maintenance, care, compatibility
Despite the fact that beauty is a very subjective factor, there is some tendency towards the species preferences of aquarium inhabitants. In other words, some fish appear in houses more often, others are suitable only for some.
These observations allow you to create a list of the most beautiful fish.
Perhaps there is not a single person on earth who will be left indifferent by the huge aquarium filled with beautiful fish. Let not everyone decide to start it at home, but everyone will surely enjoy it.
Today we will talk about the most beautiful and unusual inhabitants of the home reservoir – aquarium fish.
- Scalar common – rather large fish (with fins can reach up to 20 cm in height), which has long been breaking all records of popularity among owners of home aquariums. The colors of these beauties range from silvery to various shades of red with dark stripes.
- Botsiya clown. Another cute whale that lives in the bottom layer of water. The content of this type has its own characteristics. Firstly, they absolutely can not stand loneliness, so you need to keep them in large groups. Secondly, the fighting – the night residents, they are passive during the day, but at night they begin to active. Therefore, you need to feed them in the evening. Thirdly, boats definitely need shelter, so there should be a variety of grottoes and snags in the aquarium.
- Gourami Pearl. In the overgrown with various narrow-leaved plants such spotted fish look particularly impressive. Males gourami larger than females and much brighter painted. If we provide the gurus with suitable conditions, then after a while they will delight with their marriage games.
- Extraordinarily beautiful and vibrant notobranchus able to decorate any aquarium. These unusual fish can be purchased by mail in the form of “dry caviar”. Notobranchuses come from hot Africa, where they live in small puddles formed after rain, which falls only once or twice a year. The life cycle of the notobranchus is short – until the puddle is dry, they manage to hatch from the eggs, grow, put off the eggs, and die. The roe they set aside is so well protected that it quietly waits in the sand of the next rain. By a strange whim of nature, the fishes living in a muddy puddle have extraordinarily beautiful coloring.
- Panak – an unusual representative of the catfish family. The whole appearance of the Panak resembles the most ancient times, when life on Earth was born only on Earth. They feed on plant bloom, which forms on stones and glass, scraping it with the help of a mouth-sucker. When setting up an aquarium for panacs, it should be remembered that there should not be narrow cracks or holes in which panacs could get stuck.
- Hybrid parrots – artificially derived type of aquarium fish, which appeared not so long ago in Southeast Asia, but which has already become incredibly popular. Externally, these fish really look like parrots and head shape, and bright unusual colors. But, unfortunately, the offspring of these bright beauties turns out to be colorless.
- Lionhead cichlid – Another aquarium resident, distinguished by an unusual shape of the head. It got its name because of a cone-shaped growth on the head, giving it a resemblance to a lion.
- Discussion. Bright handsome discus is very quick-witted and friendly, quickly get used to the owner and practically take food from his hands. Although these fish and not cheap, but its beauty and interesting habits more than compensate for the costs of their acquisition.
- Tsikhlazoma severum “Red Pearl”, the so-called false discus is an artificially bred fish, very graceful, one might even say majestic. She has a very peaceful disposition, only in the period of breeding progeny showing nervousness and anxiety.
- Known to any kid from fairy tales gold fish able to decorate an aquarium of any size. There are so many species and hybrid forms of goldfish that it is impossible to enumerate: comets, orandes, telescopes, shubunkins and lionheads are only a small part of the variety. Goldfish have a peaceful disposition and a good appetite, so they often become victims of overfeeding.
The most unpretentious and small aquarium fish with photos
I think many aquarium fish experts will agree that the first place is given to guppes.
Everyone probably knows these fish … even those who have never seen aquariums. We can say that these fish are the fish of all children of the former USSR (they were in all Soviet aquariums))).
The fish is very beautiful and unpretentious. The tail fin is her beauty. The simplicity of the fish is that it can withstand “difficult conditions of detention.”
I happened to see an aquarium with guppies. without aeration, without filtering, without plants, without proper feeding etc. – horror, terrible dream aquarist. Nevertheless, guppies managed not only to survive in such an aquarium, but even tried to multiply. So to mock the fish of course not worth it.
But their endurance and vitality sometimes affects.
GUPPI – THIS IS A SYMBIOSIS: BEAUTY, INSENSITIVENESS AND EASY + SUPPLEMENTS REPLACE ARE “LIKE A KROL” INDEPENDENTLY – YOU WILL ALWAYS BE UPDATED OF “AQUARIUM PAINTS” Read about the GUPPI read more
2nd place Swordtails
A very famous fish, as a result of persistent selection, a large number of swordtails of various colors and shapes were bred. Males differ from females by the presence of a “sword” on the lower edge of the caudal fin.
Swordtails are kept in flocks in a densely planted aquarium. The minimum size of the aquarium from 10 liters (but better is more).
A good volume of aquarium for a small group of swordtails is 50 liters.
An interesting fact about these fish is that the female swordtail can, at some point, become a male, i.e. change the floor. This is due to the struggle for the survival of the species.
HOW AND GUPPI ARE RECOMMENDED, ALL THOSE WHO DO NOT WANT TO DEAD WITH THE AQUARIUM.
Read about swordsmen more in detail here.
3rd place Somiki corridors
It should begin with the fact that all aquarium catfish – a priori unpretentious. Moreover, they are “orderlies of the aquarium world”: they clean the soil and eat the remnants of life activity.
The corridors are chosen from all catfish, since in addition to the gill, they have intestinal respiration, those. if aeration stops, they will live for a long time.
The fish are very peaceful, calm. They slowly swim along the bottom in search of food. In the aquarium they are usually kept in flocks.
Fish, do not pose any threat to other inhabitants of the aquarium.
You can read more about CORRIDORATUS here.
4th place Mollies
Molly, like guppies – viviparous fishes. Unpretentious and tolerant of poor conditions.
Nevertheless, they are more capricious than the “troika of winners”.
Fish suitable for beginners and young aquarists. The fishes most difficult to keep from all members of the family are demanding of their conditions, they do not tolerate low temperatures, some like “salty” water, like bright light, etc.
You can read more about MOLLINESIA here.
5th place Tetras – Harazinki
All tetras are small, brisk, not capricious fishes. However, they will not be able to survive in “Spartan conditions” as guppies.
They need aeration and filtration. You can keep them in an aquarium by a group (from 5 individuals) with a volume of at least 35 liters of water.
You can read more about TETRAH here.
6th place Ternetsii
Very famous little fish. Fish energetic, mobile. Fish get along well with other types of fish.
Somehow my terntions even lived with small cichlids. Recommended aquarium with a volume of at least 30 liters of water, densely planted with plants.
Aeration, filtration – yes!
You can read more about TERNIA here.
7th place Danio (rerio, pink)
Starting from the 5th place TOP, all the fish require unpretentious attention. Tanks are different from them – briskness and speed of movement.
They can coexist with many species of fish, even with fish of medium and increased aggression: scalar, goura and even with small cichlids.
Read more about DANIO here.
8th place Torakatum
One of the famous large catfish of the aquarium world and excellent attendants of the aquarium. Peaceable and unpretentious to the content.
They can be kept in a common aquarium with thickets of plants and a large number of shelters. Fish, do not pose any threat to other inhabitants of the aquarium.
Compatible with all kinds of fish. The neighbors are not recommended only one hundred percent aggressors and predators.
You can read more about TORAKATUM here.
9th place Gourami
Gourami – are medium sized fish. Entered in this TOP due to gill labyrinth – fish do not need aeration, they breathe atmospheric air. Really peaceful fish, but sometimes aggression.
Some individuals taken separately are even very aggressive, as they say, as lucky.You can read more about GURAMs here.
10 place Barbus
Barbusses are schooling, small fish that can stand up for themselves! If you decide to start a barbus, I recommend to allocate for this a separate aquarium, “barbusyatnik.”
“Pirate” temper, the ability to stand up for themselves – deserve 10th place. You can read more about BARBUSH here.
Of course, the above TOP is conditional – always remember the words
Antoine Marie Jean-Baptiste Roger de Saint-Exupery
“We are responsible for those who have tamed”
We also recommend you to look at the colorful brochure “Popular types of aquarium fish”. This brochure contains all popular types of fish, with a description of their conditions of maintenance, compatibility, feeding + photos.
(to view or download, click on the image)
An interesting video about unpretentious and small aquarium fish
Additionally, we invite you to view a large photo collection of small and unpretentious aquarium fish
We considered several main types of aquarium fish living in fresh water. These species are not limited to the whole variety of aquarium fish, but this article already gives a rough idea of how beautiful freshwater fish are.
Whatever fish you choose for your home, be it a shark, a predatory piranha or a peace-loving chainmail catfish, you should always remember about the compatibility of certain species. It’s great when you can stop your tired look at the aquarium and see your pets busily swimming in the water!
|The beauty of the aquarium world – fascinates! That is why many people are addicted to aquarism for life. The variety of aquarium fish is so infinite and variable that sometimes it is difficult to choose the best of the best, most beautiful with beautiful fish.|
I suggest you to pay attention to the most beautiful fish made by TOP and choose an aquarium beauty to your taste and color!
Your thoughts and preferences about Miss Aquarium World rating are very important to us. They will help shape public opinion!
And make this TOP truly popular.
In order not to offend the participants of the topic, we will not assign places (yet) to them, but arrange them in alphabetical order, so …
Trolocks massive and high. Acara’s turquoise color varies from silver to green with turquoise hues. On the gill covers and muzzle are wavy lines of turquoise color, and in the center of the case – an irregularly shaped dark spot.
A wide edging runs along the dorsal and caudal fin.
Body color is variable. The main color is gray to reddish yellow, may be brownish, side with a blue, green or purple shine.
Through the eyes is a black vertical stripe, the same stripes on the forehead and muzzle. The lips are bluish.
On the side, depending on the environmental conditions and the condition of the fish, there may appear a pattern of longitudinal and transverse bands of different saturation.
Danio pink – are small, nimble, pot-bellied beauties. Their flock will give your aquarium a joyful, life-affirming pink mood.
Particularly beautiful fish look on a blue background.
Veiltail can be called – the Queen of Goldfish.
The hem of its fins will look gorgeous in your aquarium.
The voiletail is short, high, rounded egg-shaped body and large eyes. The head is big.
The color of the veil tail is variable – from a monotone golden color to bright red or black.
Well-known, popular and incredibly beautiful, small aquarium fish. The beauty and diversity of the caudal fin – I deserve attention and place in the Topik of the most beautiful fish.
Labyrinth representative of aquarium fish.
Body gourami high, elongated, flattened laterally.The pearl goura color is silver-violet with countless pearl spots (pearls) scattered throughout the body and along the fins.
The goddess of the aquarium world, fascinating for its beauty. But, unfortunately, like all goddesses, very capricious! The body is brown with vertical blue stripes.
The whole body is decorated with numerous blue strokes.
Pelmatohromis or Parrot
Little and beautiful representative of cichlids. Got such a nickname because of the similarity with the parrot bird. Painted fish is very beautiful.
The male has a brownish back, the sides are bluish in color with a tint, the lower abdomen is reddish (especially in females).
Cock, Betta or Boytsovskaya fish
Very, very beautiful fish, its brocade-ryushechnye fins simply admire. The color of the fish is different.
The most common ink color with a reddish tint. Males are colored much brighter, fins are longer than those of females.
But the bright representative of the South American cichlids. Scalar over the hill call – fish angel.
Her elegance will not go unnoticed!
The color of the scalar is diverse: black, white, silver, greenish gray, etc. Four bands run across the body, another band passes through the eye.
This little fish has a beautiful “crown on the head” and a decent color.
Body color is yellow with a blue sheen. The front of the back is reddish-brown. Throat, chest and abdomen golden.
The eyes are crossed by a black transverse strip. The whole fish is covered with iridescent blue, green dots and spots.
The fins are transparent with a red border. Closer to the head with the back fin has a rich black color (crown).
The color of the severum cichlozoma body varies from yellowish-green to dark brown. The scales are covered with yellow, pink or brown specks, which create a pattern on the body.
At first glance, a small black fish. But, if you look closely, it will become clear that this is the “Queen of business style” fish. The head is large, the eyes are large, the lips are thick.
The body and fins of the cychlasma are painted in a grayish-blue gray color. Along the body are 8-9 black stripes.
Additionally, we invite you to view our photo selection
most beautiful freshwater and marine fishes
more than 100 photos
Video with beautiful fish
Gastromizon (Gastromyzon punctulatus) is a small and calm fish that can be more and more ...
Astronotus (Astronotus ocellatus) Agassiz, 1831 The fish with an unusual color has other names, synonyms: ...
Habitat: inhabit the basin of the upper and middle reaches of the Amazon. Keeps in ...
Family: Characteristic (Characidae).Subfamily: Piranha (Serrasalminae).Genus: Metinnis (Metynnis) – in all types of conditions of detention, ...
Synodontis mnogopyatnisty (Synodontis multipunctatus) Boulenger, 1898. Synodontis: from the Greek syn – “together” and odontos, ...
Cychlasoma Severum (Heros efasciatus) Heckel, 1840 Family: Cichlids (Cichlidae) Other names / Synonyms: Severum, Severum ...
Guppy (Poecilia reticulata) – viviparous aquarium fish. Order: Cyprinodontiformes (Cyprinodontiformes).Family: Pecilia (Poeciliidae). They inhabit the ...
Aulonocara (Aulonocara) or otherwise African Akara – freshwater tropical fish belonging to the family of ...
Goldfish (Carassius auratus auratus) Linne, 1758.Carp family (Cyprinidae). The first information about a goldfish was ...
Micro costing measure (Boraras merah) Kottelat (Maurice Kottela), 1991 It belongs to the smallest aquarium ...
Synodontis Eupterus or Vualevy Synodontis (Synodontis eupterus) Boulenger / Bulendzher, 1901 The name comes from ...
Parrot (Cichlasoma sp.) – bright, elegant fish with unusual outlines of the body. The maximum ...
Badis Badis or Fish chameleon (Badis badis) HAMILTON, 1822 The Latin name for the fish ...
Iriaterina Werner – Iriatherina werneri Representatives of the fresh waters of Australia and nearby islands ...
Micro spotting spotted (Boraras maculatus) It was introduced to Europe more than 100 years ago, ...
Scalpel (Pterophyllum scalare) Lichtenstein, 1823.Family Cichl – Cichlidae. Habitat: Inhabit the region of South America, ...
Family: Characteristic (Characidae). Habitats Central Brazil, the basin of the river Rio Guaporé forest forests ...
Eight-bar / 8-bar glass barbus (Eirmotus octozona) SCHULTZ 1959 It was first described by Leonard ...
Iriaterina Werner (Iriatherina werneri) family of iris or melanotinyh – description, necessary parameters of the ...
Neon blue or ordinary (Paracheirodon innesi) Myers, 1936. Refers to the order Cyprinids (Cypriniformes), sub-order ...
Glass catfish (Kryptopterus vitreolus) NG KOTTELAT, 2013. Previously mistakenly identified as (Kryptopterus bicirrhis). Kryptopterus: from ...
Eleotris carpet / Peacock goby (Tateurndina ocellicauda) Nichols / Nichols, 1955 Family Golovoshkovye (Eleotridae). Carpet ...
Pelvicahromis pulcher or Parrot (Pelvicachromis pulcher) – the most beautiful and therefore the most popular ...
Barbus Denison (Puntius denisonii) was first described in 1865, but became known only in 1997 ...