore no problems!
But, unfortunately, with these actions we only prevent useful microorganisms from developing.
For example, in water only, only a colony of beneficial bacteria has formed, only a favorable environment has been formed, and we have to change the water again and fill in fresh “empty” water! Or, for example, the bottom of an aquarium … after all, in essence, this is a biological filter – “a house where 90% of our beneficial bacteria live” … for the first, second week, they just started to “occupy a new place”, and we siphon them suck out of the house.
Of course, the above is not a dogma, but as a general rule, it is recommended not to clean the aquarium (and all its equipment) during the first month. Thus, we give the opportunity to the aquarium, which is called “insist”.
3 Since water is not sterile, sooner or later the aquarium will independently “fill” with invisible to the human eye organisms. Nevertheless, it is possible and even necessary to use aquarium hydrochemistry, which helps the aquarium to gain bio-balance.
it Tera safestart and Tetra aquasafe, and Tetra bactozym, and Tetra NitratMinus, Tetra NitrateMinus Pearls, Sulfur nitrivek, zeolite and many, many other analogues, about which you can read the full information on the pages of our site. The essence of their action is simple:
– some drugs “ennoble water”, that is, they make water suitable for aquatic organisms (AquaSafe) and contribute to their reproduction of beneficial bacteria (Bacti).
– others are ready-made concentrate, the most beneficial bacteria that fight poisons (Tetra SafeStart, Sera Nitrivek).
– either at a biological or chemical level, the concentration of poisons is reduced (Zeolite, Sulfur Toksivek, Tetra Nitrate Minus).
All these drugs can be used both individually and together. THE NOTE: In a pet shop or with friends of aquarists, you can ask for a squeeze from a filter that worked in a healthy aquarium.
This squeeze – brown slurry contains a huge number of beneficial bacteria, i.e. essentially replaces starter drugs. You just need to pour it into your aquarium for three hours after squeezing.
1. It is important not only to install the aquarium correctly and connect everything, this is only half the battle.
2. It is necessary, as thoroughly as possible, to understand and understand that an aquarium is a complete organism, a closed corner of nature in your home, and not just a vessel with fish.
3. Aquarium is not a picture, set and forgotten. It requires attention, patience and perseverance. It is necessary to read, learn and try to improve your aquarium – this is the beauty of aquarism.
You need to learn to see the “aquarium on the eye,” you need to learn to “feel it.”
4. At the same time, you should always follow the golden rule – the aquarium does not like sudden movements. Everything needs to be done with the mind, gradually and not from the bay-floundering!
Below are links to forum branches, guys who have already launched an aquarium and have passed the test of the “first, aquarium month at FanFishka,” from which you can additionally gather information:
Launch and arrangement of the aquarium of 132 liters – Forum
New one hundred liter aquarium, start from scratch. – Forum
Run a 200 liter aquarium with scalaris – Forum
Launching a new aquarium – Fish are dying – Forum
My first aquarium is 100 liters – Aquarium forum
Equipment and running aquarium 200 liters – Forum
My first aquarium is 180 liters, help with the launch – Forum
Launch of shrimp on 70 liters – Aquarists Forum
Below is a link to the material of our “forum bee” and moderator Yanina, in which she shares her impressions and experiences when launching her 600l. aquarium with goldfish.
STARTING A GREAT AQUARIUM
step-by-step example of arrangement of the aquarium world
And also, the curious story of our forum member Iren2321, about his impressions when launching the first aquarium