maintenance, care, compatibility
Ternesia (Latin Gymnocorymbus ternetzi) is an unusual aquarium fish, which is well suited for beginners, as it is hardy, undemanding, and very easy to get divorced.
Especially good ternation looks in the general aquarium, as it is active and mobile. However, it can pull the fins of other fish, so you should not keep it with veil forms or with fish that have long fins.
The common termination is a schooling fish and it feels good in the group. It is better to keep in a flock of 7 individuals, and the more there will be them, the better.
Aquariums with dense vegetation, but also free places for swimming, are well suited for maintenance.
In addition to the classic version, now also ternation with veil fins, albinos and caramel are popular. The difference between the caramel termination and the classic one is that this fish is artificially painted in bright colors. However, all these morphs do not differ in content from the classical form.
Only with caramels you need to be careful, after all, interference with nature significantly weakens the fish.
Thorns is a popular aquarium fish. It is beautiful, durable and undemanding, and therefore suitable for beginners.
Fish are often recommended to be settled in a common aquarium. But does termination get along with everyone?
Maintenance and care, nutrition, breeding, compatibility – in this article you will learn all about this fish.
Ternesia is a well-known fish among aquarists. Thermal, with a peaceful character.
Currently, its popularity, unfortunately, has declined slightly. This fish has a flat and high body, something resembling a rhombus, strongly flattened on both sides.
Thorns can grow up to 6 cm in height in natural conditions, in aquariums, as a rule, they are smaller in size. They live with good care for about 4 years, in nature – less, because they are attacked by other fish. The tail fin resembles a fork, the ventral is similar in appearance to a fan for women.
It is curious that young thorns have a richer body color than individuals of old age.
At home, aquarium fish feeds on virtually any food, which is very good for novice aquarists. It can easily be contained in aquarium of different shapes. It is undesirable to let the ternsii into the reservoir, where aquarium fishes with veil fins are already swimming, in order to avoid collisions between individuals.
In the photo, the terns swim in the aquarium alone or with fish similar to them.
This fish has several possible color options:
- Classical. Silver body with two vertical stripes.
- Veil aquarium fish. This species was first bred in European countries. Not often found on sale. The photo is not much different from the classic terntion, the only thing that is difficult to breed.
- Albumin ternetia It is extremely rare, different white, transparent color.
- The most fashionable of this type is termination caramel. It is an artificially bred variety. Why so popular? Thanks to its unusual multicolored artificial color. Difficult to maintain, as derived by chemistry. Mainly imported from Vietnam, where their reproduction is put on stream.
The following conditions must be met at the same time for breeding these inhabitants of aquariums: attaining maturity, which is 8 months old, and a total body length of about 4 cm. Too young or, conversely, too old individuals that are short in size are not suitable for breeding.
We describe how the breeding of fish.
- An aquarium with low walls is taken, with a volume of about 35 +/- 5 liters. The bottom must be covered with plants. For example, moss, mackerel, nitella or others. Next you need to fill the spawning area with fresh water, and its level should not exceed 7 cm. The temperature should be about 25 degrees Celsius. Lighting is allowed natural.
- Wait for about 5 days until the water becomes suitable for planting fish into it.
- As a rule, at first individuals will not be ready to breed. Feel hard on them with bloodworms, watch for the feeding of all the larvae. This is done to ensure that ternatsii were ready for reproduction, females recruited eggs, and males – milt.
- In the process, the males will follow the females. The eggs roasted over the plant layer will be fertilized. About 40 eggs are swept at a time. Over the entire period of spawning – more than 1000 units.
- When spawning is over, the fish must be placed in a free space from the plants. It is necessary to isolate the terntions almost immediately after spawning, since hungry producers can start searching for food by destroying the eggs.
- If it is good to feed a couple of heterosexual individuals, then it is capable of reproduction 4-6 times, interrupted for 2 weeks.
- The incubation period for spawn roe is up to 24 hours, an average of 19 hours. In order to avoid losses among the hatched individuals, it is necessary to bring the water temperature to 27 degrees, as the fish are thermophilic. Small thorns are small in size, they can be seen when it hangs on the glass of a tank with water and plants.
Due to the simplicity in breeding, peaceful disposition and low cost, terntiony became popular with aquarists. Take a closer look at them, even if you are a newcomer to such a thing.
Colored caramel will delight you with its color and decorate your interior.