Why do some people refuse to have children in the 21st century?
People meet, get married, then they have a child. So the majority lives, and any deviation from this scheme causes public censure. After all, it is believed that a normal and healthy person sometimes has a desire to become a parent. So it is accepted in the society that children should appear in the family, otherwise it will be incomplete and unhappy. What is it – the truth of life or a stereotype that is firmly entangled in the minds of people?
Let’s first understand, why do people have children. There are several reasons:
- Tradition – a man should plant a tree, build a house and give birth to a son, so that he becomes a successor of the family;
- The desire to leave behind someone who will remember you after your death;
- The sense of ownership – it extends not only to things, but also to people. A person wants to have his own, such a close and close person next to him;
- Vestiges of the past. Previously, they thought: the more children, the more work they will perform on the au pair. As a result, the prosperity of the family will grow;
- The need for a man who will take care of you in old age and bring that same glass of water;
- The search for the meaning of life. Often such a meaning for a person becomes his child.
I have nothing against children, but I do not want my own. Perhaps I'm afraid of responsibility, which will inevitably entail the birth of a child.
I have a child that I love immensely. But I perfectly understand people who do not want to have children, in no way do I condemn them. It is better to honestly admit that you do not want to have children, than to give birth to a child and do not care about it.
Look around you. Many people give birth to children simply because it is so accepted. Others therefore want to save the marriage, which gave a break. In other people, a child is only the result of an unprotected sexual intercourse. The world is going to hell.
I do not want to condemn a child to poverty
People who grew up in poor families are afraid that the same will happen to their children. Therefore, they are eager to get on their feet, acquire their own housing, earn enough money to not deny themselves anything. The process of gaining financial prosperity can last for the rest of your life.
I grew up in poverty, lacking everything. And then I promised myself that if I did not get out of this hole, I would never start having children. I still could not get out of the hole.
I can be a happy person without my children