maintenance, care, compatibility
Run the aquarium from scratch. Preparation and proper launch of a new aquarium: step by step instructions
A week after the start of the launch, it is desirable to increase the lighting time of the aquarium to 12 hours. At this time, you can run unpretentious species of fish in an amount not exceeding one third of the allowable for such a population size. It is important that with the proper launch of the fish at this time should remain hungry – it is absolutely harmless for them.
Feeding can disrupt the nitrogen cycle, resulting in the need to restart. Food fish will be able to get after four days.
A few days later, the aquarium may be populated by half of the population. During this period, you can run more capricious fish.
After seven days you can run all the fish.
If the house has soft water, you should choose those inhabitants who prefer this pH level, and vice versa. The aquarium, the photo of which is presented below, is launched absolutely correctly and delights with its beauty.
The rapid launch of the aquarium in 99% of cases does not lead to the desired results, it is often necessary to repeat the cycle of preparation. A beginner aquarist must be patient in order for the system to stabilize and fully function.
The question of how to prepare an aquarium for launching has become very relevant lately. Many families want to get beautiful fish that will swim surrounded by vegetation.
However, the maintenance of the system requires a certain amount of effort from the owner, which is better to take into account at the stage of making the decision to install an aquarium. In addition, we must not forget about the need for fixed costs for the maintenance of the system, including the purchase of fish food, replacement filters, etc.
First of all, it is necessary to determine if the tank is leaking. To do this, it is placed in the bath, preferably on a flat surface.
The aquarium is filled with running water up to half the volume, after a day it is completely filled. Such a test is carried out in any capacity vessels – only this way it can be understood if the glass will burst and the product will carry the first launch.
After checking the water is drained, it is better to wash the tank. The aquarium is installed on the cabinet.
Even before the launch procedure, it is necessary to solve a number of critical issues and take some necessary steps:
- Decide what kind of fish or aquatic animals you want to have. Find out what conditions they need. Be sure to find out if they are compatible with each other!
- Depending on the decisions on the first item, choose the volume and model of the aquarium, as well as a list of necessary equipment and design items. Based on the species and number of future inhabitants, decide whether you need a heater with a thermostat, for example, how powerful the filter should be, whether an additional compressor is needed, how to decorate an aquarium: stones or driftwood, which plants to plant and so on.
- Choose a place for the aquarium – not in the draft and not in the sun. It is also important that access to the aquarium was convenient, and there were a sufficient number of outlets nearby.
- Buy and install an aquarium (necessarily on a flat surface, so that its edges do not hang from the shelf or pedestal even per centimeter). Pre-aquarium washed without the use of chemical detergents.
- Place the equipment in the aquarium: filter, compressor, heater and thermometer, lighting. Fill the soil with a layer of 3-4 cm. Depending on the type of soil and its source of origin, it may be necessary to pre-heat it, boil it or rinse it. The same applies to stones and snags.
Now the aquarium is ready to fill up with water and start running. But before we give a step-by-step start-up instruction, let’s try to figure out what this notorious launch is for and what the running aquarium is different from the one that is not running.
So, we will analyze the points, how to run the aquarium correctly:
- The run starts with water pouring. Water must be poured plumbing, pre-defend it is not necessary. After pouring water turn on the filter with aeration. If the filter does not have an aerator, then the compressor must additionally work, since nitrifying bacteria require a lot of oxygen and a heater (set at 24-25 °). In this form, with the lights off, the aquarium is left for 5-7 days. All these days they spend only monitoring the operation of the equipment: check whether oxygen is supplied, measure the temperature of the water.
- After 5-7 days, unpretentious fast-growing plants are planted, after which they turn on the lighting for 4-5 hours a day.
- After 1-2 days you can start the first aquarium animals. This may be small unpretentious fish (viviparous or, for example, danios), but it is better to use snail ampoules or hymeno-viruses that are more resistant to water quality. There should be few animals. Feed them once a day in very small portions. It is necessary to constantly monitor their behavior and appetite. Ampulyaria, for example, are excellent indicators of water quality: in clean, good water, they rush around the aquarium at cruising speed, straightening antennae and looking for food. At this stage, the light is turned on for the whole day (8-12 hours), you can add special bacterial cultures to the aquarium to start (they are from different companies, for example Sera Nitrivek).
- After a week, the remaining plants are planted and begin in parts (at intervals of 1-2 days) to launch the main fish population. For each released party you need to carefully monitor, feed moderately.
That is, in fact, all science. True, nothing complicated?
Of course, the equilibrium in the aquarium is still unstable, and some time after the launch such unpleasant phenomena can occur, such as outbreaks of diatoms. But if the launch was carried out correctly, these problems are usually not catastrophic, do not lead to a massive freezing of fish and are solved in working order.
To combat these diatomies, for example, a small charming catfish otozinclus is successfully used.
Above, we wrote that for the reproduction of beneficial bacteria need nutrition and substrate. And, of course, the initial number of the bacterial colony matters.
Thus, in order to accelerate the maturation of the biofilter and, accordingly, the launch of the aquarium, you can immediately add a significant amount of bacteria to the artificial reservoir and prepare a large area substrate for them (there is enough nutrition for the bacteria in the starting aquarium).
Bacteria are introduced with the help of industrial starter culture (we also mentioned about them above) or with water, soil, filter filler from the existing, safe aquarium. To ensure a sufficient area of the substrate for bacteria, it is recommended to use filters with fillers made of porous ceramics or filters of considerable volume with other fillers, plant plants with narrow, feathery leaves, and use fine gravel of even size as the soil.
All these surfaces will inhabit nitrifying bacteria.
Startup control of the aquarium greatly facilitates the use of tests for aquarium water for ammonia and nitrite. These tests are produced by different manufacturers and are not uncommon in pet stores.
With their help, you can track the level of these toxic compounds in the water and adjust the population of fish in the running aquarium.
As you can see, the correct launch of the aquarium takes not so much time – it is quite possible to suffer two or three weeks. It does not require a colossal amount of strength and special academic knowledge.
But it helps to avoid many problems in the future, preserves the life and health of the fish, and therefore, the nerves and good mood to their owner.
It is time to launch the first fish. If you are not sure that the aquarium is fully prepared to accept the inhabitants, then start with a pair of Guppy or Danyushki. However, if you did everything according to the instructions, then boldly plant a whole flock of young individuals into the pond.
Up to 15 teens can be released into the one-hundred-meter aquarium.
This must be done correctly:
- Bring a jar or bag of young stock home;
- Wait a couple of hours, setting aeration of water in a jar or bag;
- Drain some of the water and add the one in your tank;
- Wait an hour and repeat the procedure;
- Gradually, within a few hours, change all the water;
- Send the fish to the general aquarium.
If possible, try to measure the parameters of water first time. To do this you will need testers for acidity, nitrates and ammonia.
Fish pioneers need to be fed live food, if there is none, then ice cream is allowed. Feeding dry food is not desirable. If there is no other choice, then enter it for not many, arranging fasting days for the inhabitants.
It is imperative to observe this rule so that a bacterial outbreak does not occur.
In the beginning, you should not build a schedule for changing and changing water, just watch the inhabitants. You can change 10-20% of water if:
- All fish have fallen into the lower layers;
- Melting in pairs or flock;
- Presses upper fin.
To make sure you need to change the water, check the acidity and temperature. If the thermometer scale is above 25 degrees with a pH of more than 7.6, then change part of the water.
It is important to make sure that all the fish have fallen to the bottom, and not just one individual. In the event that one of the fish descends low alone – drop him into quarantine and continue to observe.
Experienced aquarists offer another way to normalize balance. Sow all the fish for a day and wait for the decrease in ammonia.
Then the inhabitants come back.
Running the aquarium and settling fish in it affects the quality of the water. Each individual creates a chemical cloud around itself that affects its neighbors.
The higher the density of fish, the greater the impact of harmful substances.
So that the launch does not turn out to be a waste of time, it is necessary to carefully plan the follow-up care: the number and frequency of changes in water or part of it. Tap water is completely unsuitable for creating optimal water. Tap water is too aggressive for sensitive fish.
It is strictly forbidden to change all the water (except for the “patient”). In the aquarium is established its own environment, like the one that is familiar to the type of fish.
The optimal amount of water added is no more than 1/5 of the part. Fish will be able to restore the normal microsphere after a couple of days. If you change ½ the volume of water at a time, this inept action can lead to the death of fish and plants.
Recovery of hydrobalance large amount of water is possible only in 2-3 weeks. Complete replacement of water will lead to the death of all living things, and it will be necessary to launch the aquarium from the very beginning.
Use separated water, the temperature of which will be approximately equal to the aquarium one – this will reduce the chance of fish killing.
Aquarium should be thoroughly washed with baking soda before settling. Do not use soap and various synthetic detergents, since the remnants of these substances can remain in the putty and the seams of the aquarium for quite a long time.
Subsequently, they will be released into the water and may cause the death of the inhabitants of the aquarium.
The heater is set to the desired temperature, then turn on the filter. Make sure that water is drawn in and out.
Next, you need to adjust the angle of discharge of water. After a day, check the temperature of the water, whether it is set on the thermostat.
Check the operation of the filter.
After 10-14 days in the aquarium, you can run the fish. Water ages as a result of fish life in a few weeks.
Therefore, every week should be replaced 1/5 of the water with new water.
Do not completely change the water in the aquarium. Even if you spent a general cleaning in the aquarium, you should fill it with at least half of it with old water.
Otherwise, you will have to wait again for 10-14 days before settling the fish.
If the preparation of the aquarium for launch is carried out correctly, the inhabitants of the aquarium will feel comfortable, grow and multiply. Well-organized lighting will emphasize the dignity and beauty of fish, plants and scenery.
Many, wanting to get an aquarium, believe that the fish – those pets that bring the least trouble. And only experienced aquarists know that this is far from true.
Many people are convinced by their own experience that launching an aquarium is a complex process that is built up depending on a large number of factors. However, those who start, making the first launch of the aquarium, do not even suspect about all the stages that should precede such a joyful event as the launch of fish.
Start the aquarium correctly – the first task of the aquarist
Preparation of the aquarium for launch begins with the introduction of soil into it
The added tap water for some time should just be left in the aquarium so that it will settle. The duration of this period for supporters of traditional methods is several days.
At the same time, there are special modern tools, adding which you can shorten this period to one day and carry out a quick launch of the aquarium.
Then the water is inhabited by microorganisms that are involved in the processes occurring in the water. To make this process faster, it is recommended to turn on the filter and saturate the water with air.
After the water is saturated with the simplest life, unpretentious plants are planted in the ground. And although some types of plants are quite acceptable to transfer the landing before filling the aquarium with water, it is better to do it after.
Plants should not be much.
Together with the planting of plants, you can begin to turn on the light for a short time: 4-6 hours.
A day later it will be possible to launch snails into the aquarium. Thanks to the products of their vital activity, the number of bacteria will increase, which will help establish equilibrium in the nitrogen cycle.
Only in 3 weeks from the moment of launch it will be possible to land half of the total planned “green spaces”. At this time, there will already be enough light for them, and they can no longer upset the balance.
Launching the aquarium, each owner is looking forward to the moment when it will be possible to run fish into it. After a few days from the very beginning of the process, it is possible to increase the lighting time of the aquarium to 9 or even 12 hours. At the same time, unpretentious types of fish are launched.
Their number should not exceed one third of the population allowed for the selected aquarium volume. With the proper start of the aquarium, it is very important not to feed the fish at this time.
It will not suffer from such a forced starvation diet, but it is easy to break the forming nitrogen cycle by feeding, which will lead to the need to restart the aquarium. It will be possible to organize food for the fish only 4 days after their stay in the emerging ecosystem.
A few days after the launch of the first fish, you can populate the aquarium with fish in half of their estimated number. At this time, it is already possible to release more capricious species of fish – the threat to them is minimal.
At the same time, it is already worth replacing one-fifth of the water, and at the same time siphoning the primer. It is also time to rinse the filter.
A week later, all the fish will be planted, the same amount of water will be replaced again, the filter cleaned and the soil cleaned.
The decomposition products of fish and other macro-organisms living in an aquarium, when decomposed, are converted into ammonia, which is dangerous for them at even low concentrations. This is such a toxic compound that its concentration at the level of 0.2-0.5 mg / l is fatal for the inhabitants of the reservoir, and when the content of ammonia in the water in a proportion of 0.01-0.02 mg / l in fish, immunity is significantly reduced.
As a result, they become very vulnerable to all sorts of diseases and parasites.
Proper start-up of the aquarium is aimed at ensuring that microorganisms inhabiting the water could process the entire volume of ammonia. Then it practically will not be in the aquarium, which can be verified with the help of special tests.
How to run the fish in the aquarium :: run the fish in the aquarium :: Aquarium fish
Many dream of having a little piece of the underwater kingdom at home. The aquarium allows not only to contemplate the beautiful, but also to join the amazing world of underwater inhabitants, to learn a lot of new and interesting things from their life.
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
1. So you decided to start an aquarium. First of all, study the literature on aquarism, decide what type of aquarium you want to buy and what fish you want to keep in it.
2. Do not rush to buy everything at once. First you need to purchase the technical part: the aquarium itself, the filter and aerator, light, heater, thermometer. Then you need to choose the soil, plants and snails (if you plan to start them).
Fish at this stage is not worth buying, you first need to equip them with a house.
3. Install the aquarium, pour the washed soil into it, fill the tank with 1/3 of the distilled tap water. Install hardware. Then plant the plants, put decorations on the ground in the form of embossed stones, specially prepared snags, sculptures.
Fill the aquarium with water and connect all the equipment. Now you can run a few snails.
4. After that, the aquarium begins to “ripen.” Water is colonized by microflora, various chemical and physical processes occur. During this period, the water is not suitable for settling fish.
It is necessary to wait until it dims (this is a natural process), and then again becomes transparent. As a rule, “maturation” lasts about one to two weeks.
5. The process can be accelerated with the help of various water conditioners that are sold in pet stores. After the water becomes crystal clear, you can go for the fish.
6. When choosing fish, their compatibility should be considered, as well as similarity in keeping conditions (hardness, water temperature, illumination, etc.) It is also necessary to correctly calculate the number of fish in your aquarium so that all inhabitants feel comfortable.
7. Try to buy fish in a pet store, which is located near the house, since transportation over long distances has a negative effect on their well-being.
8. Arriving home do not rush to run new tenants in the aquarium. First rinse the bag with fish under running water, and then place it in the aquarium to equalize the temperature. After 10 minutes, add to the bag with fish aquarium water to equalize the chemical composition and wait another 15 minutes.
After that, carefully release the fish in the new house.
9. At first, the fish may become clogged under a filter or plants – this is a normal reaction to a change of scenery. Give them a little look around and come to their senses, then feed them a little.
A few days later the fish will get used to the new conditions of detention, and you will be able to watch the little underwater world in all its glory!
Have you decided to purchase a new aquarium and have prepared it to receive new inhabitants? Please note: you cannot run all the fish there at once, as this can lead to dramatic consequences for both individuals and for the entire aquarium ecosystem.
1. Thoroughly clean the aquarium with baking soda and salt. Avoid using detergents, as their residues on the walls of the aquarium can harm plants and fish.
2. Place the aquarium on a perfectly flat surface so that the glass does not show cracks due to fluid pressure on one of its walls.
3. Lay the soil, pre-rinsing and boiling it. The thickness of the soil layer should be at least 5 centimeters.
4. Install equipment for normal functioning of the aquarium. Such equipment includes:
– the filter necessary to clean the aquarium from waste;
– a compressor that will saturate the aquarium water with oxygen;
– heater for heating water in the cold season;
– Thermometer to monitor water temperature.
5. Having installed the equipment, start planting. Be careful not to plunge the growing point into the ground, otherwise the plant roots will stick out in different directions.
6. Having thus prepared the ecosystem of the aquarium, fill it with water. Use only tap water, do not bring water from rivers and ponds, as it may contain dangerous bacteria and heavy metal particles.
Wait 2 weeks.
7. If your fish live in natural conditions in the same climatic zone, launch all at once into the aquarium, but if they are natives of different latitudes, then when sharing your neighbors you are unlikely to be able to avoid victims. In any case, it is better to run the fish in batches so that they gradually get used to the aquarium ecosystem.
8. Quarantine each subsequent batch up to several weeks. Before starting the next group, gradually change the chemical composition of the water in the tank in which your pets are “on overexposure”. Within a few hours, gradually pour water into the transit tank with the fish there and carefully observe their behavior.
When you start each next batch of fish do not need to feed, they are at this point not to eat.