Good day, dear readers of the blog aqua-blog.com.ua. Here is the time of the next post, and I will happily start writing it.
Please do not judge me strictly on my way of expressing thoughts. You understand, everyone has their own)
And our post today will be devoted to aquarium fish. Well, to be more precise, proper care for the inhabitants of their aquarium. After all, to whom we admire if in our “bank” there will not be a single fish?
Or there will be several of them and they will hide all the time. If you decide to start an aquarium, then you take responsibility, because living organisms will live in it.
Immediately request to those who belong to their aquariums is not at the proper level – if you do not want to engage in it, do not start. Well, if you have a desire to organize an underwater garden in your home, then be so kind as to bring everything to the end and at the proper level.
Something I started talking, however, do not you think so? 🙂 Well, okay, I proceed directly to the topic of the post. Aquarium fish and their care are an integral part of the successful and normal maintenance of any aquarium. Now it has become very fashionable and popular to breed aquarium fish.
Some do it for fun, some aquarium fans, well, some have a good income from it. In general, the very idea of launching an aquarium is a kind of desire to make you feel comfortable in your house or apartment. Well, firstly, it is very beautiful and spectacular, especially if the aquarium is rather big.
Immediately I want to warn, care for aquarium fish is practically not required. Much time is occupied by cleaning the aquarium, I am talking about large-scale aquariums.
However, before you go to the store, to the market, or to the master to order an aquarium from him, you must be very serious about buying his inhabitants. Think about what kinds of fish you plan to keep, weigh all the pros and cons.
Read the literature, which fish can not get along with each other and so on. Let’s take everything step by step:
No need to be surprised, but you already start caring for fish from the moment you buy an aquarium. It is its shape, volume and size that determine the comfort of its inhabitants.
From this it follows that the life expectancy of aquarium fish, as well as the quality of life depends directly on the aquarium.
When selecting the shape and size of the aquarium, never forget the following points:
– the larger the aquarium, the less care it needs (however, it should be immediately noted that you should not think that you need to clean it no more than once a month. Fish, sorry for the expression, also shit, so these things should be regularly removed) ;
– the size of the selected aquarium should correspond to the size and number of fish (which is why everyone advises to buy fish before buying, because the bigger the fish, the more they will need swimming places. Focus on this criterion: for fish up to 5 cm you need 4 – 5 liters of water. Based on this, compare the volume of the aquarium with the number of inhabitants and their size (nothing complicated, simple math);
– Pay due attention to the landscape design of your aquarium, as some fish need shelter in the form of stones, bushes, etc., and some prefer open water. When planning an aquarium, consider this factor);
– the form of an aquarium chosen by you should not create various complications during its cleaning and maintenance, it’s better to give up extraordinary proportions and get yourself a regular rectangular aquarium. It seems to have figured out this, let’s go further.
Stones, soil, plants, snags and other attributes – is a prerequisite for the normal maintenance of aquarium fish. For us, it is clear – this is an ordinary decoration. But do not forget, in this “bank” you should not swim, so take care of its inhabitants) Try to create conditions in your underwater garden that will maximally remind its inhabitants of natural conditions, so that no one will feel discomfort.
I’ll say right away that it will take a lot of effort and precious time, but believe me, this is worth it. You want the fish to live happily and happily? I think you want.
Soil for the aquarium should be selected carefully. I will not cover this topic now, for this I will dedicate a whole post.
You better subscribe to blog updates to not miss interesting articles.
In general, the aquariums are now decorated as they want: they put huge rocks, like rocks, on the bottom; strewn the bottom with moss; stones of various shapes are laid, a special decorative film with and without drawings is glued to the back wall of the aquarium. In general, the mass of options.
However, this is not what I have to sculpt into my tank. Think what you like best, show imagination and you will succeed in everything, the main thing is desire.
But with all this, remember, no matter how you want to embellish your underwater garden, choose exactly those decorations that will be useful to the inhabitants. And for this you should already know who you should live and know their habitat conditions in nature.
Oh, here it is. Before you put something new in the aquarium, do not forget to sanitize it.
If these are stones and driftwood, boil them, just rinse and clean thoroughly, as not all the filth is killed with boiling water. After that, some experienced aquarists advise disinfection in manganese, and some even dilute the solution using Levomycetin.
We usually drink it, if we have cultural diarrhea, it is better to protect ourselves than to run an aquarium in a new way, in which you have threatened a lot of energy, money and time. So, with this decided, proceed to the next step.
I think I didn’t just talk about it and you, thanks to my modest advice, decided on the inhabitants. It’s time to buy fish in the store. When choosing fish, just in case of a fire case, I’ll give you a few more important points, they will further facilitate fish care:
– choose fish taking into account their conditions of keeping, thermophilicity or cold resistance and their feeding characteristics;
– in your “garden” the fishes should get on together perfectly, therefore it is better not to lodge predators together with small peace-loving fish, they simply devour them, and you will not even have time to blink an eye;
– you do not need to buy fenipers fish, which require excessive care, otherwise you will be tired of it and you will abandon everything, since you will sacrifice your personal time that you can plan for other purposes;
– when you have already come to the store and are looking at the fish, pay attention to their behavior, color and condition in general. It is better to ask the seller to catch exactly those individuals that you specify. Understandably, if there are 200-300 pieces in the aquarium, they will most likely be sent to where they came from, but if possible, ask.
It will be very sad if you sneak in sick fish.
It seems that everything is told here, now let’s talk about the correct feeding.
If you feed your pets correctly, this is half the success. It is better to feed on time and regularly, preferably at the same time.
Train to lure fish before feeding by gently tapping nails on the glass. Usually everyone does that.
However, there are exceptions. In some aquariums, the fish are so accustomed to the regime that at the same time they themselves rise to the surface for feeding.
In my aquarium, the fish know that as soon as the small lid is removed and the square glass of the cover glass moves away, they immediately gather at the surface. It turns out a kind of reflex, like Pavlov’s dog 🙂
The diet can be different, it is desirable to combine food: dry, frozen, bloodworm and vegetable. My advice, it’s better to freeze the crank, otherwise you can add some nasty stuff.
Frozen bloodworm goes to fish as well as alive. For me, maybe someone else, be sure to write in the comments,
But when feeding the fish always remember – never overfeed them, otherwise they will all pop up belly. When overeating, the fish even shorten the lifespan, I even heard it.
In my aquarium, I used to feed twice a day – around 12.00 and around 18.00. However, later they began not to eat so actively and had to cut down the rations and switch to a one-time feeding.
Watch carefully for their behavior, if you do not actively eat, it means not hungry, go to a moderate dose, do 2 times a week unloading day. Let a little starve, then it will be better to eat.
Well, I smoothly got to the final step – the immediate care of the aquarium.
Proper and high quality is the content of aquarium fish in a clean and properly designed aquarium. Well, firstly, this is a regular water change.
I have an aquarium of 280 liters, a net volume of water somewhere 205-210 liters. I replace 1/5 of the water once a week. Not once a month, as I saw on some forum, they advised, and once a week, a maximum of 2. It is desirable that the water has the same temperature and hardness as the water in the aquarium, but you yourself perfectly understand that with our quality water supply Water to achieve this is extremely difficult.
Defend the water for about a week, but if it is unbearable or it did not work out earlier, then at least 2-3 days, so that all pairs of chlorine and other Labuda will disappear from there. Immediately eliminate chlorine using AQUAYER AntiToxin Vita.
Constantly scrubber clean all the glass from fouling, stones and snags clean with brushes, as there, too, algae appear. Soil the soil with a funnel to remove fish excrement that pollutes your tank.
Not timely removal of decay products may affect the disturbance of biological balance in your tank, which is not good.
Well, that’s basically all for today. I think I did not miss anything so important, and if I missed, remind me and the rest of the readers in the comments, it will be very interesting for all of us to hear other opinions.
Subscribe to blog updates and I guarantee you will not miss new publications. See you soon!:)