maintenance, care, compatibility
When installing the aquarium, you need to follow some rules. If you are new to the aquarium business, it is necessary to study in detail all the features of the correct settlement of fish. It is important to understand what size of the aquarium is needed, what plants will harmoniously look in the aquascape, and what parameters of the aquatic environment are suitable for all residents of the reservoir.
A full life of the fish and plants will also ensure proper care and compatibility.
When you purchased a glass container and all the instruments, found a place where you put the tank, you can begin to equip it. Before installing the aquarium, put a rubber lining under it, which will give the surface the necessary friction and remove any irregularities.
The bottom of the aquarium is under constant pressure, in the event of damage, a body of water can split the tank. After that you need to carry out such measures:
- Wash the glass container with baking soda by rinsing its walls several times under running water. Do not use detergents and chemicals. Thermostat, filter and water thermometer can be wiped with a weak solution of potassium permanganate (devices must be disconnected from the network).
- Before laying the bottom of the aquarium with primer, it should be rinsed under running water and boiled.
- The water in which the fish and plants will live must be clean and infused. Do not pour water directly from the tap. She must insist 3-4 days to evaporate chlorine. Measure the water parameters with indicators, measure its temperature. Everything must meet the necessary standards. After that, the water can be poured.
- Before planting, they need to be processed in a weak solution of the drug bicillin-5, or in a weak solution of potassium permanganate. Dip the seedlings in the solution for 10-20 minutes. Then they need to be washed, planted in the ground. Very long roots can be cut.
Fish and plants should be kept carefully, providing them with the necessary care in a timely manner. The main rule of the settlement is that everyone should have enough space for free swimming.
Small fish need 10-20 liters per individual, medium – 30-50 liters, large – 100 liters or more.
It is necessary to take into account the compatibility of fish – according to the way of feeding there are herbivorous, predatory and omnivorous species. You can not settle large and small fish together, fish with different eating habits. An aquarium is a closed space, so weak fish cannot swim far from predators.
Beginners can make danios, guppies, mollies, catfish corridors, gourami, labo, cockerels, goldfish. There are schooling fish, and there are loners, so you need to take into account the peculiarities of behavior during the settlement.
Aquarium for beginners: care, content, useful video
The motivation for writing this article was the frequent appeal of newcomers to aquarism at FORUM FanFishka.ru. Almost every day, newly minted owners of the aquarium world ask their questions to which they either do not know the answers, or need advice, or have problems after the first launch of the aquarium.
All who asked for help on the forum, did not go unheeded! Even if the newcomer had gross or absurd mistakes, I never scolded him, and tried to explain what was what planned.
But, at some stage, I realized that I would not be enough for everyone and that I needed methodological material for beginners!
Looking at the already written materials from the site FanFishka.ru, I saw a sufficient number of articles – “about the first steps into the aquarium kingdom”. But, all of them were scattered and only mutually complementary.
After analyzing further similar materials on the Internet, my desire to write a decent, systematic material, only intensified!
For constructive conversation, let’s break down the article into sections:
1. AQUARIUM FOR BEGINNERS: arrangement, launch, frequent questions, problems.
2. FISHING AND PLANTS FOR BEGINNERS: what are the issues that are necessary, problems.
3. NUANS OF YOUNG AQUARIUM: rules that will help to avoid problems with the aquarium.
AQUARIUM FOR BEGINNERS
arrangement, launch, frequent questions, problems
To create an aquarium world, you need not only the aquarium itself, but also related products. Many beginners make the mistake of buying only the minimum part of the necessary equipment.
And then they begin to run in a hurry in search of a product.
Remember, as Captain Vrungel said: “How do you call a ship, so it will sail.” The first launch of the aquarium should be perfect – and this will be the key to the joy and pleasure from aquarium contemplation, eliminates possible problems and difficulties, and most importantly will give you invaluable experience.
In the future, you can miss something, lazy … but not now!
Below are links to articles in this section, in bold, priority articles are highlighted:
Running Aquarium from A to Z
An example of an aquarium design 100 liters
Which aquarium is better
WHAT NEED TO AQUARIUM
I WANT TO GO TO FISH: how to equip the first aquarium.
AQUARIUM BEGINNING: the basics of the aquarium, the basics of aquarium
FIRST AQUARIUM DAYS: Start the creation of the aquarium world of fish!
INVENTORY FOR AQUARIUM AND DEVICES
BOTTOM and GROUND of the AQUARIUM
CHANGE OF WATER IN THE AQUARIUM! WHAT WATER IS NEEDED FOR THE AQUARIUM?
Boiled thawed or distilled water for aquarium
Seashells in the aquarium
SMALL AQUARIUM merits and demerits!
LACK OF THE AQUARIUM, but are these fish really necessary?
AQUARIUM FOR CHILDREN
Other questions on the forum …
Here’s another, for convenience, as a reminder – I give a list of what ponabitsya for a novice aquarist:
– lighting, if not included;
– aquatic organisms: fish, plants, mollusks, etc .;
– food for prospective fish;
– inventory: net, siphon, aquarium silicone, sponges, buckets. Secondary – hoses, valves, windshield wipers, other;
Plus, I recommend to all beginners to buy immediately a means to stabilize the aquarium water. It is called the water stabilizer.
Different brands have different names, here are some of them: Tetra Aqua Safe, Sera aquatan, Sera bio nitrivec … others. Read about them here AQUARIUM CHEMISTRY.
The above articles fully disclose all the nuances of buying, installing and running an aquarium. Below are the blitz answers to the most frequent questions of novice aquarists.
one. Question: Is it possible to put the aquarium on the furniture? In the kitchen?
Bath and so on?
Answer: Can. It is important that the surface of the furniture was solid and withstand the weight of the aquarium with water, soil and decorations.
The aquarium can be placed anywhere, as long as direct sunlight does not fall on it. Cooking, bathing does not interfere with the life of the fish.
2 Question: After the launch of the aquarium, the water turned cloudy – became whitish!?
Answer: Nothing wrong with that. When you first fill the aquarium with water for the first time, the reservoir’s biobalance is not yet tuned, because This is a long process. Primary adaptation processes of aquarium water occur.
The whiteness of the water will pass itself in 3-7 days.
3 Question: What kind of water to pour into the aquarium? How often should it be changed?
Answer: It is necessary to fill in at least a day separated water. Otherwise, you can run into trouble, for example, gas embolus.
Yes … you can fill the aquarium with tap water – but, counting on it at random.
The substitution of aquarium water is purely individual and depends on the size of the aquarium, the number of fish and plants, and other factors. In general, it is customary to replace water once a week.
But, as the poll on our site shows, this is not a dogma.
“How often do you change aquarium water to fresh water?”
four. Question: Is it possible to decorate an aquarium with statuettes, shells, beads, etc.
Answer: Can. But, you must make sure that the material from which the decor is made is not soluble in water. The same shells undergo a gradual dissolution in aquarium water, which increases, albeit slightly, the rigidity of aquarium water.
Painted, plastic items are best not to use. Metal – are prohibited.
FISHING AND PLANTS FOR BEGINNERS
what is necessary, issues issues
Giving advice on choosing fish for a novice aquarist, you can immediately get rid of him with the phrase: “Choose unpretentious in the content, small fish, for example, from the family of petsilievi – guppies, swordtails, radishes, etc.”.
But who thought it up that it is impossible to immediately start large, beautiful fish – the same tsikhlazom: severum, diamond or black-striped? If you properly care for them, then there will be no problems.
And if you do not follow the aquarium and let everything go to chance, then the guppies will die in a week.
Perhaps the main qualification when choosing aquarium fish are your abilities and desires.
The opposite situation is with aquarium plants. It’s not so simple. The success of plant maintenance is LIGHT + SUPPLY + CO2.
Their deficiency leads to the death or poor health of plants.
Unfortunately, in the aquarium covers that come with, as a rule, there are 15-18 watt light bulbs, the power of which is insufficient for the normal existence of aquarium plants. Therefore, before you start a plant you need to study everything and prepare in advance.
The initial way out of this situation may be unpretentious, resistant aquarium plants that are not pretentious to the conditions of detention.
Below are the articles that fully and comprehensively disclose this section.
Aquarium Fish Compatibility
COMPATIBILITY OF GOLDEN FISHES
ALL about AQUARIUM FISHES
TOP: The most beautiful aquarium fish and fish!
The most unpretentious little aquarium fish
WHAT FISHES LIVE WITHOUT OXYGEN
What fish live in the aquarium. What kind of fish to get?
AQUARIUM FISHING OF ALL FLOWERS
Purchasing Transplant Fish Transportation
AQUARIUM PLANTS: let’s talk about the benefits of plants for your aquarium!
CO2 for aquarium
The benefits and dangers of CO2 in an aquarium
Why in the aquarium …
YOU CAN AQUARIUM: all the answers
Fish and snails: enemies or friends!
How much are the fish or the price of aquarium fish!
How much can the fish in the aquarium
Perhaps the most important thing when choosing fish is to take into account their compatibility and the volume of “living space”. Do not chase the quantity!
Frequently asked questions by novice aquarists in this section:
one. Question: Did the fishes get covered with white dots, bumps?
Answer: This is ichthyophthiriosis or “semolina” fish. It is treated with Tetra Contral or Sera Kostapur. Read more here:
Ichthyotiria how to treat semolina in aquarium fish
Discussion on the forum
2 Question: Fish die, why, what to do?
Why die fish or the sad fate of goldfish!
The first symptoms of fish disease
WHAT TO DO IF FISHES ARE DISEASE OR SUSTAINABLE
We also recommend you to look at the colorful brochure “Popular types of aquarium fish”. This brochure contains all popular types of fish, with a description of their conditions of maintenance, compatibility, feeding + photos.
(to view or download, click on the image)
NUANS OF YOUNG AQUARIUM
rules that will help to avoid problems with the aquarium
DON’T BELIEVE SELLERS.
Unfortunately, they have such a job – to smell you as much as possible. Often the sellers’ advice is wrong and aimed only at one greedy enrichment at your expense.
READ, LEARN, ASK QUESTIONS.
Actually this rule follows from the previous one – it is your weapon in the fight against lies. Your own opinion based on what you read is the key to success not only in aquarism.
Read several materials on the topic of interest, for comparison and analysis.
DO NOT HURRY, AND THEN SUCCEED.
Do not rush, do everything thoroughly. It is impossible to get ahead of time – everything that was done in a hurry will collapse soon.
DO NOT OVERDO IT.
Feed the fish once a day, “do not rub” the aquarium daily, do not fill the aquarium with fish and plants. In fact: aeration, filtration, normal water temperature and feed – these are the basic living conditions of the fish.
STUDY AND USE AQUARIUM CHEMISTRY.
This will give you the opportunity to quickly adjust the bio balance of the aquarium, to keep it clean, and in the case of illness of pets – to take action on time.
BONUS: VIDEO FOR BEGINNERS AQUARIUS
Before you buy an aquarium, you should find out what you need to have for a comfortable keeping of fish in it. To do this, first of all, decide on the location and size of the aquarium.
Equipping a new aquarium with fish, you need to buy immediately the necessary minimum of what is needed for the livelihoods of living organisms.
Equipment for aquarium
Initially, equipment, soil and live, possibly artificial, plants are acquired in an aquarium. A necessary item in an aquarium is filter pump, it not only removes dirt from water, but also provides oxygen to it.
Also immediately need to install in the aquarium heater, equipped with a thermostat in it. It sets the optimum temperature for water, it is 24 degrees, the heater will maintain it automatically.
Very often, aquariums are sold with fluorescent lamps already built into their covers, but if they are not there, you should also purchase light source, it is not as important for fish as it is for photosynthesis of plants, and this process contributes to the release of oxygen for fish.
These items – that’s all you need to keep a small aquarium with fish.
After all the necessary conditions for the minimum arrangement of the aquarium and the initial ecosystem are created, you can run the fish into it.
BRIEF INSTRUCTIONS AQUARIUM INSTALLATION
By purchasing the first aquarium and creating your underwater kingdom, you unwittingly touched by the mistakes made, incidents and incidents.
What I lacked at that stage was step-by-step brief instructions. After all, I simply did not want to read a whole book or a bunch of Internet articles about the first launch of an aquarium, because there was one “zombie thought” in my head – tomorrow the aquarium should earn!
I HOPE THIS INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE USEFUL FOR YOU, UNDERSTANDING SPEED AND GIVE STEP-BY-STEP ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS: HOW TO BUY AN AQUARIUM? I WANT AQUARIUM WITH WHAT TO BEGIN?
HOW TO RUN THE AQUARIUM?
OK, GET ON …
1. Determine where the aquarium will stand?
– it is better to place the aquarium in a dark corner so that direct sunlight does not fall on it (from them in the aquarium you can get algae uncontrollable, sunlight creates glare on the glass).
– consider how the power supply will be suitable for the aquarium (for connecting: lighting, filter, aeration, heater).
– if you decide to put the aquarium is not special. stand, but on the furniture you already have, or you want to build an aquarium in a furniture niche – be sure to consider the weight of the aquarium with water so that it does not fall under its weight. The surface must be durable.
– If you have small children, think about their safety and the safety of aquarium inhabitants from children. Children’s access to the aquarium and its equipment should be limited (the principle – “look, but don’t touch”).
2. Pre-dial tap water for sludge.
– this should be done at least a day before landing the fish. The presence of dissolved oxygen in tap water can kill fish.
Although in practice everything can do, especially if you use special tools to improve the composition of the water (for example, Aquaceave from the Tetra series). But it is better not to risk, especially for the first time.
Remember, an aquarium for beginners – the first launch of an aquarium should be carried out “according to a template”, later being experienced you can experiment, for example, if the volume of the aquarium is large and there is no place to defend the water, you can fill the installed aquarium with tap water and defend it, at least 1 day. With this method, need / desirable “Aquaseiv.”
3. Now we run to the pet store and:
– buy a pre-looked aquarium (corresponding to the selected location).
– filter and aeration (must correspond to the volume of the aquarium).
– choose the soil and decor (artificial plants, stones, castles, snags, etc.).
– if it’s winter, you still need an aqua heater.
4. We proceed to the step-by-step installation of the aquarium:
– level the surface special furniture or furniture on which there will be an aquarium. To do this, buy the simplest water building level ($ 3 – then it will still come in handy on the farm). The fact is that aquarium water creates pressure on the walls of the aquarium.
And any even a small angle of inclination creates a very tangible pressure on a separate wall (the pressure will not be uniform). From what the aquarium can “burst”.
Level the surface as carefully as possible. Only small deviations are allowed.
For small aquariums – up to 35 litas, leveling the surface is not necessary.
– we establish an aquarium on a surface. A polyethylene bubble pad (usually sold with an aquarium) is laid between the aquarium and the surface.
Ensure that the edges of the aquarium do not hang from the pedestal or furniture.
– now pour out and distribute the soil in the aquarium. It is advisable to wash it in advance after the pet store, thereby getting rid of excess dust and dirt.
– set the decor.
5. Fill the aquarium with separated water.
Not an easy job I can tell you, especially if the volume of the aquarium from 100l. (10 buckets).
Water is poured gently / slowly.
In order not to wash away the soil and not to scatter the scenery, I recommend to put some dishes or a can on the bottom. Directing a stream of water on the can, the water will spray and your decor and the soil will remain intact.
Fill the aquarium up to the top leaving, approximately, 5-7 cm from the edge.
6. Install filtering and aeration, run.
7. Now we run to the pet store again and buy long-awaited fish, snails, live plants … don’t forget to buy food (preferably wait at least seven days with this, the water should at least “infuse”, aquarium chemistry accelerates this process: AquaSafe, Baktozim , Tetra NitratMinus Perls other).
8. Release the fish in your tank.
The package with the fish is lowered first into the aquarium water, a little scooped into the package of water and kept in the aquarium for about 15 minutes (for adaptation). Then turn the bag over and release the fish.
In the future, all you need is attention and care for your pets.
And with them will gradually come experience!
Useful video about installing and running an aquarium
I hope my article was useful for you and your desire “I want to start an aquarium” has only increased. In parting, I want to say – do not be afraid and do not hesitate! Get an aquarium! Aquarium is great, and caring for it is much easier than for cats and especially for dogs)))
Dear newcomer of the aquarium world and a young aquarist, I recommend that you also read the following articles:
LAUNCH OF AQUARIUM
Aquarium for beginners
Buying, purchasing and transplanting fish
Compatibility of aquarium fish selection and selection rules
AQUARIUM WATER: Part 1
List of all aquarium fish (A.)
List of all aquarium plants (AO)
I WANT TO GO TO FISH: how to equip the first beautiful aquarium.
WHAT IS NECESSARY TO THE AQUARIUM: what to consider when choosing an aquarium and which fish to buy?
The most unpretentious aquarium fish, the smallest aquarium fish. Top 10 is not difficult fish! Category: Aquarium Articles / EQUIPMENT AND FACILITY AQUARIUM | Views: 28 727 | Date: 03/05/2013, 13:46 | Comments (2) We also recommend reading:
- – Aquarium and fish for children: tips for parents!
- – Hilodonellosis treatment
- – Aquarium at work and in the office
- – Compatibility of aquarium fish with other fish
- – Inventory and accessories for aquarium