maintenance, care, compatibility
Let the rooster as much food as he eat in 2 minutes. Pour 4-6 pellets of food on the surface of the water, and see how quickly he can cope with them.
If the fish will not take this food, or spit it out, this is not a good sign. Either the feed did not fit, or the fish didn’t get used to it, or it got sick.
If she does not eat the feed, it will sink to the bottom of the tank, where it will decompose, releasing ammonia. This substance will cause a deterioration in the health of the fish, will create an extremely unhealthy biological environment.
In case of untimely cleaning of the aquarium, improper replacement of water, it will be difficult to maintain the health of the pet.
In addition, if your rooster goes beyond eating for 2 minutes, he will get used to such feeding. It turns out, the fish will begin to overeat.
After examining the abdomen, and noticing a significant bulge on it (in the area of the ventral fins), know that the fish is overweight.
- How often to feed Betta fish cockerel?
Young males, which are purchased in stores, need to be fed in small portions 1-2 times a day. Aquarium fish do not need to feed often, it is better to feed a little, and add food if they themselves ask.
During the spawning period, fish are fed 2 times a day, fry betta cockerels also, 2 times a day.
For these fish it is useful to arrange fasting days, skipping meals. The digestive system will have a “break” to restore, which will allow the body to get rid of accumulated toxins. Good to miss one day of eating.
You can choose Sunday, when many will be at home, doing their own thing. On weekdays, feeding must be resumed.
Despite the fact that betta betus are omnivorous creatures, but they lead a predatory life. Remember their nickname “Siamese fighting fish”? They will attack, bite, and eat another fish that is a potential threat to them.
This means that protein food is an advantage for them.
Look at the feeding of the cockerel worms (grindal worms).
Food that should be in the diet of the fighting cockerel alternately:
- Flakes for fish – you can give a cockerel not very often, they are inexpensive. If the cock refuses him – continue to give him a bloodworm.
- Cockerel granules – specially developed feed for Betta splendens. They are sold in pet stores, and are almost a daily feed for roosters. But some pellets are too large for small fish, they drown too quickly, and are perceived as waste.
- Dry food – in most pet stores they are, it can be processed bloodworms and artemia. Chickens appreciate such food!
- Frozen products – if you have the opportunity to catch or buy from a supplier of live moths, Artemia, a pipe worker in small batches, you can freeze them yourself in the freezer. This is not such an expensive pleasure, and, importantly, they love “freezing”. It is important not to thaw and freeze the feed again, otherwise it will lose its quality and will be unsuitable.
- Live food – as mentioned earlier, if you have the opportunity to buy or catch live moth or artemia, they are suitable as food. But there is a remark about such a feeding: worms can reach an infection in the aquarium directly from the pond. If you have a question, why did the fish get sick – maybe the reason for the infected feed? Do not risk with it, better freeze the worms.
See how a cockerel fish eats boiled cabbage.
Summing up the above, the fighting cockerel feeding is possible with the feed of such feed:
- Frozen or live bloodworm;
- Frozen or live artemia;
- Frozen or live daphnia;
- Frozen vitreous worms (if available);
- Frozen beef heart;
- Frozen worms (live pipemaker often carries parasites or bacteria, in a live form it is better to avoid);
- Frozen shrimp meat;
- Living earthworms;
- Live insects and their larvae;
- Scalded lettuce, spinach.
Frozen foods should not be given at the same time as dry foods, and combine all types of feed. Dry food in large portions can cause digestive problems that can lead to more serious health problems.
The cockerel or betta fish (Latin Betta splendens) is one of the most popular aquarium fish. Natural habitat – freshwater ditches, rivers, streams of Southeast Asia.
Often found in paddy fields. For the first time the fish was noticed by residents of Siam at the beginning of the XIX century. The “stranger” was distinguished by aggressive behavior towards his relatives.
Later, the fighting fish was transferred to the imperial court, where it was examined by European scientists invited to the country. Residents of Siam used the cockerel in the “fish” battles: the males vehemently demonstrated their strength, but no deaths occurred.
The genus Betta charges more than 70 species, and the Betta splendens cockerel is one of them. There are 6 more types of betta, which are not related to a particular type.
The genus Betta is divided into 2 groups: the representatives of the first build a foam nest, the second – incubate the eggs in the mouth. Today, aquarium betta ordinary are full of a variety of shapes and colors, so it is important for them to provide constant care.
How to feed the cockerel fish :: how cockerel fish breed :: Aquarium fish
Watching fish in an aquarium is a very exciting thing. The inhabitants of the underwater world are so diverse! Attractive for its bright color and shape of fins is the cockerel fish.
If you decide to keep one in an aquarium, you should find out about its gastronomic preferences.
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
- – live bloodworm;
- – crustaceans;
- – frozen bloodworm;
- – pipemaker;
- – dry food from a pet store.
1. The betta betta fish is picky about food and can eat different foods: dry, live, frozen. The usual diet consists of moths, crustaceans, tubule and dry food, but the cock gives preference to live worms and crustaceans. Bloodworm – the most accessible and common feed.
Use only fresh and live moths. Worms must stir, have no unpleasant smell and have a bright red (small) or red (large) color.
To keep the live moth off the bottom when feeding, use a special floating feeder. Worms gradually crawl out of it into the water and the fish have time to eat them.
2. If you feed the rooster with crustaceans, first gently rinse the feed in a net with running water. Select several live specimens and place in a small jar of water.
Lower the jar into the aquarium at an angle. The crustaceans will swim out and become a treat for your fish.
The rooster has a good appetite and he eats everything readily. To keep the fish from overeating, limit the amount of food. Divide the daily portion by 2-3 times and offer food in small portions.
For nutrition, alternate feed. Do not forget that frozen bloodworm and dry crustaceans should be only a minor supplement, the main part of the diet must be provided at the expense of live food.
3. If you need to change the diet, teach the rooster to a new feed gradually. The fish will be capricious at first, but then begins to eat it with great pleasure. Add a new treat in small portions to the main, and then make a replacement completely.
Before feeding the fish, pay attention to the size of its abdomen. The rooster itself makes a variety of its menu.
He successfully hunts for aquarium snails (nat, horn coils, melania).
Offer cocks of crustaceans in limited quantities. Excess feed rot and spoil the water in the aquarium.
Do not place large snails – ampoules in the aquarium with cocks. Small fishes eat at them short mustaches, and snails will perish.
Any pets – whether cats, hamsters, parrots or aquarium fish – unwittingly tied the owners to the house. After all, they need constant care – feeding, treatment, caress and so on.
Therefore, every time when for some reason the owners have to leave the house even just for a few days, many people fall into a real panic – who will take care of their favorites?
Of course, aquarists are no exception. They are also very worried about how much you can not feed the fish.
After all, no one wants to go home and see the pets that have popped up abdomen.
Definitely answer this question is quite difficult.
The fact is that different fish have different needs in feed. The more active they are, the more often and denser they need to eat.
For example, barbs – these small comets in an aquarium – should eat more often and get more calories. A leisurely cockerel or catfish needs a much smaller amount of food. It also depends on the fatness of the fish.
If they are overweight (yes, in fish it is the same as in any animals), then they will be able to stretch longer. But in any case, if you need to leave home for five to seven days, you can not worry about their pets.
If you live fish that lead a very quiet, inconspicuous and unhurried lifestyle, they can easily stretch for a couple of weeks.
True, after returning it is better not to feed them with dry feed, preferring live ones. And in general, after the diet it is worth gradually increasing portions so that the fish do not eat.
Of course, the ideal solution to this problem would be to ask the neighbors to help out – to say what and how many times to feed aquarium fish, to explain when it is necessary to turn on and off the lighting and quietly go on business. But if there is no such possibility, you can simply feed the fish more tightly, turn on the compressor and leave the house.
However, this applies only to adult fish.
The fry, alas, are not able to stretch even five days without food. Therefore, planning a trip should be careful not to risk the health and life of their pets.