maintenance, care, compatibility
Goldfish – decoration for any aquarium. Some people think that it is very easy to care for them, but in fact there are several nuances that require special study. One of these questions is reproduction.
How to find out floor this kind of aquarium fish?
The question “Why are cats not a commodity, when there are already reviews about them?” – 1 reply
1. Goldfish reach floornew maturity only two years. Before this time, do not try to identify them. floor, it is almost impossible.
However, there have been cases when males matured under ideal conditions and a diet rich in proteins. floorchime years. These fish do not develop well in small rooms, so the volume of the aquarium should be at least one hundred liters.
2. Observe the fish during ripening. At this time, the bodies of females take a rounded shape, and the males remain lean.
It was at this time you can see the first differences in the structure gold fish different floorbut.
3. Using a magnifying glass, view the front paired fins. In mature males, they can see characteristic notches resembling a saw with small teeth.
By this feature can be distinguished floor fish is not even in the mating season, but only floorof mature individuals.
4. In early spring floorMature goldfish enter the period of courtship and mating games. Males begin to differ greatly from females precisely in behavior.
They are very active, chase females throughout the aquarium, and vigorously and passionately care. Watching the marriage game, you can easily distinguish floor their pets.
5. Also, having carefully examined the head of a fish with a magnifying glass, you will notice another main feature of the male. White tubercles appear on the head and gill covers during spawning. The main thing – do not confuse them with signs of ichthyophthiriosis – diseases gold fish, in which a white patina appears on the fins, partly similar to semolina.
Spawning signs appear only during the breeding season.
6. After spawning, be sure to seed fish in a prepared reserve reservoir. This is done so that the aquarium dwellers do not eat their offspring.
The bailout as well as the main body of water should be equipped with a filter and clean air supply.
❶ How to find out the sex of the fish :: how to determine the sex of the fish :: Aquarium fish
A beginner aquarist is not always easy to navigate in such a colorful and incomprehensible world of exotic fish. What to feed, how to keep and what to do if the fish are sick or decided to get offspring? Of course, one of the main issues of concern to novice lovers is how to distinguish males from females.
Mastering some of the wisdom of this business.
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
1. Carefully peer into your wards. In some fish, sexual dimorphism is expressed very clearly, so it’s not difficult to distinguish boys from girls here. However, if you have no idea how exactly ladies differ from gentlemen, the external differences of the fish, although they will be noticeable to you, will not give any information.
When breeding guppies, it seems to many that it is not so easy to distinguish a male from a female. It’s a delusion.
Look closely at the anal fin fish. If it is pointed, then the boy is in front of you, but if it is rounded, you are considering a girl.
By the way, by the way, it is possible to determine the sex of the fish even before the onset of their sexual maturity, when, apart from the anal fin, males are practically no different from females. When the fish grow up, a beautiful colorful tail and dorsal fin become a characteristic feature of the boys.
Females, on the contrary, remain inconspicuous and gray, their tail fins are much shorter and not so bright.
2. Pay attention to the shape of the anal fin. Not all aquarium fish sex difference is so noticeable.
Relatives of guppies mollies do not have bright tails or specks. Both males and females have a uniform black color and resemble each other, almost like two drops of water. Here you will be helped by observation and a keen eye.
Mollies also differ in anal fins. In females, they are rounded, and in males they have a pronounced peak-like shape.
Some types of mollies are the owners of an elongated and slightly curved anal fin, so the boy can always be distinguished from the general crowd.
3. Look at the size of the fish. Often, females are slightly largest males, and in some species of fish this difference is quite noticeable.
Of course, not one size to navigate is not worth it, because in pet stores often sell fish from different litters. That is why it is necessary to pay attention to other signs. In neons, for example, the strip on the abdomen of the female has a small rift, slightly bending in the middle.
Males are owners of a perfectly straight back, and the strip on their body is parallel to the horizon. If you decide to separate males from females in a flock of danios – also pay attention to their size and location of the strips.
The females are the largest, and the bands on the belly have a little blur. Males have a more toned shape and even stripes.
Before you go to the pet store or go to the market, study the special literature and get at least an approximate knowledge of gender differences. Unfortunately, sellers often deceive unsuspecting customers by selling them the same-sex fish.
In viviparous fish, females already in the store may have an extended abdomen, according to which it is very easy to distinguish them from males.
It is difficult to determine the sex of the fish, since in some cases the females look the same as the males. And if you do not know the characteristics that are characteristic of this breed, then it is completely impossible.
But you can still try to distinguish them, especially if it is very important for you.
British Pregnancy Question – 1 Response
Contact the seller if you are only going to buy fish. Usually in such stores sell people who are more or less versed in fish.
If you can not explain who the male and who the female, it is better to contact another zoological store.
Compare the shape and size of the fish. Often, females are somewhat larger than the opposite sex, as they breed future offspring.
But there are exceptions. If your fish have any visual differences, it means that soon fry will appear.
Periodically watch the fish. If some suddenly began to grow in size, and the abdomen was rounded, most likely it was the females.
You just have to wait a bit to determine the sex of aquarium fish.
Pay attention to the color of aquarium fish. Usually, the color range of males is brighter and more saturated – by it you can determine the sex of aquarium fish.
Females in most cases have an outstanding appearance. But it all depends solely on the type of fish, so you can make a mistake.
The fins and tail of males are somewhat longer and brighter. Their color may change during the “mating” period: various inclusions and additional pigmentation appear. So they become more attractive to females.
After spawning, reverse changes occur.
Purchase special literature about this breed of fish. In the book you can read in detail about the characteristic sex differences. If you do not know which species your aquarium pets belong to, look at their store name.
Usually it is indicated on aquariums.
If you still can not accurately determine the sex of the fish, but at the same time you notice a number of differences, then just wait for the addition. Some species of fish do not visually differ by sex, so do not be upset if absolutely identical individuals swim in the aquarium.
It is possible that they are heterosexual.
Who among us in childhood didn’t want to catch a wish-fulfilling Goldfish? And to get it at home? Having matured, it became clear that the dream is easy to fulfill, and it is easier to settle a goldfish in an aquarium.
True, it does not build a house for you, like a magic one, but it can become a fabulous decoration for it.