maintenance, care, compatibility
Not everyone has a place to put an aquarium or time to devote to caring for them. The best way out is to have an aquarium of 20 liters, which can decorate a desktop or a small table.
In any case, he will give the room some zest, if properly kept clean and organize the space for the little inhabitants.
It is not uncommon for small aquariums that they organize spring-water filters, which make the reservoir interesting. The meaning of the spring is to create a fancy bundle for the sand, which looks very much like fancy stones.
This can be achieved through carbon dioxide, which precipitates and binds the sand between them.
A special find for the aquarist is sandstone, which for such a small volume does not need much. This decorative material allows you to create unique compositions that advantageously emphasize the beauty of the aquarium in the photo and live.
For small aquariums suitable plates, which successfully disguise servicing devices, in large – create a unique relief.
Before you run there fish take your time, create a microclimate for the inhabitants according to all the rules of the launch of the aquarium. Start by planting plants, determine how many and which ones you can do on your own, even on a photo from networks and clubs.
Let’s see what and how many fish, and what plants can be kept in small aquariums.
Successful plants that are optimally planted in a 20-liter aquarium:
- Other plants with small leaves.
Vertebrates, invertebrates and mollusks are excellent for settling such an aquarium. With the right approach, all three classes can be combined in one aquarium.
However, the traditional option is still the establishment of small-sized fish or one medium-sized fish.
If you decide to populate the aquarium with fish, then pay attention to the following options:
- Petushki. Rather common fish, thanks to a unique coloring and lush tails. In 20 liters can contain 1 male and from 3 to 5 females. The cockerel is not very picky about oxygen saturation, because it can breathe atmospheric air. Watch carefully how many degrees outside the aquarium, because the fish is able to swallow atmospheric air.
- Neons A small flock of 5 or more fish will decorate a small aquarium. The photo clearly shows the variety of colors. They are mischievous and picky, which makes them favorites for beginning aquarists. Maximum length – 4 cm.
- Danio rerio. These fish you can get up to 20 pieces in a 20-liter aquarium. Schooling fish calmly tolerate cold water of 15 degrees and very warm at 30. Most often, the fish do not exceed 4 cm in length.
- Guppy The most common inhabitants of the aquarium in beginners. You need to be prepared that every week in your aquarium 2-3 females will produce dozens of new fry. Initially, the process is fascinating, but soon begins to annoy. The size of the male is about 4 cm, females up to 6.
- Koridoras. If there are no sharp stones in your tank, you can release a few catfish into the tank. In the photo you can see small antennae, which serve as organs of touch, therefore the ground should be soft and without sharp corners. They love the company, so from 3 to 5 individuals get along well in a small area.
- Cardinal Easy to care fish. Everyone eats, loves plants and cool water from 18 to 21 degrees. Quietly survive with a population of 3-4 fish per 10 liters.
- Micro disassembly. Looking at her photo, it seems that she was created specifically to keep her in a mini-aquarium. The length of her body rarely exceeds 2 centimeters, and is not picky about water temperature. However, not very popular in aqua stores because of the low price.
- Norman blue-eyed Neon fish have always attracted seekers of the exotic. Small fish up to 4 cm are notable for their quick behavior and mischievous character. How many do not look, and they continue to catch the eye.
These options are ideal for combinations, with the exception of males. If the traditional options do not seduce you, pay attention to the exotic, for example, freshwater shrimp:
- Cherry shrimp. The ideal inhabitant of the aquarium, has a small size (up to 3 cm) and is superbly reproduced in captivity.
- Japanese pond. Individuals reach 6 centimeters, have a gray tint and help fight algae. But, the big minus is that it is impossible to achieve reproduction in aquariums.
- Crystal. Exotic color and small size allow you to contain almost as much as you want, and allow the parameters of water, as it is not too dependent on the microclimate. Minus – a very high cost.
- Cardinal Shrimp for professionals, rare and expensive, but very beautiful.
- Yellow The little yellow shrimp is not too whimsical, but it requires constant feeding. If you allow fasting, it will raise the plants.
As for the question, how many shrimps can be kept in a 20 liter aquarium, it is important to note their size here. For example, up to 50 cherries will live together in 20 liters.
With fishes it is necessary to limit quantity a little. Shrimp can not be kept with medium and large fish, otherwise they will fall as feed.
The optimal combination of 10 cherries and 5-7 small fish.
To decorate the aquarium, you can add a few small snails there that will help keep it clean:
- Helena. It looks pretty snail that feeds on other snails such as pond snails and reels. If there are none, then he eats fish food and breeds well.
- Neretina. Spectacular snail, which cleans plants and walls, but does not occur in fresh water.
- Ampullar. Possible, but undesirable option. Cheap, common, but leaves a lot of waste and spoils the plants.
In order for everyone to feel comfortable, try to change 1/5 of the volume of the aquarium at least once a week.
Deciding what kind of fish to start first in your tank can be sudden, and can be thought out. Unfortunately, novice aquarists are often guided by the very first impulse, completely without understanding the fish.
And then, instead of joy and pleasure, they get a headache and problems. You need to choose the fish wisely, because their life and your comfort depend on your choice.
Before you go to the store or to the market, study all the available information about the fish that you liked.
What kind of fish is not worth buying for beginners, we have considered here. And the top 10 unusual fish here.
And in order to make it easier for you to navigate, we have compiled a list of the best aquarium fish for beginners and briefly described them. All of them are distinguished by unpretentiousness, tolerance to conditions in an aquarium, peaceful nature, livableness and modest size.
We hope that it will help make your choice easier!