Caring for aquarium fish – the whole science. At first glance, it is impossible to remember all the conditions and requirements for the content, it is difficult to find the means to purchase a huge aquarium and expensive equipment for it and time to prepare special feeds and regularly test the water. But there are fish that will forgive the newcomer for his inexperience and possible mistakes, and caring for them will not require huge material and temporary resources from him.
About these simple to care, tenacious and unpretentious inhabitants of the aquarium and will be discussed.
The birth of offspring is characteristic for the live beetle without laying off caviar. They differ from the endurance by endurance and unpretentiousness.
Most species are suitable for beginners.
Guppy – ranks first among the most unpretentious fish aquarium. The fishes are rather small in size.
Females have a silver-gray color. But the males shine with their variety of colors. Guppy viviparous fish.
The female produces almost fully life-sized fry. Young feed on small plankton and chopped fish food. If the owner does not plan to breed fish, he can only buy male individuals.
They get along well together, and their lifespan will grow. For ten individuals, an aquarium of at least 20-25 liters is required.
These fish are also very popular because of their unpretentiousness and decoration. In captivity, the maximum length of males is 11 cm, and females – 12 cm.
They owe their name to the long process on the lower fin of males, which resembles a sword. These fish can have various colors, they are yellow, white, green, black, spotted and red, and the most common color is considered to be red with a black tail fin. active, therefore, the more space they have, the more comfortable they will feel, a 35-liter aquarium will suit for keeping one male, but a larger volume of water is always welcome.
With regard to water quality, it should be with an average pH of 6.8-7.8, with an average hardness, and its temperature should be within + 23-25 ° C.
Important! Experienced aquarists recommend starting one male swordtail and 2-3 females.
The presence of 2 males in the same territory leads to conflicts.
You can feed the Swordtails with any kind of food: live, vegetable, frozen and dry. It all depends on what is more convenient for you, because these fish are absolutely not picky about food.
Since the males of the Swordsmen have a changeable character and can sometimes behave aggressively, it is better to plan their neighborhood correctly in a common aquarium. They will surely get along with such fish as guppies, gourami, scalar, mollies and neons.
Unlike guppies and swordtails, fish are more demanding in terms of water temperature stability. Otherwise, they also show the highest resilience. Hygiene forms of mollienesis with veil fins are whimsical.
They are not recommended for beginners, as for them the parameters of water matter. Viviparous fishes are attractive externally and if you want to really populate a home water body only by them.
It will not yield to a more sophisticated aquarium in terms of beauty, but it will be much easier to care for.
Pequilly – quite fruitful and viviparous fish. Most often it has a golden-red-orange color. Although in recent years, more and more often, aquarium species have acquired coloring in various colors.
The fish perfectly tolerates the hardness of the water (of course you just can’t pour water from under the tap) and a small amount of oxygen. Fish feeds mainly with special food.
Enough to feed once a day. Fish have an extremely calm and peace-loving character.
Popular inhabitants of freshwater aquariums. Decorative natives of the carp family are bred selectively and are known for their diverse appearance and adaptation to the conditions of an artificial reservoir.
The size of barbs does not exceed 10 cm. Energetic schooling fish are dangerous for small neighbors with long fins. They live in a spacious aquarium with similar temperamental neighbors.
The most unpretentious aquarium fish – Sumatran barb and cherry.
Danio have quite ordinary appearance, but they captivate with their activity and swiftness. The schooling fish, but does not require a lot of space, 8-10 individuals will be perfectly able to live in a twenty-liter aquarium.
Small and at first glance, not the most elegant pets have bright fins. This is the most unpretentious fish for the aquarium without heating.
As well as the previous type, they are kept in flocks from 6 pieces. The nature of the fish is peaceful and they live without problems with other small peace-loving fish.
Cardinals simply multiply. They enliven the home pond and are valued not only by beginners, but also by professionals.
These atmospheric air-breathing fish are the largest of all undemanding. They do not need to conduct additional aeration of water, since they do not receive oxygen from it.
It is important that there is space between the aquarium lid and the water, so that the pets can take a breath of air.
They have a very good regeneration ability, they can quickly restore damaged fins.
Their disadvantage is an aggressive, fighting character: the males are completely intolerant of the males of their own species, and in some cases they can attack other species of fish, especially the macropods.
Aquarium fish up to 10 cm in length with a memorable appearance. Known as paradise fish.
The tail fin is distinguished by its large size and pointed form. Scales shimmer in the light, giving shine.
Aggressive and cruel, while caring parents.
Beautiful and unpretentious fish with a difficult character, because of the aggressive behavior of the males, they got their name. Their size is very tiny, the length does not exceed 5 cm.
Now there is an incredible number of variations in the colors of these aquarium dwellers that appeared during breeding, and initially the cockerels were silver or olive.
Even a 5-liter aquarium will be suitable for keeping one male, and if we are talking about a small group, we will need more space, especially since it is not recommended to keep 2 or 3 males in one, and even a small area, because of their aggressive nature . These fish are thermophilic, so it is important to maintain the temperature of the water in the aquarium so that it varies between + 24-28 ° C.
Water should be of medium hardness, 6.0 – 7.0 pH. In order for the males to be comfortable, one should equip an aquarium so that it has many large-leaved plants, but by no means aquatic.
It is also worth taking care of good lighting.
They feed live and inanimate feeds on males, they may include bloodworms, tubers, daphnias, shrimp, beef or minced fish, zooplankton, and snails. It is worth noting that these fish are prone to obesity, so overfeeding them is not recommended.
The best neighbors in the aquarium for them will be small fast fish, but the content with any tails and predators should be avoided.
These include such popular species as ternets, neons, various tetras: copper, firefly, rhodostomus. Small, very charming schooling fish with interesting colors, red and golden spots, glowing neon stripes.
In ternation, the color is not bright, but its albino form was learned to dye artificially, receiving multi-colored fishes, called caramels.
The mentioned representatives of the haratsin ones are capable of living in small aquariums, however they are more demanding in terms of conditions. In particular, they prefer soft, acidic water and do not like massive changes, so the water for the aquarium is better to peat and change regularly, but little by little.
In addition, in the aquarium with these fish is very desirable to have live plants.
This is a small dark silver fish, which reaches a length of 4-5 cm. The card of the termination is its body, which is flattened on the sides, which makes it unusual and refined.
She is gregarious and peaceful.
Important! The color of the ternation can vary due to changes in the chemical composition and temperature of the water; the fish can be almost transparent or saturated black.
Due to the fact that these small fish are schooling, they are recommended to be started up by 5-7 pieces, respectively, they need to provide space for moving, for this an aquarium of 50 liters is perfect. Comfortable water temperature for terntion is + 21-24 ° С. Water should be of medium hardness with a pH level of from 6 to 7. It is also necessary to ensure good filtration and aeration. ¼ water needs to be changed every week.
In the diet, ternation is completely unpretentious, they can be fed with plant, animal and dry food.
In the general aquarium, ternetsia get along well with small, non-aggressive fish, for example, with guppies, gouras, scalars and swordtails.
You will need mild and slightly acidic water. Water changes should take place unnoticed.
Neon fish do not need a large aquarium and are kept with peace-loving species. Grow up to 5 cm in length.
Live longer at low temperatures of 18 degrees in a flock of representatives of their own species.
Friendly, contained in a pack of 8-10 individuals. In subdued lighting the color becomes brighter.
The combination of beauty and unpretentiousness makes tetras common among aquarists.
Because of their funny appearance and behavior are very popular with beginners. However, they often lose sight of the fact that rather large catfish grow from the majority of cute little mustaches sold in pet stores.
Torakatumov, plexostomus, pterigoplihtov and antsistrusov in an aquarium with a volume of 30-40 liters to keep absolutely impossible.
An unpretentious pygmy corridor (Corydoras pygmaeus) or its close relative dwarf corridor (Corydoras hastatus, catfish) is well suited for small aquariums. They grow only about 3-4 cm, feel good in a large range of hardness and acidity, do not pay attention to the intensity of lighting, feed on any dry and live food, if only it is small enough and placed in their mouths.
Demanding on temperature only. It should be in the range of 24-26 ° C.
Schooling fish, you must keep them in groups of at least 5-6 pieces.
Another small catfish – ototsinklyus. He also does not need large amounts of water for life, but for him the presence of living plants, vegetable dressing and pure water with a low content of nitrates are necessary.
All these catfish are peaceful and can get along with any fish that will not offend them.
It is worth starting with the fact that almost all unimportant, aquarium catfish are a priori unpretentious. Moreover, they are the “orderlies of the aquarium world”: they clean the soil and eat the remains of fish.
The corridors are selected from all soms, since in addition to the gill, they also have intestinal respiration, i.e. if aeration stops, they will live for a long time.
The fish are very peaceful, calm. They slowly swim along the bottom in search of food.
In the aquarium they are usually kept in flocks. Fish, do not pose any threat to other inhabitants of the aquarium.
Differs in its unusual mouth-sucker. This catfish does not lie at the bottom, but slides along the walls of the aquarium, devouring algae that have grown from them.
Like other catfish species, ancistrus like to hide in the bottom driftwood.
- Survive the change in water temperature within +20 .. + 28 ° C;
- Get their own food, because they feed on plant food;
- Trouble-free breeding in the general aquarium;
- Relatively harmless to most “neighbors”;
- Term life – 7 years or more.
- Sometimes they drive slow fish, especially gold ones, harming them with their suckers;
- It is impossible to colonize an aquarium with scaly inhabitants;
- They require a large “living space”, from which they feed at least 80 liters for each pair of antsistrus.
Some of these fish do not like because of the repulsive appearance. But catfish are of great benefit, so novice should not refuse to share them in the general aquarium.
You also have less work with cleaning.
If a novice aquarist is immediately serious and ready to spend time on caring for an aquarium and studying special literature, you can recommend him to buy the most simple cichlids – the angelfish and black-striped chichlases. These species need a sufficiently large amount of water (at least 100 liters per pair) and careful selection of neighbors, but otherwise they are not too demanding.
Angelfish are very beautiful and unusual, popular among experienced aquarists, and among beginners. In nature, they are camouflaged, with black streaks along the silvery body.
Although there are changes there, fish without bands, completely black and other options. But, it is precisely this tendency to change that aquarists use to bring out new, brighter views.
Now many different types are displayed: black, marble, blue, koi, green angel, red devil, marble, diamond and others.
Black-striped tsikhlasoma – one of the most popular fish of the family tsikhlazom. These are relatively small, unpretentious in keeping fish, possessing a beautiful, sophisticated body color and what is important, unlike many cichlids, have a more relaxed character.
Black-striped tsikhlazomy not very large cichlids, for their content will be the best aquarium of 100 liters. for a couple. However, there are cases of keeping black-striped and in the aquarium 50l.
In such an aquarium, the fish will not be comfortable, they will not grow, and the breeding process will be questionable.
When planting unpretentious fish, it is necessary to take into account the fact that there are principles for settling an aquarium, which allow you to avoid most problems. These rules when choosing fish are recommended to consider:
- Compatibility of species – before buying, they clarify whether the settlement of fish is possible and whether they will not oppress each other;
- species similarity – it is optimal to populate representatives of close species in an aquarium. It will be easier for them to create ideal conditions due to the similarity of requirements;
- size – it is necessary to calculate the permissible number of inhabitants according to their maximum size, and not which is available at the time of purchase;
- schooling – small schooling fish, and you can not buy them a pair or one by one.
Properly choosing pets, get a luxurious pond with a minimum of hassle, but be sure to remember that both difficult-to-keep fish and aquarium fish are unpretentious – they all require attention and love for yourself.
Settle similar in character aquarium inhabitants. You can not put predators and aggressive large fish with small peaceful species. Even calm big inhabitants can inadvertently eat small ones.
Moving schooling fish will be bad neighbors for calm and sluggish species.
Universal rules for quantifying:
- The population of the aquarium is selected based on the net volume of water. 10–15% of the space spent on decorations, plants and soil are not taken into account.
- Large fish settle in a spacious aquarium. For small mobile and packer need a capacity of 40 liters.
- The calculation is conducted from oxygen exchange. If there are plants and additional sources of oxygen, then the number of inhabitants of the aquarium increases. To dissolve oxygen, the water temperature rises. Overcrowding is indicated by the concentration of fish near the surface, even with good aeration.
- The larger the fish, the more waste it produces. To determine the allowable number of inhabitants, measure the level of nitrogen compounds and impurities in the water. Tests for water are purchased at pet stores.
- In the aquarium raznopolom the number of females is 2-3 times more males.
These recommendations do not take into account the characteristics of individual representatives. Each aquarist must choose the number of fish himself, watching the behavior of the wards and creating the maximum level of comfort for them.
- In an aquarium on 10 liters contain 4 guppies, cardinals or neons.
- For a flock of 4 danios, a pair of gourami or laliusov, a 20-liter capacity is enough.
- A flock of cherry or four-strip barbs can be settled in a 40-liter reservoir.
- On one cock – 2 liters of water.
- A pair of angelfish, black-striped tsiklazom or large gourami need an aquarium from 100 liters.
- Two small gourami settle in a 20-liter vessel.
- When settling catfish, the rest of the neighbors are often not taken into account, as the habitat occurs at different levels: the catfish stay at the bottom, and the rest inhabit the middle and upper tier.
- Did the child persuade him to buy an aquarium? First of all, start it with mollies or swordtails – it’s easy to take care of them.
- Guppies are suitable for the first experience, but only the cheapest and “purebred” – bright imported fish die more often after replanting.
- Do you want a round classic aquarium with a minimum of inhabitants? Then buy a golden tail fish.
- If you prefer active pets that are fun to watch, you can stop at danios.
- In a large aquarium, which simultaneously plays the role of interior decoration, it is better to keep the chick-eye. But it is not worthwhile to add other fish to them.
- In a small room, a tall, flat aquarium with scalars will look just as beautiful.
- If you often leave the house for a few days or do not have time to thoroughly care for the aquarium, it is better to stop at the representatives of the labyrinth family. Gourami and cockerels will be able to live even in polluted water.
- Whatever fish you choose, do not forget to get yourself catfish-sweepers to help you. For beginners, the corridor and the ancistrus will be the best choice.
If you liked the video – share with friends: