maintenance, care, compatibility
The cleaning algorithm is usually the following:
- we clean the walls from algal plaque;
- if necessary, we clean the scenery: stones, grottoes;
- if there are plants in the aquarium, we will weed and trim them;
- ground siphon (this procedure is not always performed);
- pour out of the aquarium of the water – this can be done during the siphon or on purpose;
- if necessary, wash the filter equipment;
- Pour clean water.
Before you start cleaning the aquarium, you must turn off all electrical equipment, except for external filters.
And now about everything in more detail.
We are preparing the aquarium to launch the fish at home
From the first minute of the appearance of the glass house, you need to know how often wall cleaning is required, as well as the correctness of the procedure. There is only one correct way of preparation, it needs to be remembered:
- Put the container “breathe” open at room temperature. This is required for the complete disappearance of the aroma of silicone. If the aquarium was purchased in winter, then it is worth leaving the dishes for the night so that the walls do not burst during cleaning.
- Regular baking soda and sponge – with their help, wash the walls outside and inside to clean the glass from any infections. Water use only warm, thorough flushing is required.
- Pour half of the desired amount of water, separated in 24 hours. Water immediately from the tap can not be poured!
- Lay out at the bottom of the “rocks”, living pebbles, “natural” caves and other interior required for convenient location of pets.
Tip! Very often, fish of a certain type require regular pebbles both on the bottom and fixed on the walls.
It is best to use a special glue that perfectly attaches the stones and does not poison the fish.
- After a full day, add all the water, retreating 5-7 cm from the edge of the aquarium.
- Run the fishes.
- If the water does not “run away”, then after 3-5 days it is drained, replacing it with a new one. Do not forget about the mandatory sludge fluid.
Tip! After changing the water for the first time for 1.5-2 months, the water is not completely changed at all!
Such a measure is necessary to create a natural biological balance. At the same time, it is necessary to frequently remove yellowed or rotted leaves of algae.
But do not forget to follow the behavior of the fish – it will show how comfortable the pets are in the new environment. Guppies are considered the best for beginners – these representatives do not require much care and quickly adapt to any conditions.
Restarting is called partial or complete replacement of plants, thorough cleaning of the walls. The procedure should be carried out only in the presence of infections, complete water pollution or if you got the “water world” from a careless owner and you need to completely clean up all the consequences of such “care.”
- Catch fish and put in a temporary shelter;
- Drain all the water, catch and rinse using baking soda or special solutions “interior” of the aquarium;
- Remove and clean soil fractions contaminated with excrement, rotten plants and other debris. This is done under a stream of water, in parts (preferably using a strainer), and with very noticeable dirt, the ground is completely changed. By the way, a good result is provided by cleaning with a siphon or a hose with a watering can at the end: open the water, run the watering can into the ground and rinse it turns out perfectly. If an infection has started in the ground, then it must be boiled in water. Usually, the soil is cleaned every 3-4 weeks;
- Washing the walls of the aquarium is the next stage of work. Glass needs to be washed completely. To do this, use a nylon sponge for washing dishes, scrapers (for removing plaque) and other improvised means. It is important not to scratch the walls of the aquarium, otherwise it is in such scratches that all the dirt will collect. Disinfection of the tank is carried out by means of boiling water, then the glass is cooled;
- Pour water on a third of the volume;
- Lay the soil and put back all the washed accessories (without plants);
- Let the water stand for about a week and you can plant plants that have survived in normal form, supplementing with new algae;
- Another 3-4 days and you can run the fish, topping up with water to the desired volume.
It takes time and some money to complete a full cleaning of the aquarium, but this is not all: before filling the tank with fish, it is necessary to conduct water samples.
How to wash an aquarium for fish :: what you can wash an aquarium :: Animals :: Other
Aquarium – This is a complex system that requires the creation of certain conditions: lighting, temperature, oxygen saturation, water filtration. To maintain the necessary biological balance, the aquarium must be kept clean.
In order not to harm the underwater inhabitants, you should follow some rules when cleaning.
The question “Why are cats not a commodity, when there are already reviews about them?” – 1 reply
- – glass aquarium scrapers;
- – magnetic scraper;
- – sponge;
- – glove (mitten) for the body;
- – hose with a tip and a pear;
- – Toothbrush;
- – brush;
- – baking soda;
- – whitening agent “whiteness”.
1. Choose a glass cleaning method. The green coating on the walls gives an untidy look to the aquarium and makes it difficult to observe fish. Algae fouling is formed in 1-2 weeks depending on the location of the aquarium.
Clean glass as it gets dirty. Use an aquarium scraper, a clean sponge for washing dishes, a glove or a magnetic scraper. The choice of these devices depends on the thickness of the raid.
For example, small patches of green are easily removed with a sponge. It is very convenient to remove plaque in the corners of the aquarium, if you wear a special glove on your hand. With a significant overgrowing of the walls, use an aquarium scraper.
If you do not want to wet your hands, use a magnetic scraper – this is the best device for removing algae.
2. Clean the bottom. At the bottom of the aquarium accumulate sewage, which lead to the deterioration of water – it is the waste products of fish and snails, remnants of food, rotting debris of plants. Remove them with a siphon – a rubber or plastic hose with a tip on one side and a pear on the other.
Collect garbage, carefully avoiding the plants. If there is a lot of dirt, lightly press on the ground to remove old accumulations between the stones.
Wait for settling turbidity and repeat the procedure.
3. Clean the filter. Wash it as it clogs. If you notice a change in the pumping of water, you should release the sponge from the dirt accumulated in them. Remove the fillers and wash them with plenty of water without using detergents.
To restore the free flow of water, remove the mucus from the filter nozzle with a toothbrush. Hold it for 2-3 minutes under a strong stream of cold water – this will remove the remaining films.
4. Clean the scenery. In the aquarium, not only the walls and the bottom become dirty, but the scenery also darkens. For the attractiveness of the underwater world, various objects are used: stones, corals, ceramics, snags, plastic plants.
The job of cleaning them depends on the decoration material and the degree of contamination. Green scurf on objects made of plastic and unbaked clay should be rubbed with a stiff sponge.
Blackened koryagya can return the original form, if you clean it with a paste of baking soda. To do this, get it out of the water and sprinkle with plenty of powder. After half an hour, clean the white gruel from the surface with a stiff brush and rinse the logs thoroughly.
You can remove overgrown algae with a bleaching agent. Place blackened stones, corals, and ceramics in a solution (1 part of “Whiteness”: 10 parts of water) of bleaching agent for 1-2 hours.
After that, wash the decorations in running water for at least an hour until the smell is completely eliminated.
5. Change the water. When cleaning the ground, part of the water was drained along with the dirt. If there are live plants in the tank, inspect them and remove the yellow stems.
Top up the settled water, not forgetting that the fresh portion should not exceed 15-20% of the total volume of the aquarium.
In order for your aquarium to please you and your household for a long time, you need to maintain certain natural conditions for the fish in it. This is done using filters, compressors, lighting.
But without additional cleaning, the aquarium will quickly become dirty, so you need to clean the aquarium regularly and correctly.
- Scraper for glasses
- Rubber hose with a tip
- Pre-settled water
1. The first step is to clean the windows. Clean the glass of the aquarium from a specific coating should be regularly to maintain the beautiful aesthetic appearance of the aquarium.
The raid is cleaned quite easily with a special scraper. If there is no such scraper, then you can use a regular sponge for washing dishes, a razor blade or a plastic card such as a credit card for these purposes.
2. The second step is to clean the soil in the aquarium. The task of this stage is the removal of sewage, which is deposited in the ground. This may be not eaten food, and the remnants of the rotten leaves of plants.
They can be removed using a hose with a glass or metal tip. The diameter of the tube must be of such a size that the water with debris passes through it.
This cleaning step should be carried out very carefully so as not to damage the fish in the tank.
3. Then you need to change the water in the aquarium. Water must first be allowed to settle to remove chlorine impurities. The recommended volume of water changes is no more than 20-30% of the total volume of the aquarium, not more.
If you carry out the substitution more often than once a week, then this may have a bad effect on the health of the fish.
4. The final stage of cleaning the aquarium is flushing the filter. The filter is disassembled and thoroughly washed. Especially well you need to clean the filter element – a sponge.
In these sponges dirt accumulates, which the filter absorbs from the aquarium water. When washing the filter you should never use hot water and detergents. It is best to rinse the filter and its elements in cold settled water.
Then you need to collect the filter and install it in a clean aquarium.
If you have home flowers, they can be watered with merged water from the aquarium.
If at the bottom of the aquarium there is fine sand, the water will quickly rot and become muddy. You can get rid of this, if together with the dirt to remove some of the sand and replace it with clean soil.
If you have a plastic aquarium, you cannot use the scraper – it will scratch the transparent wall. Use foam sponges and carefully filter the water.
Many lovers of aquarium fish are wondering if it is worth cleaning the bottom in the aquarium at all, because nobody does this in nature in natural water bodies, the plants grow remarkably and the fish swim. The fact is that, compared to natural water bodies, the aquarium has a small volume, and the uneaten food and fish faeces that have fallen into the water pollute the water, thereby giving the green light for the development of pathogenic microbes.
Therefore, cleaning the aquarium is an important and integral point in the content of the fish.