Today, aquarium lovers have a wide opportunity to diversify their passions with a choice of tenants. At their disposal are fish, turtles, snails and, of course, newts – representatives of amphibians, which have a number of special and interesting characteristics.
If you liked the video – share with friends:
Tritons in an aquarium are not uncommon today. Despite their preferences for a free and independent life, they easily learned to live in captivity and did not even lose their biological properties.
The water house in which they live is original and positive, and the lifestyle of its inhabitants attracts the attention of everyone without exception.
Being representatives of the order caudate amphibians, such an aquarium tenant has a characteristic appearance:
- Size up to 10-12 cm;
- The original color (from brown-brown to olive) with a bright yellow or orange belly with dark spots;
- On the head there are two longitudinal darker stripes passing in the region of the eyes;
- The skin is smooth or with a noticeable grain;
- Long (almost half the total length) tail;
- A pronounced crest in males, passing from the head to the tail, particularly noticeable during the breeding season;
- Four almost equally developed paws with fingers, equipped with membranes.
There are individuals that have a very bright color, giving them some kind of fascinating aura. Then everyone who happened to see, for example, the combination of a bright orange abdomen against a spotted back and a contrasting strip, will forever remember what a newt looks like.
Triton: care and maintenance require care and attention.
- It is better to use a long and large aquarium for a triton, which should be equipped as follows:
- Cover the bottom of the soil, excluding the presence of small pebbles and shells (since they, along with food can be swallowed);
- Plant more plants, especially those creating shade zones (amphibians like to relax in the shade, and they wrap their eggs in wide leaves);
- To provide for the mandatory presence of land islands under the lamp and outside it (contact with atmospheric air is an integral part of existence);
- Provide a constant water temperature within 18-22o (in the case of its heating – in the warm season or from a lamp – equip a cooling device);
- Use water purifiers (in the form of mechanical filters);
- Control water hardness (preference is given to mild or medium degree);
- To ensure good self-cleaning capacity of water, it is better to organize regular replacement of at least a quarter of the volume.
At the same time, there is no particular demand for lighting. It is needed more for the growth and production of chlorophyll by plants.
In general, the question: “How to care for such friends?” Can be answered as follows: it is more correct to observe their behavior and react to the slightest manifestations of anxiety.
To think about what tritons eat, should be in terms of a balanced diet, food quality and quantity. A healthy appearance and a vigorous lifestyle is the best manifestation of a properly organized diet.
Adults should be rationally fed every other day, but fully and, from their point of view, tasty (so that the food is eaten completely). Small fish, crushed fraction of earthworms, bloodworm will do.
Useful meat and fish stuffing, as well as liver gruel.
The presence of vitamins and microelements is obligatory (synthetic amphibian food can be purchased, enriched with mineral components in balanced proportions).
Despite the need for vitamins, aquarium plants will not have such an amphibian, so you should be careful of their integrity.
Feed the newt baby must be daily. The diet should be enhanced by the content of protein and other biologically active substances.
For the larvae, one should take care of the presence of small crustaceans, insects, possibly daphnia or cyclops. Over time, they will take the bloodworm and the pipe worker.
In addition to the question of what to feed, no less important: how to stimulate the reproduction of newts?
As practice shows, this is real and not very difficult. The main thing is to prevent overheating of the water, and it is better to cool it (allowed up to 6 °).
Individuals reach sexual maturity at the age of 3 years. During the breeding season, a male is especially attracted to himself. His movements are reminiscent of ritual dances, the coloring becomes brighter, and the look – more piercing.
Breed tritonchiki noticeably and interesting.
At this point, he forms a spermatophore, which should get into the cesspool of the female and fertilize the finished germ cells. Thus, fertilization is internal.
If you liked the video – share with friends: