maintenance, care, compatibility
Taking care of the fish in the aquarium, from time to time you have to face the problem – how to clean the aquarium at home. Regardless of whether it is large or small, an accumulation of algae and organic matter accumulates on its walls, and the water becomes cloudy.
To do the right cleaning, you must comply with a number of requirements so that the life of the fish at this time was safe.
How to clean an aquarium :: a large or small aquarium is easier to clean :: Household :: Other
It is almost impossible to create an ideal environment in a homemade artificial pond in which the aquarium would not have to be washed and cleaned at all. Of course, the snails and some other inhabitants partially cope with the pollution that has appeared, but a moment comes when the owner’s help cannot be dispensed with.
And here it is important to determine the optimal frequency of cleaning water house.
1. Clean the aquarium depends on its volume, because if your pond is less than 60 liters, then it will have to be cleaned quite often. At the initial stage, the cause of heavy pollution may be the absence of normal microflora in the aquarium, this indicates its incorrect start.
In this case, you can use special preparations that allow you to quickly populate the bacteria in the home water. If your aquarium is small, then you need to clean it as needed, it all depends on the specific conditions and well-being of aquatic inhabitants.
Very small aquariums of 10-15 liters are usually cleaned once a week.
2. Cleaning the aquarium involves bleaching the scenery, washing artificial plants and, of course, removing plaque from the walls. Regarding water, regardless of the time of general cleaning, it is partially necessary to replace it approximately once every one or two weeks.
If you think that the aquarium has to be cleaned too often, then try to reduce the amount of food. It is possible that the aquarium filter does not cope with the number of inhabitants and the volume of water, in this case it is worth replacing it or installing an additional one.
3. Consider that the more inhabitants fall on the volume of your aquarium, the more often it has to be cleaned, therefore it is not recommended to densely populate the home water body. In addition, you risk losing your pets.
Not all types of aquarium fish are able to adapt to frequent water changes and cleaning the aquarium. Remember that with the right microflora, a month usually replaces no more than one third of the total water volume.
4. In general, if the volume of the aquarium is more than 100 liters, then it has to be cleaned quite rarely. If a large aquarium is equipped with all the necessary equipment, then it needs general cleaning no more than once a month.
Usually this procedure is limited to removing plaque from the walls using a special magnetic sponge. Sometimes during a partial water change, aquarists remove dirt from the bottom using a small hose with a pear at the end, but often the filters and the aquatic inhabitants themselves cope with this problem.
5. If you often have to clean a large-volume aquarium, this indicates an error in its content. Today there are special services and consultants on issues related to aquariums.
Turning to a specialist, you can find out the causes of pollution. Remember that the condition of your fish and plants directly depends on the state of the microflora in the aquarium.
Remember that too frequent replacement of water – stress for fish and plants, and if you have to completely change it, then there can be no question of stabilizing the microflora in the aquarium.
If you notice a brown fleecy plaque on the walls and plants, this indicates an invasion of brown algae, cleaning the aquarium is almost useless, you need to deal with the cause of the problem.
Perhaps, any owner of the aquarium will agree that cleaning the aquarium is a very important, necessary and responsible event. The main objective of cleaning the aquarium is to maintain the natural habitat for fish, and, of course, the aesthetic beauty of the aquarium itself. If you are faced with this issue for the first time – do not worry, this is nothing complicated.
Simple tips will tell you how to properly clean the aquarium without making the special costs of calling biologists and special tools. You will learn how to clean your artificial body of excess pollution and give it a healthy look.
Any cleaning should be recited from cleaning aquarium glasses. From the purity of the glass depends on how we will see the aquarium itself. Small algae constantly appear on the glasses and microorganisms settle there, which makes visibility difficult and makes the aquarium untidy.
You can clean the walls of the aquarium with the help of special scrapers, a nylon washcloth or an ordinary kitchen sponge.
You can cope with this task not only with the help of special tools. Some types of fish, such as ancistrus or snail, can simply simply eat light pollution.
However, there is a drawback in this method: tracks of eaten algae may remain on the walls.
At the second stage of cleaning the aquarium proceed to cleaning the soil. In this section, we will discuss how to clean the soil from the accumulated remnants of food and excreta, because it is at the bottom that all these impurities accumulate. Before you start work, make sure that it is really necessary.
To do this, it is enough to twist the ground with something. If bubbles begin to rise from the bottom, then it is necessary to clean it.
cleaning the bottom of the aquarium
This procedure of cleaning the aquarium will make it easier and easier for the fish to clean the soil without any pain. It consists of a flexible hose with a diameter of 15 mm and a glass or metal tip that needs to be driven along the bottom, periodically pressing it inwards. Through the tip of the hose will drain water with all the pollution.
It is very important to monitor the amount of drained water, its volume should not be more than one fifth of the total volume of the aquarium. This is the amount of water you have to add later.
When cleaning the soil, try not to damage the roots of plants, this can lead to their death. We should not forget that our goal is not only cleaning the aquarium, but also the preservation of all life in it.
Water purification will help refresh the water and remove all accumulated harmful substances for fish. In order not to expose the inhabitants of the aquarium to abrupt water changes, it is necessary to partially replace the water 1-2 times a week, and after cleaning the soil 25% of the total volume of the aquarium.
Water for substitution should be settled for 2-3 days.
If the aquarium is not covered, a film may form on the surface of the water. This is also an important process in cleaning.
You can remove it using a sheet of paper, the size of the surface of the aquarium. Holding the sheet by the edges, it is necessary to dip it horizontally into the water, and then, slowly, lift it along with this film.
If necessary, repeat the procedure several times.
It is very important not to forget about the aquarium filter during complex cleaning of the aquarium. As a rule, the filter elements of the filter are made of foam rubber, and in order to clean them, rinse them thoroughly under running warm water.
And the mechanism itself during disassembly can be cleaned with a toothbrush or sponge.
Now you know the best way to clean an aquarium without harming its inhabitants. Needless to say how proper cleaning will prolong life and improve the health of the fish?
After all, what could be more beautiful than the happy inhabitants and the happy, bewitched views of their owners.
How to wash an aquarium for fish :: what you can wash an aquarium :: Animals :: Other
Aquarium – This is a complex system that requires the creation of certain conditions: lighting, temperature, oxygen saturation, water filtration. To maintain the necessary biological balance, the aquarium must be kept clean.
In order not to harm the underwater inhabitants, you should follow some rules when cleaning.
The question “Why are cats not a commodity, when there are already reviews about them?” – 1 reply
- – glass aquarium scrapers;
- – magnetic scraper;
- – sponge;
- – glove (mitten) for the body;
- – hose with a tip and a pear;
- – Toothbrush;
- – brush;
- – baking soda;
- – whitening agent “whiteness”.
1. Choose a glass cleaning method. The green coating on the walls gives an untidy look to the aquarium and makes it difficult to observe fish. Algae fouling is formed in 1-2 weeks depending on the location of the aquarium. Clean glass as it gets dirty.
Use an aquarium scraper, a clean sponge for washing dishes, a glove or a magnetic scraper. The choice of these devices depends on the thickness of the raid.
For example, small patches of green are easily removed with a sponge. It is very convenient to remove plaque in the corners of the aquarium, if you wear a special glove on your hand.
With a significant overgrowing of the walls, use an aquarium scraper. If you do not want to wet your hands, use a magnetic scraper – this is the best device for removing algae.
2. Clean the bottom. At the bottom of the aquarium accumulate sewage, which lead to the deterioration of water – it is the waste products of fish and snails, remnants of food, rotting debris of plants. Remove them with a siphon – a rubber or plastic hose with a tip on one side and a pear on the other.
Collect garbage, carefully avoiding the plants. If there is a lot of dirt, lightly press on the ground to remove old accumulations between the stones.
Wait for settling turbidity and repeat the procedure.
3. Clean the filter. Wash it as it clogs. If you notice a change in the pumping of water, you should release the sponge from the dirt accumulated in them. Remove the fillers and wash them with plenty of water without using detergents.
To restore the free flow of water, remove the mucus from the filter nozzle with a toothbrush. Hold it for 2-3 minutes under a strong stream of cold water – this will remove the remaining films.
4. Clean the scenery. In the aquarium, not only the walls and the bottom become dirty, but the scenery also darkens. For the attractiveness of the underwater world, various objects are used: stones, corals, ceramics, snags, plastic plants.
The job of cleaning them depends on the decoration material and the degree of contamination. Green scurf on objects made of plastic and unbaked clay should be rubbed with a stiff sponge.
Blackened koryagya can return the original form, if you clean it with a paste of baking soda. To do this, get it out of the water and sprinkle with plenty of powder.
After half an hour, clean the white gruel from the surface with a stiff brush and rinse the logs thoroughly. You can remove overgrown algae with a bleaching agent.
Place blackened stones, corals, and ceramics in a solution (1 part of “Whiteness”: 10 parts of water) of bleaching agent for 1-2 hours. After that, wash the decorations in running water for at least an hour until the smell is completely eliminated.
5. Change the water. When cleaning the ground, part of the water was drained along with the dirt. If there are live plants in the tank, inspect them and remove the yellow stems.
Top up the settled water, not forgetting that the fresh portion should not exceed 15-20% of the total volume of the aquarium.
In order for your aquarium to please you and your household for a long time, you need to maintain certain natural conditions for the fish in it. This is done using filters, compressors, lighting.
But without additional cleaning, the aquarium will quickly become dirty, so you need to clean the aquarium regularly and correctly.
- Scraper for glasses
- Rubber hose with a tip
- Pre-settled water
1. The first step is to clean the windows. Clean the glass of the aquarium from a specific coating should be regularly to maintain the beautiful aesthetic appearance of the aquarium.
The raid is cleaned quite easily with a special scraper. If there is no such scraper, then you can use a regular sponge for washing dishes, a razor blade or a plastic card such as a credit card for these purposes.
2. The second step is to clean the soil in the aquarium. The task of this stage is the removal of sewage, which is deposited in the ground.
This may be not eaten food, and the remnants of the rotten leaves of plants. They can be removed using a hose with a glass or metal tip. The diameter of the tube must be of such a size that the water with debris passes through it.
This cleaning step should be carried out very carefully so as not to damage the fish in the tank.
3. Then you need to change the water in the aquarium. Water must first be allowed to settle to remove chlorine impurities. The recommended volume of water changes is no more than 20-30% of the total volume of the aquarium, not more.
If you carry out the substitution more often than once a week, then this may have a bad effect on the health of the fish.
4. The final stage of cleaning the aquarium is flushing the filter. The filter is disassembled and thoroughly washed.
Especially well you need to clean the filter element – a sponge. In these sponges dirt accumulates, which the filter absorbs from the aquarium water. When washing the filter you should never use hot water and detergents.
It is best to rinse the filter and its elements in cold settled water. Then you need to collect the filter and install it in a clean aquarium.
If you have home flowers, they can be watered with merged water from the aquarium.
If at the bottom of the aquarium there is fine sand, the water will quickly rot and become muddy. You can get rid of this, if together with the dirt to remove some of the sand and replace it with clean soil.
If you have a plastic aquarium, you cannot use the scraper – it will scratch the transparent wall. Use foam sponges and carefully filter the water.
How to clean the soil in the aquarium :: cleaning the aquarium siphon :: Care and upbringing
The aquarium is not only interior decoration, pleasant emotions, beautiful fish and the pleasure of contemplation. This object requires careful and regular maintenance: water replacement, fish treatment, cleaning of the filter and glasses, removal of lower algae and, of course, cleaning. ground.
The latter, as the most labor-intensive process, should be given special attention. So, how to clean the soil in aquarium?
The question “How does a little girl retrain to go to the tray (she is 4 months old)? “- 3 answers
1. The first few weeks after buying an aquarium should not be turned over the soil. Water in aquarium fresh, the inhabitants only settle down.
However, each feeding (and this should be done no more than once a day) should be moderate, that is, fish food should not remain at the bottom and even have time to sink to ground.
2. Further, the soil should be cleaned every month, because the particles of uneaten food and waste of the inhabitants of the aquarium are constantly falling to the bottom. If they are not removed, they can start to rot. In the process of decay, the bacteria emit a poisonous gas – hydrogen sulfide. The “sour” soil is very easy to identify: turn it over with your hand and smell the bubbles that have risen.
If there is no smell, everything is in order. If the bubbles smell of acidic algae and rotten eggs – urgently siphon the ground.
3. For cleaning ground A special aquarium siphon should be purchased – a funnel cylinder worn on the hose. With it, it is convenient to siphon, that is, to clean the soil in any aquarium.
4. The cleaning process ground – the same process of replacing part of the water. Fish do not need to be planted. Cylinder-funnel on the siphon stick and voroshite soil to the ground, rising sand and pebbles over the course of pull and accumulated waste.
Heavy soil quickly falls back to the bottom, not dragging into the siphon, but the dirt particles go through the tube into the drain. When the water at the tip of the siphon becomes clear, stick it in the next section ground.
Hold it for a few seconds for every 5 cm bottom. Until it is filled with muddy water on the hose drain bucket.
5. Add fresh water to the aquarium. The first few hours after cleaning the water in aquarium may be slightly unclear. Nothing wrong with that.
Be patient, the slurry will settle to the bottom, and the water will assume its usual transparent state.
6. To remove all sediment from highly contaminated ground, Pebbles need to completely get out of the aquarium, after transplanting fish into another container and pouring all the water. This is a very time-consuming procedure and should be resorted to no more than once every 6-12 months. If you get all the soil from the bottom, rinse it under running water, rinse thoroughly, without using any detergents.
Fill it with water several times and drain it. Soil can fall asleep back to the aquarium.