maintenance, care, compatibility
The main problems of small tanks are:
- first, the compatibility of fish, when it is necessary to take into account not only their size, but also the level of aggression, mobility, and so on;
- secondly, it is that difficulties with the provision of effective filtration in a small volume and the daily feeding of fish accelerate the growth of algae, and these are additional concerns for cleaning, prevention of diseases, etc.
Therefore, the population of such reservoirs must be carefully considered in advance. Preference is better to give calm fish no longer than 4-5 cm.
Calloplesiops altivelis. A large number of shelters and the presence of shaded places in the aquarium is mandatory for this pet.
His lifestyle is nocturnal. Bright light does not like.
If shelter is not enough, it will become nervous, fearful, and this trait will no longer be corrected.
Thalassoma lunare. In their youth, these fish are gray and inconspicuous, but as they grow up they turn into beautiful, wondrous creatures, just like ugly ducklings.
They need a large aquarium (at least 450 liters) with ample space for swimming. Predatory fish, all small fish will destroy. Behavior is quite aggressive: they oppress not only those who are smaller, but also those who resemble them externally.
In case of danger can hide among the stones.
Of course, not all the fish for the marine aquarium are listed here, but only the most common ones.
In conclusion, we say that sea fish are quite expensive – this is not a very pleasant fact. And without investing time, energy and knowledge they can be quickly ruined.
Yes, and pick up sea fish for the aquarium – is not easy.
The combination of colors, shape, compatibility, density of planting, requirements for conditions – this is not a complete list of what needs to be provided. Therefore, it is better to choose small, peaceful and as unpretentious individuals as possible.
They are cheaper, they have less pollution, less likely to invisible transfer of infections and parasites. Dare!
Marine aquarium fish are incredibly popular because of their exotic appearance. Endemics of the seas and oceans, all kinds of marine fish bring many different colors into the room, pleasing the eye of visitors. Fish of various sizes swim in saline and vast bodies of water, and not all can be accommodated in a home aquarium.
Not all species will be able to settle down in cramped, and in spacious, public aquariums too. In order for a successful adaptation to take place in a reservoir, several rules must be considered.
To settle the little sea fish in the home aquarium, you need to know the following rules:
- Take into account the possibility of compatibility of fish with other species – analyzing the size, diet, the degree of aggressive nature, swimming speed.
- In a tank of small capacity, it will be more difficult to establish effective filtration, and daily feeding will accelerate the growth of algae. We’ll have to often care for cleanliness in the pond, removing all contamination.
- Small fish are more unpretentious in maintenance and care, but their settlement must be thought out in advance. Choose small, calm fish body size up to 5 cm in length. For now, give up the voracious and predatory species.
Admire the spacious sea aquarium.
To settle larger fish in a spacious tank, you must:
- Choose an aquarium of at least 300 liters.
- Promptly remove waste products and waste.
- Settle in a spacious aquarium better flock species of fish.
- Consider such characteristics of fish as: mobility, poisonousness, food habits (omnivores, herbivores, predators), whether corals are destroyed.
- Do not buy large fish spontaneously – because they are expensive and difficult to care for. Before buying sea fish, you can consult a specialist.
- Parrot fish (lat. Chlorurus bleekeri) probably the fish received the name because of the similarity of its mouth with a bird’s beak. There are varieties of colors and forms of this fish. Fish use their powerful jaw to grind sea corals, where they search for invertebrates for food. They play an important role in the ecosystem of the World Ocean – due to the fragmentation of corals, sands are formed near coral reefs. Having bitten off a layer of coral, a parrot fish will crush it with a powerful jaw, grasping invertebrates. Then she spits out the remains of coral crumbs.
Fire Angel Fish (Flame Angel) is a parrot fish congener. Often it can be seen in reef aquariums, where it is replete with its beauty.
The fiery angel is capricious to the parameters of the aquatic environment. It gets along well with other marine fish swimming in corals.
Diet – invertebrates in live and frozen form, feed of plant origin.
Fish surgeon (born Regal Tang) – got its name due to the sharp plate, which stands out at the base of the tail, and is used for protective purposes. The so-called “scalpel” fish sends to the enemy, and the conflict can be considered settled.
Regal tang – a beautiful marine life, eats algae. Some fish of this family feed on detritus and plankton.
Zebrasoma (eng. Zebrasoma) is a very beautiful sea fish of small size. In nature, it can be found singly, or in a small group.
Body color is bright yellow, the muzzle is narrow, with protruding lips. The nature of the fish is peaceful and curious.
They explore the reef bottom, finding algae in it. Prefer bright light for the growth of cyanobacteria.
One fish requires an aquarium of 200-300 liters.
Clown fish (Amphiprion) – characterized by an incredibly beautiful colors, is a real decoration of the marine aquarium. In nature, hiding in poisonous sea anemone – anemones.
Fish are immune to poisonous secretions of anemones. The fish have a peaceful nature, they breed well. Body size 10-18 cm.
Thanks to the constant movement, increase the flow of water, which brings actinia food.
See what a clown fish looks like.
In general, it is an artificial reservoir that imitates a part of the sea with its inhabitants. It has great differences from the freshwater counterpart.
This is a complex system that requires serious equipment to maintain certain water qualities, create currents and other conditions in order for creatures to live in it.
- attractive and exotic type of aquarium, able to decorate any interior;
- very beautiful, interesting and unusual inhabitants, who can not only be considered, but also tried to breed;
- the possibility of growing your own corals;
- does not require such frequent maintenance as in the case of freshwater.
- it is difficult to provide an optimal environment, control over the chemical composition of water is constantly required, powerful filtration and aeration are needed, only a certain type of soil is suitable;
- it is not easy to renew water (it is not suitable to drain and topping up parts of it); special devices are needed for regeneration and purification;
- It requires a lot of technical devices for maintenance, which are not placed in the aquarium, in addition, you need to purchase a special stand for them;
- This is not a cheap pleasure, as the equipment, materials and the marine animals themselves are expensive.
Marine aquariums have their own varieties. Here are the main ones:
- Only for fish. The cheapest and easiest to clean compared to others. It focuses on fish, so the scenery is small. Most often, predators (lionfish, moray eels, triggerfish), coral (angel, butterfly) and small flocks like clowns are placed in it.
- Mixed, in which the fish coexist with invertebrates (starfish, sea anemone, shrimp), soft corals, some intestinal cavities and live stones. Such reservoirs are more interesting, but they have their drawbacks: it is problematic to combine fish and invertebrates, brighter and longer lighting is required, which contributes to the rapid formation of plaque, it is difficult to treat fish because of the toxicity of drugs for invertebrates and so on.
- Coral, in which these polyps are adjacent to a few fish.
- Reef, which mimic the landscape, lighting and population of the coral reef. It is the most expensive and most difficult to maintain aquarium. It will be available only to specialists in marine aquaristics.
- Shark, in which (it is clear from the name) live sharks.
How to prepare the water and launch the aquarium?
❶ How to maintain a marine aquarium :: aquarium for marine fish :: aquarium fish
For the maintenance of marine fish and plants, it is necessary to carefully maintain conditions similar to their natural habitat. Therefore, it is important to constantly monitor the biological regime of the marine aquarium.
The question “opened a pet store. Business is not going. What to do? “- 2 answers
- – aquarium;
- – salt for saltwater aquarium;
- – pebble, sea sand, coral crumb;
- – feeder for fish;
- – hose for pumping water and cleaning the bottom;
- – hydrometer;
- – thermometer;
- – cooler;
- – lighting;
- – filtration system;
- – water circulation system;
- – nitrate reducer;
- – protein skimmer (foam separator column);
- – ultraviolet lamps;
- – ozonizer.
1. Pick up volume aquarium. One fish should have at least 25 liters of water.
Sea fish prefer long tanks. Some types of fish require deep aquariums.
2. Place a primer on the bottom of the tank. First place the filter plate, pour a layer of large gravel on it, and then a layer of fine sea sand.
Sprinkle coral crumb on top.
3. Prepare seawater. To do this, use a special mixture for marine aquariums. Never use for marine aquarium salt.
Water salinity should be 30-35%, density – 1.022, pH – 8-8.4, alkalinity level – 2.5-3.5 meq / L, calcium – 400-500 ppm Ca ++. Marine inhabitants aquarium sensitive to even the slightest fluctuations in the parameters of the environment, so it is necessary to carefully monitor the water temperature, its density, pH and salinity.
Note that over time, water will evaporate from aquarium, and its salinity will increase.
4. Organize a quality system of mechanical, chemical and biological filtration and regeneration of water to combat pollution, as well as protein deposits, which can cause the accumulation of dangerous toxins in water. Every week, change at least 1/4 of water aquarium on fresh proaerated water of the same density.
To destroy proteins, install ultraviolet lamps, a water ozonation device.
5. Take care of marine lighting aquarium for the normal growth of fish and plants. Illumination should be about 1 W per 1 cm².
Fluorescent lamps are suitable for fish, metal-halogen lamps for reefs.
6. Do not run the fish in the aquarium for about a month. This time is necessary for the ripening of the marine environment.
Then place some hardy fish in the aquarium. Gradually launch new individuals into the water, but not more than 2 species per week.
Finally, biological equilibrium will be established not earlier than in 4-6 months.
7. Stop using detergents and soap to clean the walls. aquarium. After cleaning, rinse the glass with water with a dechlorinator.
Do not put items that are not resistant to salt water in a marine aquarium, otherwise harmful substances may pass into the water and fish will become sick or even die.
Recently it is very fashionable to have aquarium. The presence of a small corner with fish and sea plants gives any room a sense of status and style. Competently designed, with properly selected content, aquarium can be a highlight of any interior.
The blessing modern technologies allow to form design of the room of any type. AND aquarium can be as a small element of the decor of an apartment or office, and a huge decorative partition in the room.
- A small aquarium (up to 50 liters), a water thermometer (a stable temperature must be maintained), a special lamp (for lighting and heating), a water ozonizer (for enriching water with oxygen), a filtration system. Please note – all this is best purchased in a specialty store and keep a receipt and warranty documentation, if any. In addition, the inhabitants of the aquarium – plants and fish, too, should be purchased in the profile shop, and not on the elemental market.
1. With the support of professionals, install aquarium to his stationary place (many pet stores provide similar services). In this case, there will be confidence in the proper installation and connection of additional elements – lighting, ozonizer, etc.
2. Type in aquarium water, filling out the bottom with pebbles and plants. About what to choose, you should talk to the consultants of the store.
3. When choosing the inhabitants of his aquariumand stay on one type of fish or invertebrates. So at first it will be easier to care for the room area.
The marine aquarium is the most difficult in grooming, it can not be installed in a place where direct sunlight falls – the inner surface of the glass is very quickly covered with green mucus, and this is not the best effect on the quality of the habitat for fish.
If you have never had an aquarium, it is better to start with a small aquarium with several fish. Already accustomed and having got the hand, in the future you can purchase a beautiful large aquarium, which will be the main decoration of the room and your pride.
Installing an aquarium in the house is a rather time-consuming process, but with an effort, you will soon be admiring beautiful fish. All aquariums can be divided into two types (depending on the water that is in them) – fresh and saltwater.
To determine for yourself which aquarium you should install, first think about which fish will inhabit it. Some species of fish simply cannot exist in fresh water and will die.
If exotic bright small fishes become inhabitants of your home sea deep, then, most likely, you should get an aquarium with sea water.
Preparing water for a saltwater aquarium is no different from preparing water for fresh water. Water must be defended for from two to seven days, cleaned from chlorine, ammonia and other harmful chemical compounds.
Then salt is diluted in water. It is better to buy one that is designed specifically for aquariums.
Such salt is sold in every pet store and has instructions.
In order to understand how to maintain a marine aquarium, you need to understand that there are some requirements that, undoubtedly, need to fulfill.
Fish that are accustomed to seawater love space, so longer pools should be chosen for them; at the same time on one fish of medium size, should be about 25 liters of water.
During the preparation of the tank aquarium it is better to wash it without the use of detergents – instead it is better to use dichloride. Before filling the water, prepare the soil and the objects that will be in the aquarium.
If you plan to install synthetic plants or houses for fish, pay great attention to how these items react to salt water: if they react with sea water, immediately abandon them, because harmful substances can lead to the death of the fish.
Also, before filling the aquarium with water, take care of lighting. After this, you can fill the aquarium with separated salt water, but do not rush to let the fish into the aquarium.
The water in the marine aquarium should be settled for another month – this period is necessary so that the environment of the aquarium is completely transformed into the sea. When this period is over, gradually launch fish into the aquarium, but not more than two species per week.
Any aquarium requires maintenance. How to care for a marine aquarium?
Yes, just like fresh water: make sure that the aquarium always has the right water level, change the water once a week, by about 20%, clean the walls of the aquarium (also once a week), keep the aquarium filter clean. All the time, check the temperature of the water – it should be in the range of 22-27 degrees.
Subject to the fulfillment of these requirements, your fish every now and then will please your eye every day!
The marine aquarium is a unique small piece of the seabed, an amazing world of bright and beautiful fish. But its settlement should be approached very responsibly.
It is important to correctly navigate a huge assortment of marine fish in order to form their friendly community. To contain them is several times more difficult than freshwater, because for all representatives of marine life requires a fairly large glass “house” and compliance with special conditions.
The marine aquarium itself should be designed in the manner of a true saltwater system with an optimal light and temperature regime. Only a competent, responsible approach to the appearance in your home of an aquarium with sea fish will allow you to create your little underwater kingdom.
There are many types of sea fish, but only a few of them adapt well to the new place of residence. The following specimens are considered the most popular and the most “tenacious”.
These are attractive individuals, for which it is interesting to observe, and their content does not cause much trouble. Dogs are ideal inhabitants for a reef aquarium.
They need small crevices and grooves. They feed mainly on plant foods, that is, living algae, frozen or dried food and corals with small polyps. Their maximum length is 10 cm.
Such fish get along poorly in groups, so it is better to settle them one by one or in a pair of “male-female”.