How to register custody of a child with living parents
Children are the most vulnerable members of our society. They need protection no less than adults. Life is unpredictable and there are cases when parents can not fully take care of their own child. In such situations, the law provides for custody of the child with live parents. That’s what today’s stuff is about.
In what cases is guardianship required for minors?
Custody of the child is formalized in situations where the parents are unable to perform their duties. The reasons for establishing guardianship over a citizen who have not reached the age of 18 with a live mom or dad may be several:
- The parent can not exercise due care for health reasons. This item includes both physical and mental diseases.
- The basis for changing the guardian is a job that provides long-term business trips of a permanent nature.
- Parents reside in the territory of another country or city.
- Father and mother can not provide all of their child’s needs.
- Voluntary refusal of legal guardians.
The Family Code of the Russian Federation also provides for cases when the parents of a toddler are under 16 years of age and are not in an official marriage.