Guppy unpretentiousness in the content and nutrition. The main amount of nutrients comes when feeding guppies.
Partially – absorbed from the environment. This is directly related to minerals, the lack of which aquarists compensate for the additives in the water.
The lack of calcium (Ca) may be critical in the diet and water. It leads to impaired development of the skeleton, fins, scales (rickets).
Protein (protein) – a set of amino acids. Serves for energy production, the formation of body tissues. In the diet – 25–35%.
Malkas and pregnant females – 40–50%. Source: animal food.
Vegetable proteins are hardly digested by fish.
Fats – saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, their compounds. Unsaturated in the body of fish are not produced. “Spare” source of energy, the main material for metabolism. In the diet of aquarium fish – 4–8%.
The lack of fat in the diet weakens the immune system, causes disruptions of the central nervous system. Source: animal food.
Carbohydrates (sugar) – compounds from oxygen, carbon and hydrogen. Source of “fast” energy. In the diet – up to 20%, up to 6 mg per gram of fish weight.
Higher sugars are absorbed by omnivorous fish in part. Cellulose (cellulose) is not absorbed, but is necessary for the movement of food masses through the intestinal tract.
The lack of sugars leads to diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, the formation of ulcers, weakened immunity.
The presence of macronutrients (content in the body from 2 mg / kg) and trace elements (up to 2 mg / kg) is ensured by maintaining the desired level of water hardness, good nutrition.
Vitamins – a group of compounds that provides metabolism in the body. Vitamin deficiencies (vitamin deficiency) are externally manifested in abnormal behavior, stunting and dull coloring.
Vitamin deficiency causes irreparable damage to fry.
|Title||What is responsible||Symptoms and effects of avitaminosis|
|B||Energy production from carbon compounds.|
Nutrition of the central nervous system.
CNS disorder with impaired motor functions
Protection of the mucous membrane.
Lack of disease resistance
Newborns are fed protein (animal) feed. After a week, add vegetable food to your diet. At the age of one month, protein and vegetable feed make up 70/30%, respectively.
Food for guppy from the year – 60/40%.
In the aquarium, the lack of plant food fish compensate for by pinching soft leaves, young shoots of plants. Algae are actively eaten.
On fasting days – especially.
Guppies should not be given only a certain type of feed. Diversify your diet.
Guppies, aquarists, who are afraid of fish obesity, are fed once a day. But obesity occurs with a single, rather than extended meal.
Fry and continuously spawning female guppies do not grow fat. Males get access to the feeder after massive females.
To prevent obesity, do 1-2 unloading days per week.
It is better to choose 3 meals a day.
|Morning||Dry or frozen food, top dressing|
|Middle of a day||Vegetative feed, top dressing|
Malkov fed from 4 times around the clock. Read more about feeding fry.
Guppies that were not eaten in the morning will be served during the day. Residues will decompose and spoil the water.
For the night, give live food.
Look at this posting on Instagram
Addis, Alice and Company extensions (@boba_co) 22 Ver 2018 r. about 1:09 pdt
A flock of 10 guppies just need a pinch of powdered dry food or flakes. For an aquarium, 150 liters with fifty inhabitants – that eaten in a minute.
Portion of live food is more difficult to determine. Only by experience on the appearance of the fish.
Malkov fed unlimited.
Signs of overeating in guppies
Live food produced in natural water bodies are potential vectors of infections and parasites. The presence of toxins is possible.
Help ozonization, washing in a weak pink solution of potassium permanganate (potassium permanganate).
- Rich in protein and vitamins.
- For food you want to hunt, it is important for fry.
- Do not spoil the water.
Frozen feed nutritionally and values are similar to living ones. Long stored.
Safe if released by a trusted manufacturer.
- Remains not removed from the vessel during decomposition emit toxic ammonia. The water becomes cloudy, gets an unpleasant smell.
- It is impossible to check whether the product has been unfrozen. Thawed and frozen fish food is not suitable again.
Dry feed nutritionally not inferior to the living. When processing useful substances partially lose value.
The uneaten excess spoils the water.
- Possible long-term storage.
- The composition is balanced.
- Gain out, if the owner is away.
Bloodworm, the strawsmill – bottom dwellers. Together with food consume all the pollution of the reservoir.
Coretra lives and eats in the water column, therefore less dangerous. Any food extracted from natural reservoirs before being introduced into the jar is kept from two days to release the intestines.
All live food divorced at home. The effort expended for worms and mosquito larvae pays off with commercial breeding volumes.
Cultivation of crustaceans, on the contrary, is useful and justified.
- Bloodworm – mosquito larva. Source of protein, hemoglobin. Food high-calorie, when overeating quickly causes obesity. When buying, choose young larvae: bright red, up to 10 mm long. Individuals from 20 mm with a dark color are hardly swallowed by fish, they are difficult to digest and are not stored for a long time. Feeding troughs are used for feeding: food that fell on the bottom is not readily available for guppies.
- Coretra is also a mosquito larva, but is colorless and less nutritious. Actively moves, forces to hunt, resists. Dietary nutrition. Feeding trough is not needed: it is produced directly in the jar.
- The tubule is a ringed worm up to 40 mm long. The most likely source of toxins, as it survives in the most polluted pools. Recommended for weakened or sick fish. For enhanced nutrition, vitamins absorbed by worms are added to storage water. For regular meals unsuitable due to excess calories.
- Freshwater crustaceans – Daphnia, Cyclops, Artemia. Medium-calorie protein feed. Actively moving, forcing the fish to hunt.
Live food can be frozen for future use. But harvested not in industrial conditions does not retain completely useful qualities.
Dried and lyophilized (sublimated) feeds are made from plankton with the addition of plant ingredients, vitamins. When overeating soaked food inflates the stomach of fish. For a floating feed, feeders are needed to prevent the water from spreading over the surface.
In pet stores and pharmacies, tablets with spirulina are sold – vegetable food. Manufacturers of dry and frozen feed:
Top dressing is used for a variety of a diet or as the main food if there is no forage for fishes.
- Boiled yolk of chicken egg, rubbed through the net.
- Feed from milk and eggs: omelette, cottage cheese. The omelette is prepared as for a person, but without salt and spices. Cook the curd yourself. From milk to 3% fat, make yogurt. Heat vessel with yogurt in hot to a temperature of up to 60 ° C until clots form. Remove clots (cottage cheese), rinse with water.
- Low-fat sliced or skewered meat, sea fish.
- Sliced shrimp, mussels, squid.
Vegetable foods are a source of carbohydrates. Dilute animal food, prevent obesity.
Required for the digestive tract.
- Faded oatmeal (“Hercules”).
- Blanched vegetables: chopped cabbage, cucumber, zucchini, spinach leaves.
- Greens: parsley, dill, dandelion leaves.
- Nettle is rich in vitamins. In the winter freeze or dry.
Cultivate fast-growing plants (Echinodorus, Javanese moss). Guppies love pinching young shoots.
For adult guppies: 60% (by weight) squid fillet, shrimp, mussels, 40% greens and vegetables (sweet pepper, lettuce, cauliflower or white cabbage) and spirulina. Crush blender and freeze.
Before feeding, defrost the portion, drain the liquid.
To accustomed to unusual fodder, asking after a fasting day.
- Live food of unknown origin.
- Ekhitreusy (grindal) and the earthworm is too high in calories.
- Fat meat (pork) and fish (capelin, mackerel, saury).
- Beef liver contains an excess amount of saturated fat for adult guppies.
- Dried daphnia, gammarus and semolina are not recommended as useless.
If the duration of the trip is up to 6–7 days, it is better not to feed the guppies. Fasting will not harm: feed on plants, algae from the walls.
Improper feeding in the absence of biofiltration threatens ammonia poisoning of pets.
In case of a longer absence, use automatic feeders (automatic loaders). Experts recommend products from the German company Juwel (1500 à) and the Italian FERPLAST CHEF (à 3,700 ä).
Work on batteries, not afraid of power cuts.
For work requires a slot in the lid. The second feeding after 6 h after the first.
- Recommended types of food: granules, flakes, tablets.
- Regimen: 1-2 times per day.
- Duration of the program: up to 30 days.
- Container capacity: 100 ml.
- Power supply: 2 AA batteries.
- Dimensions: 140 x 75 x 70 mm.
Auto feeders are designed for dry feed. Do not program the device for evening feeding.
If you use the services of a friend, and a friend is not an aquarist, prepare daily doses of feed. Packaging warns overfeeding.
Guppies are omnivorous, eat live, animal, vegetable, and dry food. For bright colors, reproduction requires a variety of vitamin diet.
Required 1-2 fasting days. Withstand prolonged fasting.
Carry dry food, it is possible to use automatic feeders.