maintenance, care, compatibility
Due to the peaceful nature of pets, you should think about the possibility of keeping them separate from other fish, but if you still want to make an aquarium with many types of fish, carefully select your neighbors. They in no case can not be planted to predators.
Guppies get along well with some catfish, gouras, tetras, battles and some species of haracin fish, and corridors will do. But in practice it has been proved that even among them there are snooty individuals who strive to offend guppies.
The most popular options are:
- Angelfish. Most novice aquarists believe that this option is the most optimal. In fact, he is successful until the angelfish grows up. Therefore, the belief that fearful scalars are harmless is fundamentally wrong. However, there are cases when they peacefully get along with each other in huge aquariums.
- Swordtails. These fish are not the most suitable option, since adult Swordtails often bite their neighbors and eat their offspring. You can plant them together only if you have taken care to grow dense thickets of plants in which both fry and adult fish will be able to find shelter.
- Barbusses. Barbusses are dangerous for beautiful guppy fins. Because the bright colors attract the attention of this fish, and they tend to bite guppies. Pay attention to other fish that will not be so aggressive.
- Goldfish. This option is strictly prohibited. A goldfish can bring a small guppy to death, so consider other options.
Therefore, be careful with your neighbors for such tender and defenseless fishes. Leave the stereotypes and carefully study the approach, both to the owners of the aquarium and to their neighbors. Guppies get along well with peace-loving fish, but categorically do not accept fighters.
Be attentive to the behavior of all pets. If you notice aggression from the other fish during feeding, you should try to increase the dose of food.
It is hunger or lack of free space that can make ideal neighbors the worst enemies, leading to injury and stress. Choosing neighbors, read as much information as possible and consult with other breeders about whether new inhabitants will not eat the fry of the viviparous guppy.
Compatibility issue Goldfish (Carassius) on the one hand, it is rather simple, but on the other it is complicated, and this is due to a number of specific nuances that are characteristic of this particular family of aquarium fish.
I think this topic should start with the fact that ALL BREEDS OF GOLDEN FISHES were obtained as a result of millennial selection. Therefore, the Voilehvost, Orandy, Telescopes, Shubunkins and others are artificially bred breeds, which, in fact, were obtained from one ancestor – silver carp.
Therefore, if we talk about the intraspecific compatibility of Goldfish, that is, the possibility of sharing, for example, telescopes and koi carps in an aquarium or a pond, then this coexistence takes place – all types of Goldfish are absolutely compatible with each other. But, HERE THERE ARE ONE BUT! Since all the Scrofula are from the same tribe, they are in the same reservoir, they will interbreed with each other, as a result of which “bastards” will turn out, or if you want mutants, outbred hybrids.
Taking into account the experiments, such a joint residence leads to degeneration and the transformation of the fish back into a crucian.
Therefore, if you plan to get offspring and breed Goldfish, then their species content in the general body of water – PROHIBITED!
Before the discussion, the specific compatibility of Goldfish with other fish. It should be noted that Goldfish are large, slow, slow-moving fish. And this specifics should definitely be fat.
For example, if you keep a Veilhvostov in a small aquarium with others, be it the most peaceful fish, all the same, over time, the fish will die, since the lack of free space – standards of maintenance, will do its job and the fish will simply “gnaw”.
In addition, when discussing the compatibility of any species of fish, it should be borne in mind that a single fish taken has its own character. In this connection, even observing all aquarium compatibility rules, At the output, you can get a negative result.
In order to maximize this factor, it is always recommended to plant different fish with young and at the same time, rather than gradually add new ones to old ones.
Now let’s look at the compatibility of Goldfish with specific species of other fish.
Goldfish and Cichlids: Astronotus, Angelfish, Discus, Akara, Apistograms, Parrots, Tsikhlazymy: diamond, black-striped, Severum and other cichlids.
Such a union, alas, is not possible. All the fish of the cichlid family are aggressive and will not give life to the golden fish.
Astronotus generally perceives Gold as a good live snack.
Therefore, to keep them together is strictly contraindicated, even with small cilida.
Somehow, I tried to combine veil eyelids with Goldfish, but alas, they had to be planted in the future. Despite the fact that the veil scalars are slow and somewhat similar to gold, all the same, after a couple of days, races began throughout the aquarium.
So, I recommend not experimenting – this is wasted time and money!
Goldfish and Tetras: neons, minors, ternistus, pulcher, lanterns, glass tetras, congo and other characteristic fish.
Here the situation is fundamentally opposite. All tetras are so peaceful fish that their union with Goldfish will be a wonderful variety of fish in your aquarium. One, but.
When Goldfish grow up, they can burst into small tetras, so it is better to take “large” Kharacin fishes, such as ternets or Congo, for Zolotuha.
Goldfish and Labyrinth: all gourami, lyalius, macrapods dr.
I do not even know what to say to you. On the one hand, they are compatible, but on the other hand they are not.
This is due to the fact that the labyrinth, in particular gourami, very unpredictable fish and each individual gourami has its own character.
So that it is clear, I will give an example from my experience. A long time ago, when I started my first aquarium of 35 liters and stuffed a bunch of fish there, including two marble gouramies, the latter were like mice, did not touch anyone and coexisted peacefully in the “little hostel”.
But when one day I planted another blue gourae into a large aquarium, he made such a riot that it was bad even for small cichlid. I had to take her back to the pet store.
At the same time, lyalius – these are scared fish, I have no experience, but I think that it will be bad for them with Goldfish.
In view of the above, the coexistence of Gold with Labyrinths is a confusion, so this neighborhood is not recommended.
Goldfish and Aquarium Catfish, other bottom fish: corridors (speckled catfish), antsistrusy (catfish sucker), fighting, akantoftalmusy, green catfish brochis, tarakatumy and others.
In general, there is 100% compatibility. I draw your attention, only that not all somas are very peaceful. For example, Botsia Modest or Bai are somiers who can bite.
Or, for example, ancistrus at night can easily stick to sleeping Goldfish, from which the latter will look like plucked hens.
Otherwise, everything is OK! Moreover, all aquarium catfish are good helpers in the fight with poop from Goldfish.
Provide an aquarium bottom to the catfish and the frequency of the aquarium floor siphon will decrease.
Goldfish and carp: barbusses, danios and others.
It should always be remembered that Goldfish are slow and any neighborhood with nimble fish, and even more so those who can pluck them is not desirable. I do not see anything criminal in the joint content of danios and goldfish, but I do not recommend barbs.
Sumatrans easily bite Golden.
Goldfish and pezillium, viviparous fishes: guppies, swordtails, mollies and others.
I read somewhere that guppies can attack and bite off Goldfish! But, something I can not believe in these stories.
I can’t even imagine how this gopeshka will be able to covet on a big Golden Fish, unless they attack the crowd))).
I admit honestly, I don’t have any experience in keeping live beetles and Goldfish. And in general, it is somehow not solid to keep golden aksakals of the aquarium world and unpretentious live-bearers together.
And I also want to offer you such a topic as Compatibility of Goldfish and aquarium plants.
Who started up Goldfish knows that this issue is acute, as the Golden family well just loves plant food. To avoid the disgustingly plucked aquarium plants, I give my Golden twice-weekly grown duckweed from another aquarium.
It is also possible to recommend to keep Goldfish with aquarium plants that will be too tough for Goldfish: Anubiases, microsoriums, cryptocorynes, as well as mosses.
For more on this, see this article – FISHING EATING PLANTS WHAT TO DO?
Summing up, it should be said that, nevertheless, Goldfish are fish intended for a specific aquarium that require special, special attention. Moreover, the cost of these fish is quite high, they are long-lived compared to other inhabitants of the aquarium and therefore it would be a shame to lose such a fish due to the fact that some five-kopek antsistrus did not let her sleep at night.
Aquarium fish compatibility video
Ternesia: content, compatibility, breeding, photo-video review
Thorns is a small, popular dark silver fish. It can be found in any pet store and in many home aquarium.
Its unpretentious content, ease of breeding, peaceful nature – deserves the attention of aquarists beginners.
Latin name: Gymnocorymbus ternetzi
Synonyms: Black, mourning
In English: Black skirt tetra, Black Widow tetra, Black tetra.
Order, family: Characteristic.
Comfortable water temperature: 21 – 24 p.
Ph acidity: 5.7 – 7.0.
Rigidity: up to 6-16 °.
Aggressiveness: not aggressive 20%.
The complexity of the content: easy
Compatibility: The terntions calmly get along with all non-large and non-aggressive fish, such as: gourami, scalars, large tetras, sword-bearers, danios, corrido-dogs, sac-haired catfish and others.
Not compatible: It is not recommended to take them to the “veil” fish, slow and frankly small fish. It is not recommended to contain them with neons, guppies and other bipod.
At the same time, the terntions are not compatible with large and territorial cichlids: tsikhlazomy, astronotus, with other predatory fish. It is noticed that when keeping a terence in a flock, they can bite each other.
See article compatibility of aquarium fish.
How many live: Life by aquarium standards is short-lasting, with good conditions of detention can live up to 6 years. On average, live 3-4 years.
Find out how much other fish live HERE!
The minimum volume of the aquarium: Thorns can be maintained even in an aquarium from 10 liters, in such an aquarium you can put 1 well, a maximum of two fish. However, they are schooling fish and therefore it is better to keep them in a group of 35 liters in a tank.
About how much you can keep fish in X liters of aquarium, see HERE (at the bottom of the article there are links to aquariums of all volumes).
Fish do not need supernatural conditions of detention. Observance of optimal parameters of aquarium water is the key to their well-being. However, it is worth remembering that:
– Be sure to need aeration and filtration, weekly replacement of up to 1/4 of the volume of aquarium water. If you change the water to them less often than once a week, nothing terrible will happen, the fish are hardy and adapt to any conditions.
And if you have a large aquarium, then the water for terntion can be changed once a month.
– Fish need free space for swimming, if you have a small aquarium, it is better not to densely populate it with plants and select swimming areas.
– Aquarium decoration, can be any: snags, stones, grottoes and other decorations. But since the fishes have a dark color, it is better to decorate the back wall of the aquarium with a lighter background, the ground is also not black.
Shelters (grottoes, caves) are absolutely unnecessary for ternations, sometimes they hide only in the thickets of plants.
Omnivorous – not whimsical in food, not prone to overeating. With pleasure they eat live, dry food, substitutes. Live and frozen food (bloodworm, artemia, daphnia, etc.) – adore.
Food is taken by fish mainly in the middle layer of water. Fallen to the bottom of the food will also be eaten.
Feeding aquarium fish should be correct: balanced, varied. This fundamental rule is the key to successful keeping of any fish, be it guppies or astronotuses.
Article “How and how much to feed aquarium fish” talks in detail about this, it outlines the basic principles of the diet and feeding regime of fish.
In this article, we note the most important thing – feeding fish should not be monotonous; both dry and live food should be included in the diet. In addition, you need to take into account the gastronomic preferences of a particular fish and, depending on this, include in its diet ration either with the highest protein content or vice versa with vegetable ingredients.
Popular and popular feed for fish, of course, are dry food. For example, hourly and everywhere can be found on the aquarium shelves of food company “Tetra” – the leader of the Russian market, in fact, the range of feeds of this company is striking.
In the “gastronomic arsenal” of Tetra are included as individual feeds for a certain type of fish: for goldfish, for cichlids, for loricarids, guppies, labyrinths, arovan, discus, etc. Also, Tetra has developed specialized foods, for example, for enhancing color, fortified or for feeding fry.
Detailed information on all Tetra feeds, you can find on the official website of the company – here.
It should be noted that when buying any dry food, you should pay attention to the date of its production and shelf life, try not to buy food by weight, and also keep the food in a closed state – this will help avoid the development of pathogenic flora in it.
In nature, live:
Area – Brazil, Bolivia: the river Mato Grosso, Rio Paraguay, Rio Negro. They live in ponds with dense vegetation, which is why, if the home aquarium allows, it is better to decorate it with live aquarium plants, and in the center to provide an area for free swimming.
The body of the termination is flat, the color is silver-striped – 3 black stripes are located across the body. One of the bands passes through the eye. Fins, except anal – transparent.
Anal fin – black fan-shaped. The length of the terration is 4–5 cm.
Females are larger and wider than males, with a fuller belly.
Fish energetic, mobile, schooling. Shy of fear, they can turn pale and hide in a secluded place.
In addition to the terns with a natural color – silver-black, in my lifetime I met a selection veil shape and color variants of gold (white) and pink (caramel) ternets. Here they are in the photo.
Veil Throne Gold Thistle
And of course, the well-known trend of Glo-fish has not bypassed these fish for many.
Glofish – These are genetically modified fluorescent fish.
The first fish that have been mutated is Danio rerio. As a result of experiments received fish with red, green and orange fluorescent color, which becomes brighter and more intense with ultraviolet light.
In 2011 genome-modified ternation was derived
A bit of history:
Europe, thorns appeared in 1933, and were introduced to Russia in 1946.
Described by the Belgian-British zoologist and ichthyologist George Albert Boulinger (Boulenger) in 1895.
Cardinal fish: content, compatibility, photo-video review
Let’s look at what kind of fish can live with scalars in an aquarium?
- SomicsPractically all get along with these calm and sluggish fishes. Somiks are bottom dwellers, the angelfish simply will not notice them, since they absolutely do not care for the aquarium bottom. These fish live well together in the aquarium.
- CichlidsAlthough they belong to the same species, the ideal symbiosis is not always obtained. It would seem, relatives, what should they share? But the thing is that in contrast to the scalar, other representatives are more nimble and more aggressive. Most often, fights occur because of a place at the trough. There is a high probability of a certain confrontation between stronger fish from different schools in the aquarium.
- Barbusses.Very often it is advised to move the barbs. This is quite justified, they live well together. But there are several points: the temper of the barbs is significantly different, they are more active, they can easily leave scalar without lunch. Also because of their activity, these fish can offend calmer cichlids, and sometimes even manage to bite off their fins. Therefore, when you obselenie need to carefully observe their behavior.
- Gourami.These fish are also quite large in size and, together with the scalars, create a beautiful composition in the general aquarium. But you need to settle them together from the young age, then problems should not arise. Otherwise, you can not count the representatives of both species.
- Danio.It is believed that danios can easily coexist with scalars. Yes, it is possible. But it is possible that in the absence of light, scalaries can easily open up a hunt for them with the purpose of eating. Although danios are not that simple either. If this happens, they develop a reflex, and with the onset of the night the fish in the aquarium hide closer to the bottom.
See how the pink angelfish and danios get along together perfectly.
- PequillyExcellent live in the same aquarium. Angelfish more often than not just notice the representatives of this species. Therefore, these fish will be excellent neighbors.
- The irisFully compatible, when taken into account, if they grow with scalars since childhood. Although sometimes you can miss a pair of iris in an aquarium.
- GuppyWith varieties of guppies, scalars can get along, but they can – not. If they are lodged together with fry, then most likely they will be quite comfortable. But of course, newborn fry will be eaten by angelfish. But it is worth remembering that adult guppies are also sinning this way, so this is not an indicator for separate coexistence in an aquarium.
- NeonsThey can live together, since neons live mainly on the bottom, for cichlids they are invisible, but if they often catch the eye, then these predators can easily get a grudge like very small fish.
- Labo and tetras.It is believed that the union is quite possible if these little fish have grown together.
- Pseudotropheus.In practice, they showed good livability with scalars, but nevertheless there were cases when pseudo-feitas gnawed fins on other fish. So you need to observe their behavior in the aquarium.
What kind of fish do angelfish live with: angelfish and guppy
Any pet shop consultant will politely remind customers about the compatibility of the fish. After all, for example, before you start a cat or a dog, a breeder asks a compatibility question – how will a new animal join the team, can it easily exist with other animals? The same applies to aquarium fish.
Before letting different types of fish into an aquarium, you need to weigh the pros and cons thoroughly.
So, can guppies and scalar live in the same aquarium? The scalar from the cichlid family is considered shy creatures, although sometimes they are capable of aggressive actions.
What fish do the angelfish live with? With barbs, iris, danios, gourami, catfish, wyunas, swordtails, amano shrimps, viviparous mollusks, etc.
Guppies are small fishes. They can live in peace with the scalars, but only if the latter are still very young. When it is time to grow up, predatory instincts can awaken to the scalar.
Then the breeders, not counting the guppies, wondered in surprise – where did the kids go? And they were actually eaten by scalars.
So the stereotype about a peaceful and shy fish is destroyed.
Who do the scalar get on with? What fish do the angelfish live with?
The mysterious world of the aquarium attracts many people. How wonderful after work to sit and watch the unhurried flow of life of its inhabitants.
To avoid dramas in the blue waters, you need to carefully consider the choice of fish, today we will talk about who the scalar gets on with.