Dear colleagues! Today I would like to offer you to explore a lengthy article on tooth-toothed.
For a variety of colors and shapes, tooth-tooth have few direct competitors. Their unique biology makes these fish an excellent target for keeping in an amateur home aquarium.
Fish from the family kartozubyh can be found on all continents of the globe, except Oceania and Australia. But the majority of species of fish of this family live in subtropical and tropical regions of our planet.
The very first description of the fish of the family Fundulus heteroclites was Karl Linnaeus. In 1925, Mayer singled out the two families of Cyprinodon and Fundulus, the genus Aphyosemion.
True, this is only a small part of systematic surveyors of this group of fish.
Real interest on the part of aquarists to the tooth-tooth began to grow from the moment they began to discover new species. And even today, when it seems that all the nooks of our planet have been studied, researchers regularly discover new species of fish.
Why are ichthyologists so passionate about this family of fish? The main reason is a wide variety of species as well as high adaptation qualities, due to which a huge number of species and forms have appeared as a result of evolution.
In the second half of the 20th century, amateur and professional communities of aquarists, who specialized in the maintenance, breeding and popularization of the toothed carpenters, began to actively form. Most of these communities were organized in Europe and the United States of America.
Unfortunately, the domestic aquarism cannot boast of such things, as there was simply no decent carpenters collection at that time. These experts in this topic could literally be counted on the fingers. There were many reasons for this:
- The first reason was the short life cycle of the fish. As a rule, in aquarium conditions, the life of a cartoot is 1-2 years, which you will agree, is not enough. If the aquarist does not set himself the goal of continuous reproduction of fish, you will have to buy new fish every year.
- The second reason is that only males have a bright color, they are also more attractive for keeping in a home aquarium. Most species kartozubyh quite aggressive and extremely territorial. This suggests that in the same bank to grow several males will be extremely problematic. To reduce the level of mutual hostility, for each male there should be several females. And this is a very negative impact on the decorative qualities of the canine with toothed.
- The third reason lies in the chemical composition of aquarium water. Most kartozubyh need mute light, soft and sour water, as well as prefer peaty aquarium soil. Unfortunately, most species of aquarium plants in such an environment can hardly live and develop.
- The fourth reason is a small aquarium. In order for the male and several females to equip their nest, an aquarium with a volume of 5 to 20 liters will reach, but in order to maintain biological balance in such an aqua, the aquarist will have to literally sleep on such an aquarium. I have always told my readers that the smaller the volume of the aquarium, the more problems with it.
- The fifth reason is the long-term self-isolation of the former USSR from the rest of the world for a long time. This, in turn, greatly slowed down the development of international relations and the exchange of aquarium fish. In Soviet times, as a rule, ardent enthusiasts and like-minded people were engaged in an aquarium, who constantly shared fish and plants among themselves.
- And the last reason why domestic aquaria was not engaged in tooth-toes is the lack of a full-fledged literature on this type of fish. In our literature, information about the representatives of karzubyh is superficial. In general, in our literature one can find descriptions of several afiosemions, a couple of Notobranchus and a few African pikes. In general, everything is very bad.
But let’s consider the above problems on the other hand. Of course, kartozubyh short life cycle, in contrast to other aquatic aquatic organisms.
However, aquarists are quite stubborn and active people, and it is not enough for us to just keep any fish. Each experienced aquarist tries to step to the next step in his development and tries to breed fish.
And breeding kartozubyh is not as difficult as other fish. Of course, in any family there are species that are considered problematic, but this quality is inherent in absolutely all families of aquarium fish.
It can be very difficult for an aquarist who has got himself notobranchuses, because they are extremely aggressive. The predominance of females and dense vegetation can slightly reduce aggression, but this is not a panacea.
Also, do not forget that not all the aquariums are equally good, the Dutch aquarium immediately disappears. Suitable plants can be easily found on the market, with this the aquarist will have no problems.
As a means of landscaping banks, you can use various types of cryptocorynes, ferns, bolbitis, etc.
You should not be afraid that in a small aquarium the biobalance is immediately disturbed. With proper care, you can quite successfully contain a small can of up to 50 liters.
Without proper care, you can turn a 1000-liter jar into a real swamp, here as someone who cares for their pets. To the delight of domestic aquarists, communications are being established with various foreign companies that supply new and old types of carpsill to pet stores.
And in order to eradicate a lack of information, I urge all aquarists to share their experiences!
At this I have everything for today, the following material will be devoted to the Philippines. Stay tuned to the blog and you are guaranteed not to miss another useful material.