maintenance, care, compatibility
To feed the fish you need so that they do not overeat, and were full of food. Diet depends on the age of the pet and the characteristics of its digestive system.
Adults usually eat 2 times a day, which is enough for them. Youngsters aged 1-2 months should eat 4 times a day. And fry up to one month old need to be fed every 3-6 hours.
During the spawning period, the fish should be given less food, sometimes not feeding the first few days after breeding. Two weeks before spawning, producers, on the contrary, should correctly produce more live food.
No matter how many fish you keep, you need to give them all the food at the same time. Begin in the morning, an hour after turning on the lights. The last feeding should occur 2 hours before the lighting is turned off.
The question of novice aquarists is how much food to give, and how often? Give us enough food so that they can eat it in 5 minutes.
Do not feed often, but in small portions, so that they completely swallow them. Unfinished leftovers can be removed with a net to avoid rotting.
Feed pellets depend on the age and size of the fish. Juveniles should eat food that does not exceed the size of their eyes. Dry food in the form of granules, flakes and tablets is recommended to be ground to dust.
Adult fish like to grab larger particles of food, they do not eat dust. In order for all the inhabitants of the household water body to be satisfied with feeding, install special feeders for dry and live food in the tank.
Of these, food is not frayed, and pets can eat it calmly.
See how to properly feed dry fish aquarium fish.
There are general feeding rules for all fish that need to be followed constantly:
- Properly feed the fish with the food that is right for them, consider the physiological characteristics of all species living in the general aquarium.
- Do not overfeed your pets – give food not too often, in small portions.
- For aquarium fish, the best nutrition is a variety of foods.
- No matter how much food you put in the tank, remove the remnants of it after the meal.
- The number of meals should correspond to the size and age of the fish.
- Do not feed the fish immediately after turning on the light, or before bedtime.
- In the diet of aquarium fish should be natural food, and not just artificial, purchased.
Aquarium fish require good care, an integral part of which is proper feeding. Ignorance of the peculiarities of their content often leads to unpleasant situations.
In particular, the use of improper feed may even lead to the death of the fish.
1. Choose a variety of food, do not always use the same food. It is recommended to alternate dry food with live: bloodworms, pipemakers, daphnia, etc.
Do not forget that the food should be not only varied, but also very high quality, so saving on it is highly undesirable. Remember that live food should be rinsed with cool water before you give the fish.
2. Select the correct feed size. If the pieces are too large, the fish simply can not eat them, and the use of too small food will lead to starvation. Watch the behavior of the fish.
If they grab food, but do not swallow, and spit out, then the pieces are too large. It is recommended to chop live food, in particular, moth and enkhitreya, into small pieces, and it is advisable to find out the optimal size for dry food when buying.
3. Determine the right amount of feed. When you notice that the fish have stopped eagerly grabbing food, stop feeding. If there is food left in the aquarium that the fish have not eaten, remove it from the water using a net and the next time reduce the portion.
So, having spent some time on observations, you can determine the optimal amount of food for your fish.
4. Feed the fish often and little by little. They should not overeat.
If you occasionally feed them huge portions, it will negatively affect their health. It is especially important to feed the fry often, otherwise they may die.
The size of the pieces of food should be approximately equal to the size of the eye fry, otherwise the fish will not be able to swallow the food.
5. Arrange a hungry day once a week, without letting the fish eat at all. Consider only that such a hunger strike will be useful for adult fish, but not fry.
If for one reason or another you will not be able to feed the fish for 1-2 days, it is better not to give them food at all, but do not put the daily portion in the aquarium right away.
How and what to feed goldfish :: goldfish how to feed :: Aquarium fish
Aquarium goldfish are omnivorous. Their diet includes not only dry food, but also live food (bloodworm, maggot, etc.).
Also this type of fish likes to eat live algae. Feeding goldfish is not difficult because they eat once a day and easily endure a hunger strike for up to a week.
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
1. Feeding the Earthworm
Worm fish can be nurtured as a whole, or divided into small pieces, but first you need to withstand the worm at least a day without soil. For feeding fish suitable food such as: boiled (without salt) chicken fillet, raw beef heart and liver, lean beef, shrimp.
All this food should not make up the entire diet of your fish, but you should not overfeed the fish, it leads to their obesity.
2. Good results are given by feeding with porridges, grass meal granules, and feed for carp fish. Such food has a good effect on the formation of fins and the correct egg-shaped body of the fish.
Porridge cooked from different cereals (without salt).
3. When feeding with live food, it must first be washed under a tap. A floating feeder with holes in the bottom will be very useful.
You can also feed the fish with cyclops and other crustaceans; they can be given from a glass jar of darkened glass, which is lowered into the aquarium 3-5 cm below the water level, after which the live crustaceans swim to the light and the dead remain in the jar.
It is worth noting that the live food you bought should be mobile, and dry food (daphnia) should not stick together.
❶ How to feed the fish with bloodworms :: frozen bloodworm :: Feed
Bloodworm – the larvae of the dergun mosquito, 0.5 to 1.5 cm long. Due to the large amount of hemoglobin dissolved in it, it has a red color.
It lives in stagnant waters and is one of the most useful food for many species of aquarium fish.
1. Before feeding fish fresh crank it must be thoroughly rinsed and bruised This is done in order to sort the living larvae from the dead.
Last feed fish is not recommended.
2. Fold it in a strainer placed in a basin of water. There should be enough water so that it barely touches the cells, but not more.
The live moth will start to come out, and the dead larvae will remain at the bottom.
3. Sort live larvae. The largest of them will go to feed for gold fish, telescopes, veils and other viviparous and predators.
All other fish feed small crank.
4. Large larvae can be used for feeding small fish. But in this case they must be cut.
Put the moth on the glass board and finely chop with a sharp knife or blade.
5. Throw the larvae in small portions so that the fish can catch them before dropping to the bottom of the aquarium. Otherwise, the food is buried in the sand, and the fish will not get to it.
You can also roll the food into lumps.
6. Make a special feeder. For this perfect cork or a piece of pine bark. You whip out the middle of it, put the moth there and make small holes at the bottom so that the live larvae can crawl out through them.
For fish, such a feeder will be very convenient.
7. Prepare moth for future use. Live larvae can be put in the freezer or oven dried. Frozen moths before feeding should be thawed to room temperature or rinsed with hot water.
A dry larvae can immediately pour into the aquarium or steam them in warm water.
8. Fresh live bloodworm can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three weeks. To do this, wrap it in a thin layer in two natural fiber cloths. The first of them should be dry, and the second, external – slightly wet.
Before spreading the moth on the rag, roll it in two layers.
A full diet of aquarium fish should include not only the moth larvae, but also other food.