The maintenance of an aquarium is a rather difficult undertaking, requiring a considerable investment of time and money. But if you choose suitable inhabitants for it, you can significantly simplify the whole process and make it as pleasant as possible.
This will help unpretentious care in aquarium fish. They do not require special conditions of detention and they are easy to care for.
Unpretentious care aquarium fish will be able to survive small fluctuations in temperature and lack of food for many days.
Before choosing unpretentious small fish for an aquarium, it is necessary to study in detail councils of professional aquarists. They will help beginners to choose aquatic inhabitants who do not deliver a lot of trouble when leaving. Aquarium lovers advise:
- Freshwater inhabitants living in a tropical and subtropical climate will be the best choice for a novice aquarist.
- When buying fish in a pet store, you should pay attention to the absence of damage on the body and signs of illness (loss of scales, stratification of fins, etc.).
- It is best to buy fry. By their behavior, you can immediately understand the health and general condition of the individual. For a small aquarium, from 5 to 7 fish of one species will suffice.
- When choosing aquarium fish should pay attention to their features. Some species do not get along well, they can injure each other or even kill.
- Populating the fish in one aquarium, you need to take into account their requirements for temperature, composition and water hardness.
- It is important not to overcrowd the aquarium, as water pets need free space for a comfortable life and breeding.
- In the aquarium you need to settle the fish that live in different layers of water (upper, middle, near-bottom).
If you liked the video – share with friends:
During many years of observation, aquarists have identified the most unpretentious aquarium fish. For a small aquarium it is best to choose 2 or 3 types of such inhabitants.
So they can feel comfortable and will not harm each other.
These representatives of the fauna are known to everyone who has ever seen an aquarium. They look beautiful and have a peace-loving character.
Because of this, guppies have become popular not only in beginner aquariums, but also among experienced amateurs of this hobby.
Guppies are unpretentious and do not require special conditions of detention and feeding. Males of this species are much more beautiful than females, as they have a beautiful tail, which can be painted in various shades. Guppies are less attractive.
They have an ordinary tail and silver-colored scales. As a rule, female individuals are 2 times larger than males.
In captivity, guppies live much longer and grow more than in nature.
Guppies are the most enduring aquarium fish that can tolerate even extreme content. To create comfortable conditions for them, it is necessary:
- At least 3 liters of volume for each individual.
- Settle guppies in groups of 6-8 fish.
- Replace about a third of the dirty water with a new one. This is done every 7 days.
- Provide the aquarium with enough vegetation to help filter the water.
- Maintain a water temperature in the range of 18 to 30 degrees above zero.
- Add a little salt. For every 10 liters of water, 1 teaspoon of bulk ingredient is required.
- As a light, use an ordinary desk lamp. The more natural and artificial light guppies receive, the more beautiful their color will be.
Despite the small size of the body, these representatives of the fauna are ready to eat around the clock. They eat any plant food for aquarium fish, as well as live food.
Guppies will not refuse special vitamin supplements that you can easily find at any pet store and buy at the lowest price.
Breeding these hardy fish is not difficult, as they are viviparous. The fry is born completely adapted to independent living and does not require special care.
You can settle guppies with any kind of peaceful fish.
Another type of the most unpretentious fish for a small aquarium are the swordtails. They are much larger than guppies and can reach 12 cm in length. A distinctive feature of this species is a long process on the lower fin.
In form, it resembles a sword and is characteristic only for males.
A characteristic feature of the male swordtail is a peculiar process of the lower part of the caudal fin, resembling a sword.
These aquarium creatures can be of almost any color. The most beautiful and popular are yellow, red, green, white species. Requirements for their content:
- Large space. A pair of swordtails need at least 70 liters. It is best to settle several females to one male.
- Water should be medium hard.
- The temperature of the habitat can vary from 23 to 25 ° C.
Swordtails unpretentious in food and are able to eat any vegetable, as well as live food. In their absence, dry or even frozen foods will do.
Males of this species are distinguished by a difficult character and can poorly transfer the neighborhood with other species. At the same time they are harmless for guppies, mollies, scalar and neons.
This type of aquarium fish is viviparous, so it is perfect for people who are engaged in growing fish for sale. Females of mollies are slightly larger than males (about 1.5-2 centimeters). Optimal conditions:
- For 6-8 individuals, an aquarium of 50 liters will be enough.
- Mollies require weak alkaline water with a constant temperature of at least 25 ° C.
- Weekly it is necessary to change a quarter of the total volume of water to fresh. It is important to preheat it to the aquarium temperature.
- Be sure to carefully filter the water and ensure good aeration in the tank.
Mollies eat almost any kind of feed sold. However, it is very important not to overfeed them and constantly change the diet.
This representative of the aquatic fauna is one of the most peaceful. Individuals never conflict with each other and with other species.
Because of this nature, swordtails can be settled in any artificial reservoir with suitable conditions for them.
If you liked the video – share with friends: