The most beautiful and interesting fish in the home aquarium is the guppy. Many species of guppies are sold in all pet stores. They are the adornment of any home aquarium and, thanks to their small size, bright various colors and large beautiful tail, these fish create an impressive effect by swimming with spotty flocks near the surface of the water.
Their lifespan can reach three and a half years.
The female is viviparous and does not lay eggs like most fishes, but immediately gives birth to a live fry. It is larger than the male and reaches from 3 to 7 centimeters. You can distinguish it from the male by color, which is not so juicy, and if the female is with caviar, then her belly is enlarged.
In individuals living in nature, transparent and colorless plumage and grayish scales, aquarium breeding species have a more picturesque color.
Males are much smaller than females and in size from 1.5 to 4 centimeters they can be distinguished by a mobile copulative pen, which is called gonopodia and can be with a claw and without it is an organ of reproduction. Purebred males are endowed with a large beautiful and long plumage, and the color is much brighter and more gorgeous than that of a female.
Thanks to such large feathers, his small body seems larger.
In 1886, this breed of fish was brought from Trinidad Island, where the fish live in transparent
fresh water and feed on live food (larvae, splitting mosquitoes, mosquitoes, moths and small insects). In nature, they are much smaller in size, they give birth to live fry.
They belong to the order of carps, the family of petsilievy and have rhombic scales (reticulum) in the form of a grid.
They are found in South America on the islands of Barbados, Trinidad, in the north of the Amazon, Brazil, in Venezuela. They are completely unpretentious and can survive in different conditions. That is why they can sometimes be found in various in cool waters.
The wild population lives in the Moscow River in the Lyuberets area, and even severe frosts do not frighten them.
- Poecilia reticulata (Lebistes reticulate) or simply guppy is a common aquarium species, which belongs to the family of pezilliums and is small in size and lives in an aquarium at home for up to three years. Type bred when crossing different wild samples.
- Endler is a very close relative of the ordinary (Lebistes reticulate). The females are silver or golden in color, while the males have an intense color throughout the body. It differs from the others in its extremely small size, which can be from 2 to 4 centimeters. Each male has a unique and unique flavor, which
looks in the form of specks and stripes scattered throughout the body. Fish lives up to one and a half years.
- Micropermelia is a fish, too, from the family of petsiliev, which is viviparous and beautiful multi-colored. It has a more pointed mouth and some individuals have clear stripes on the sides, as well as a round speck near the tail. Males from 3 to 4 centimeters, females reach 5. These breeds like a little salted water and feel most comfortable in a separate aquarium. It is important to note that they cannot be crossed with ordinary ones.
The tail plumage may have a different shape and length. The longest in needletails and can be equal to the length of her body.
The dorsal fins in all species are sharply raised at the base. Can be:
- Flagtail – looks like a flag;
- Iglohvosty – round tips;
- Speartail – similar to the shape of a spear;
- Voiletail (skirt) – tail plumage resembles the shape of a veil or skirt;
- Double sword – both upper and lower are similar to the shape of a sword with pointed ends;
- Lyrebird – in form resembles a lyre;
- Upper sword – tail upper rays are pointed and have the shape of a sword;
- Sharp-angled, fan-tailed – have an elongated triangle shape with straight upper and lower edges;
- Triangel (fantail edged) – a triangular tail and similar to, not fully open fan;
- Fantail resembles a beautifully fully opened fan with a rounded tip.
All types of guppies are artificial breeding varieties of ordinary ones, there are more than 60 of them. The most frequent types that can be found in the sale are blue guppies with yellow, red tails and such breeds as the German red blond, red fireworks, Berlin gold, tomato, etc. dd
- German yellow guppies have a clearly pronounced color of yellow shades, they can be from light yellow to acid-lemon. The German breed is distinguished by a delicate golden shade, the scales are poured from rich ultramarine to pale blue color, the head is white. This category is very common in Russia.
- The Moscow blue guppies have a beautiful brilliant blue color, which can be from pale blue to dark night color. They are: cream, silver, blue-black, greenish, bluish tints and blotches. In breeding categories, large fluffy plumage and body size can reach 4 and 5 centimeters.
- The Moscow blue-green guppies have a blue-green color with blue, black, white and gold splashes, the head is light silver.
- The red blond got its name because of the bright red tone in the main tail. The head is white and whitish with a golden hue.
- Guppy carnation carpet. The tail of this fish resembles the ragged edges of a famous flower and has an orange-red or orange with dark, dark patches resembling an intricate rug.
- Venezuela Japanese and “Havana Guppy” are dwarf guppies with a pronounced colorful color and multi-colored black, red, golden, green, blue stripes and spots.
- Veil guppies “Black Prince” or “Black Monk” – this variety was bred in Moscow and is one of the most spectacular forms. These individuals have a pronounced black color tail, their head has whitish silver and gold tones, fins can be with silver, blue, purple and gold hues. Purebred voila guppies “black prince”, can be pure black in color with the same gloomy eyes.
- The Royal Guppy The Red Dragon is a completely scarlet guppy (bright red) body that can reach four centimeters. An elite individual has not only red fins and body, but also eyes. Also in the spectrum of this breed are golden, white and dark blotches and spraying.
- Tiger – differs in a richly colored tail with predominantly orange and yellow shades with a paint similar to tiger skin. The tiger king has a rich defiant color and a lush fan tail.
- The green cobra is one of the most beautiful and popular breeding forms in Russia. The body is painted a greenish-golden color with a silvery sheen and resembles cobra scales. The plumage of the tail of the yellow-green spectrum with brown strips and spots resembling a snake’s skin. Usually this category has a round dark spot in the form of a plaque at the base of the head.
- Guppy Berliners. Scales from blue to deep purple in tone, white head and tail feathers. Spinal – orange and fiery.
- Guppy mix – this breed is obtained as a result of mixing different categories of elite fish and is distinguished by a deep and distinct color of aquarium luxury categories.
- Neon guppies have sky-blue tail plumage, more often they are silvery golden and white belly and feathers. The spectrum contains white, dark, greenish blotches and overflow on the back of a silvery neon strip.
- Guppy Sunset Mycarif. Their bodies reach four centimeters and have a silvery neon shade, the fins of this population are usually pale yellow or lemon yellow and the tail feathers with a red border that resembles a candle flame.
This is a lively, active and strong fish. Experienced aquarists and guppivody are engaged in the creation of new elite breeds to participate in regional and national exhibitions, to achieve the largest possible size and clear patterns.
In an ordinary amateur in an aquarium, the fish breed, some time after settling, as a certain period of habituation to a different habitat must pass. Stimulation of reproduction can be abundant food and clean water. With fry in the stomach, the female goes up to 40 days, for which time it is recommended to deposit it in another aquarium.
Fry can be up to 150 pieces, depending on her age.